Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think the rally is over now... or very soon? - page 6. (Read 16010 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Please post any chart from ANY financial market in modern or ancient history that shows a massive, dramatic upward spike without a sharp correction.
Good luck finding one.

There is none. But what you cannot know beforehand is the magnitude of the spike. Today we are talking about +200% in two months. Remember late 2010? At $1 bitcoin was screaming overbought, yet it decided to go up another 30-fold before the dramatic correction.

That is akin to going to $1000 in the following 5 months. Now THAT is something Smiley

Actually, that would start to move into cool territory  Grin
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Please post any chart from ANY financial market in modern or ancient history that shows a massive, dramatic upward spike without a sharp correction.
Good luck finding one.

There is none. But what you cannot know beforehand is the magnitude of the spike. Today we are talking about +200% in two months. Remember late 2010? At $1 bitcoin was screaming overbought, yet it decided to go up another 30-fold before the dramatic correction.

That is akin to going to $1000 in the following 5 months. Now THAT is something Smiley
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
This was on page 1 of the thread.
Was anyone able to respond to the challenge? Perhaps I didn't see it
  • Please post any chart from ANY financial market in modern or ancient history that shows a massive, dramatic upward spike without a sharp correction.

Good luck finding one.

Shhhh...quit helping all the noobs.  Just a joke.  But you are correct, it just does not happen(that I know of).
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
The (short-term) correction was ~$3.50, no matter what you believe...

Maybe this will help you out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_correction

At no point was 31.05 established as an equilibrium.

The price is currently 33.32, not 31.05. 31.05 is just the point to which a seller cleared out the order book. It's not where the price ended up.
Maybe your ticker window is still frozen. Try hitting refresh.

Try paying attention to detail, especially when you previously decided to insult someone.
I had orders filled at 31.05, did you?   Cheesy

Maybe if you didn't use such self-righteous silliness as "I'm sorry to inform you", you wouldn't have felt insulted by someone pointing out how foolish you sounded.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
This was on page 1 of the thread.
Was anyone able to respond to the challenge? Perhaps I didn't see it
  • Please post any chart from ANY financial market in modern or ancient history that shows a massive, dramatic upward spike without a sharp correction.

Good luck finding one.
legendary

The price is currently 33.32, not 31.05. 31.05 is just the point to which a seller cleared out the order book. It's not where the price ended up.

Try paying attention to detail, especially when you previously decided to insult someone.
I had orders filled at 31.05, did you?   Cheesy

Activity: 358
that's what i find most pathetic, 1 person sells a chunk of coins and all the bears jump all over it, shame that every time it just moves back up to what it was before and shows them up.

"omg 1 person sold" crash crash correction correction!!
34.2 - 32.8 = $1.6

FYI:
$34.51541 - 31.05   (....BTC at $31.05107)  =  $3.46
$3.46 which is a very decent short-term correction.

legendary
34.2 - 32.8 = $1.6

FYI:
$34.51541 - 31.05   (....BTC at $31.05107)  =  $3.46  (or more, it probably went under 31)
$3.46 which is a very decent short-term correction.
Activity: 291
I emailed this to a friend this morning calling the sell off.  Too bad I did not 100% believe myself.  Email was titled "Ready for the sell off?"  This is hilarious watching people panic.  It will recover and continue to climb...

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
This is getting a little too high. I'm cashing out while the cashing is good.

Just don't make the mistake of going back and checking the price later, to see that it's gone up to $40. Even with all your sweet profit, you'll be kicking yourself.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
This is getting a little too high. I'm cashing out while the cashing is good.
$3 is a decent short-term correction. A much bigger drop is possible, but we have so many "bubble-heads".

34.2 - 32.8 = $1.6

One guy cleared out the order book, that's not a "correction" to the lowest price he got. Half the ticker sites are still frozen and the price is already over 50% over the lowest price he got to. I suspect if you give it another minute or two it will be back higher.
legendary
$3 is a decent short-term correction. A much bigger drop is possible, but we have so many "bubble-heads".

One large sale is not a correction.

This
https://mtgox.com/code/data/getDepth.php
was showing the ask price at 29.xx, but it was goxed.
The best fill I got was very low $31
The over-due correction is happening now.

Stop Selling!
Now is the time to buy   Smiley

One large sale is not a correction.
legendary
The over-due correction is happening now.

Stop Selling!
Now is the time to buy   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I didn't say which week. Though it will be soon, real soon. Very soon even.
Activity: 420
I predict a crash all the way to 35 by end-of-week.
Psh if it crashes all the way to 35 i'll eat spaghetti tonight.... but since i'm cooking spaghetti for dinner tonight, lets hope this is a self fulfilling prophecy.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
I predict a crash all the way to 35 by end-of-week.

+1
Spike to $58 and dead-cat-bounce down to $18. It's only Thursday, by June 2011 standards there's still time. Cheesy

I don't think you are using the term dead-cat bounce correctly. It should be "dead-cat-bounce up to $18".
Pages:
Jump to: