Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust Active telegram Groups? - page 22. (Read 93637 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 253
September 08, 2020, 11:04:15 PM
I can't really say how much impact those "Active telegram groups" has in a certain projects well being per se. So, what does active mean anyway? All members are real human having discussions about the projects or by the total of their members? Not all those groups with thousands or tens or even more members are real users. I heard that you could even buy members to make your groups has many total members, no idea if they were real or fake accounts.

Telegram is like a place to get in touch with the devs or the team members etc and passing their newest updates. But that doesn't mean a bigger groups has a bigger chance of success and vice versa. So, it's wrong to assume such things. Well, people has their own way of "research" anyway.

PS: Is it just me or are you advertising the projects so people know them? Sorry if I'm wrong though, just saying.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
September 08, 2020, 10:48:03 PM
Interesting! One of the criteria I have used so far is an active telegram group, where the admin or team responds to questions from investors. Although the project is not successful, as long as the team to respond to what we ask and transparent to the progress of the project, why not?
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
September 08, 2020, 10:45:30 PM
I have analyzed some projects with activity of telegram group. And yes, many of successfull projects has an active telegram group that mean there are members and admins that active on the chats. Then , if you want analyze about a project like xfinance analyze also about their team profile on linkedin to know about them.
Activity: 119
Merit: 6
September 08, 2020, 09:39:22 PM
Hi all , I'm a newbie in bitcointalk but not in Crypto field. I have about 6 Years of experience about this field.

As an Investor , Still i have a doubt with some active telegram groups. I have analysed so many projects and Most successful projects had an Active telegram Group.

So far I have analyzed 500+ projects before investment 

My analysis Results are here

A)  9%      successful projects with an Active telegram group
B)  6%      unsuccessful projects with an Active telegram group
C)  25%    unsuccessful projects
D)  60%    scam projects

But Now I have decided to invest for a projects having an Active Telegram group , But tell me your openion about these type of projects.
Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

I will not invest or support a project if it's only about telegram group I of course want to see the coin potential and there should be a reason why the project that you are talking about XFINANCE do not have a thread here maybe they are hiding something or they do not want to be questioned, telegram group has nothing to do if the project is worth investing,it's more than that.

Activity: 532
Merit: 114
September 08, 2020, 09:36:01 PM
Backed with so much research, i think you yourself are most equipped to draw your own conclusions. You have managed to promote xfinance, that's all that seems 'highlighted' in your query.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
September 08, 2020, 09:22:35 PM
I'm active in telegram but I was not supposed to give trust any of them. It doesn't mean that they all cannot be trusted but much better to keep safe at all costs. Because oftentimes that I receive a message from a person who I'd never know and introducing himself as a part of the team, in a project.

Telegram is the most common way to scam people and that makes me think better not to interact with them instead of having them ignored.

Very True, telegram mostly being used to scammed out, better not to deal with anyone you don't know. There's always better ways to succeed in any investment plans, you just need to continue reading and following the project.

Telegram works as medium to get along with the team but make sure you are talking with real people only to converse when you are inside the main channel not outside.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 343
September 08, 2020, 08:44:25 PM
I'm active in telegram but I was not supposed to give trust any of them. It doesn't mean that they all cannot be trusted but much better to keep safe at all costs. Because oftentimes that I receive a message from a person who I'd never know and introducing himself as a part of the team, in a project.

Telegram is the most common way to scam people and that makes me think better not to interact with them instead of having them ignored.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
September 08, 2020, 07:53:47 PM
An active telegram group doesn't guarantee a successful project. I have joined on many active telegram groups but unfortunately they fail to grow the projects. However, believe me, that an active telegram group is much better than a not active telegram group. If you joined a project with no activity of the team projects there, it's most likely a scam project. We cannot expect anything from the silent project teams, they may have gone or left the telegram group.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
September 08, 2020, 04:42:34 PM
As an Investor , Still i have a doubt with some active telegram groups. I have analysed so many projects and Most successful projects had an Active telegram Group.
Had an active telegram group did not mean it would become a successful project, they only have plenty of numbers of group members whos talked about the project (mostly spam). There is no guarantee that among the entire members are have interests in the project, most are forced to join in their group. Aside from that in the current DeFi hype would not rule out of possibility for them to using paid service to making their project hype, such as this one[1].

Btw, I don't know what the exact purpose wherefore you glow the text on the last parts but it looks like you are encourage people to investing on Xfinance and if I remember correctly this is also a new project which just launched lately.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55151964
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 08, 2020, 04:24:44 PM
Hi all , I'm a newbie in bitcointalk but not in Crypto field. I have about 6 Years of experience about this field.

6 years of experience in the crypto-field and as a regular investor, you should already know that having an active Telegram group is not the assurance that a certain project will be successful in the future.

It's good that the project owners always keep in touch with the community, answering questions and concerns, providing regular updates, future plans, etc. but the success of it relies on how far the community will support them on their progress.

I'm still a member of some projects that held ICO during 2018 and 2019 and their groups are still active today. Devs are active, there are "real" discussions, no sh*t or something, etc. However, it seems they still need more time before they can make a big fuel to boost their market price.

As for XFinance, do some DYOR about the project. Don't depend on how large their Telegram group is.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
September 08, 2020, 04:18:41 PM

But Now I have decided to invest for a projects having an Active Telegram group , But tell me your openion about these type of projects.
Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

There is no vivid interaction or discussion in their telegram even they have many members only few were active it seems like a bot or paid chatters or some members were just added through paid service. It can be B but still can be successful due to DeFi hype. While it's good to have a active telegram it still must consist a active topic from their investors. But since DeFi were still in hype this could still be a success project in just few days like others DeFi project experience just be focus and monitor when to sell once you invest in any DeFi projects as some price where only due to hype and can experience loss faster than we think.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
September 08, 2020, 04:13:25 PM
I believe it but it depends on the activity of telegram group earlier, considering that currently there is a bounty campaign that holds a telegram campaign, of course there are many bots that fill the telegram group and it's hard to believe it, but if the activity comes from investors or enthusiasts of the project, of course I really trust it.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 08, 2020, 04:07:03 PM
Do I trust active telegram groups - YES, when I still see the project team doing their job to keep the investors hopeful of the project. Since telegram is their main channel to communicate with their investors ( mostly ) telegram should be neat and clean, responsive and approachable. I've seen a lot of telegram groups being bugged by a spammer that leads the team to get another channel. An honest suggestion to get rid of the inactive telegram group, buy another sim card where you can transfer all your active telegram groups. From my existence on this field, I haven't visited many tg groups of mine in long time that I reached more than 1.5 million unread messages lol.
Activity: 889
Merit: 60
September 08, 2020, 03:52:22 PM
How do you define an active telegram group? There are numerous of bots and airdrop participants that would make the group active, but it doesn't mean anyone wants to be in there reading the same annoying "When distribution" comments.

Channels with real talk about the tech and developers hanging there too are whole another case.

Also many projects avoid telegram and prefer discord, because in there you can compartmentalize different conversation areas.
Activity: 686
Merit: 35
September 08, 2020, 03:40:51 PM
A project with an active telegram only indicates the active nature of the telegram community which can translate into different ways,  perhaps the group members are paid shillers to shill about the project, bounty hunters or real investors but that does not necessarily mean the project will succeed because it takes more than jut an active telegram group for project to be successful.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
September 08, 2020, 03:01:23 PM
Just because a place has an active telegram chat doesn't mean that it will make a profit. It just means that there are tons of people talking about it and believe me that doesn't mean price will go up at all, it doesn't even say anything at all.

Nano for example was the high point of community at one point, everyone in everywhere talked about it, on bitcointalk on reddit on twitter even on facebook it was all talked and it had so many telegram groups that regular main telegram group was active but it also had language ones all active as well, look at what happened to it. That is why do not fall for any coin that has active telegram group, that means nothing in general, it is just a group and chatting is free, you do not know how many of these people are helping or hurting the coin.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
September 08, 2020, 02:59:57 PM
At first I want to say, I did not choose any project according to only telegram activity. Yes, most of the time telegram helps to get some valuable  news about interested projects but it can not prove that the project is legit or scam. If you have 6 years experienced with 500+ project analysed then I will suggest you to use your own brain to catch the right project. Because most of us are less experience than you, and very rear people have experiences like you who analyzed 500+ projects but they will not come here to answer your question here.
So do the things what you think best. Good Luck.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
September 08, 2020, 02:33:27 PM

So far I have analyzed 500+ projects before investment 

My analysis Results are here

A)  9%      successful projects with an Active telegram group
B)  6%      unsuccessful projects with an Active telegram group
C)  25%    unsuccessful projects
D)  60%    scam projects

Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

These are not the right parameters to judge or decide about the success or genuinity of a project because the success or failure of a project depends on many factors and we cannot solely judge from telegram group but personally i like active and responsive telegram groups.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
September 08, 2020, 02:11:30 PM
It is not at all a fact that a project that has an active admin in its telegram group can be successful. I have had a similar negative experience enough times. I actively communicated with the admin, and he really solved problems, but in the end, zero. So I would not invest based on this fact.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
September 08, 2020, 02:10:32 PM
6 years of your experience was kind of a joke.

Determined the project just based on a telegram group, so non-ICO project without funding with a small community always fails? If you have 6 years experience why still asking the basic question to everyone about some project ~LOL
Pages:
Jump to: