Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies? - page 34. (Read 21838 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 114
Celebrities get the needed publicity and that is mostly the extent of their presence. Unless the celebrity is one with the technical know-how, then again with the volatile state of crypto, it is still hard for anyone to predict anything with certainty. So trust just does not factor into any endorsements.
Activity: 197
Merit: 0
There are two points for me, yes there is a high chance that it would work because many will believe on their idols. However, it could also be a risk because they know nothing and is just endorsing because of payment
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Why would you? Its just advertisement. Unless there are going to be advertisements on tv of them endorsing any particular crypto(which will bring great deal of hype to that one coin), I would not buy anything that I fell has the potential of growth. BTW, paris hilton has been in crypto for longer than most of us have been and may be knowing great deal about crypto!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
No. Most of those celebs have no clue what they are talking about, also these folks would probably endorse Adolf Hitler himself if they get paid enough (in fiat) and can get 15 more minutes media coverage :/. Anyway,they are the products of the "old fiat world" so why their endorsement would count in the "new crypto world" Smiley?
Activity: 141
I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
They are getting paid to promote, i don't even believe with john mcafee when he was shilling for altcoin because he was getting paid up to $100k for each altcoin that used him to promote.
Remember myweather and how centra have already become a scam and all of the asset has been seized by US securities. It can be trusted.

Anyway, you can make lots of money on Mcaffee tweets...
I think you can listen to those who are in top of crypto guru, it's risky, but it can be really profitable because lots of people listen to them...and you just need to buy deep and sell high, without thinking about the project itself. Look at XVG and Docademic
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
No. I don’t trust the project even if they will pay Silverstein Stallone or any big celebrity to endorse their project. I prefer referring to ANN thread always everytime I invest a certain coin or project and calibarate each veteran’s feedback regarding the project. Its because most celebrities being paid to endorse are ignorant about what they endorse, for love of money they  are just gonna accept the salary.
Activity: 294
Merit: 8
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
I do not trust celebrities endorsement at all. I invested in one scam ICO (Centra) that was endorsed by celebrities as well I believe.
Project analysis is based on many aspects, if we rely on only one factor that evaluates that ICO I think not enough. Today the scammers are very sophisticated, maybe we will be fooled by them.
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
If celebrities start investing in crypto currencies then it is a good thing.If they just make themselves PR then you should not pay attention to them.They do it for their own advertising.
Activity: 154
In as much as most of them are been paid to do it but i think it is good for crypto currency, we need such people in crypto space so that they will help to create more awareness about crypto currency so that more people will join the space. So like the idea.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I do not trust celebrities endorsement at all. I invested in one scam ICO (Centra) that was endorsed by celebrities as well I believe.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
To me, it's up to the celebrities, like singers and models, to not believe that they can make good money. But with Tim Draper, he is one of the billionaires who favor electronic money and most is Bitcoin. I think he can make a lot people know and understand crypto, then help cryptocurrency good than more
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

As practice has shown, you should not trust the famous people who advertise a particular project. Often they are the face of the company, but they are not familiar with the project, they do not know its essence. They do it for the money.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
Its about self interest and not for public benefits,as of now how many big celebrities are endorsing cryptocurrency and what happens is failure like that a popular actress from russia who endorsed crypto but suddenly dump the coins,the latest celebrity that crosses my eyes is the Fighting senator from the Philippines Manny Pacquiao and as of this moment i think the coin is under the water together with many altcoins
Activity: 66
I believe that, because it's a sign that they are really intent on running their project, even if it is a world celebrity,
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
I agree and believe that celebrities endorse the whole crypto, but if they only support one piece of crypto, then I doubt and need further consideration.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
lol not at all. Do you know how is McAfee's coin of the day going? Most of them end up going downhill. The buyer who FOMO and buy after the announcement take all the losses while the endorser (McAfee) probably take the other side of the trade when the pump happen.

Endorsement from celebrities means nothing for a highly technical thing like cryptocurrency. They don't understand shit about these things. All they care about is their own money.
Activity: 142
I think this is a way of cryptocurrency promotion. We need to think and judge for ourselves whether it is really profitable, or whether it is valuable to judge whether or not these messages are valuable. If they just want to promote the password without knowing the market, we do not need to listen to their opinions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
Trust because of what?
Most of them advertise things that they don't even have any connection to and they do it just because they get paid to do that, usually they don't even know what they are advertising, you should never join an ICO just because a celebrity that you like promotes it because they only do that to get more buzz on the project.

More then that, I think that when a celebrity promotes an ICO it's a big red alert not to join the ICO because it tells how the ICO organizers waste the money on , if they really had a very good project they wouldn't need someone to advertise them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 6

I don’t trust these celebrities because that’s not their area of specialization
For example, how can a footballer or musician convince me to invest in any form of crypto currency for whatever reasons

They never know the intentions of the developer and they risk tarnishing their hard earned images as well
It’s best to make your research, get your informations and do the right and proper things

Avoid fake icos by doing proper research
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

I don't believe, because I think celebrities are only part of the ico campaign scenario to attract many investors. and this has happened in some cases ico being a scam. most likely celebrities will not be interested in the world of crypto is quite complicated to learn in a short time.
Pages:
Jump to: