Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies? - page 35. (Read 21838 times)

Activity: 393
Merit: 500
Some celebrities are worth to be trusted. For, example, Ian Balina. But I don't like McAffee. I think, he is junkie
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Using celebrities for promotion might be a proof that its a well budgeted project or else they're using them to cover up something negative about the project and give people focus on an artist reviews and comments. Even if they're the artist I looked up to, I will never trust them, Movie or Music Industry are focused on business, getting endorsers, supporters and to get profit to earn money. They even do things for publicity.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I do not believe. For example, Bill Gates said to do empty cryptocurrency and the like. I think their strength is not enough to affect the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 19
not really they just endorse and they got paid. I think they dont know that crypto did really exist  Wink Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

I dont trust any people especially celebrities that endorses cryptocurrencies because for all we knew that they know nothing about it and was just paid to say something good or benefecial to the one that they're endorsing. If you want to trust cryptocurrencies, then investigate their products, their vision, their community and their overall team. If its satisfies you, then trust and invest from them then.
Activity: 10
No, you shouldn't. It's all marketing and in most of the cases it's a huge red flag for scammers. Most of the time it's a paid advertisement more than it's an actual involvement in a project and in some cases the celebrities have no idea what they are saying or doing and are simply following a script. And it's not only about celebrities. You shouldn't believe everything people say on the internet because you never know who is paying who. You should always do you own due diligence before investing in a project and sometimes even trust you gut, but don't take people word for granted.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
Famous people have a say in the community. This is also considered a double-edged sword. If they support bitcoin, then this is a good thing. But if they hate and fight with bitcoins, then there will be a lot of problems happening
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
you should never trust or rely on what other people say, no matter who they are. whenever someone is endorsing (but who are we kidding they are advertising it) something they are always biased and all the time they are thinking about their own benefits not yours. not to mention that most of these so called "celebrities" have no idea what they are talking about. they just advertise possibly because they are getting paid or have a big stake in that shitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
No, not at all. Celebrities only endorse things that they have a financial incentive to endorse. The same goes for many of the people that hold themselves out as ICO advisors. Many of them will endorse anything if you give them some free coins. You should always remember that everyone has their own agenda and their agenda may not benefit you.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

They get pay to promote cryptocurrencies and most of them not use crypto for their activity. Using currency ( financial legal instrument ) more safe for them and invest in stock/ real estate/ automotive become their choice. Never trust it but you should see the product clearly. Do that because that's the right one.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I guess you are watching the summit of Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump on Singapore and you caught the attention of Dennis Rodman wearing a t-shirt "potcoin".

I remember that there's a celebrity that endorsed an ICO but it turned out to be a scam, if I'm correct that is Floyd Mayweather. Endorsement coming from a celebrity is going to make the project/coin on hype but don't trust that way easily.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Not all celebrities understand what they say. Many do it for money. but there are those who have a point of vision and interest in this area
Activity: 196
celebrities who support cryptocurrency as well as celebrities who star in food products are almost the same, they are just as bait to influence consumers to choose their products, celebrities are just ad stars and they are paid to do that, but I like companies or ICOs that innovate like this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24

It really depends on who is the celebrity that will endorse a certain crypto. Most of the time, those celebrities endorsing really didn't care about the project. They are just paid to do such promotion. If ever those celebrity will invest millions in the said project that he endorses then he will have my respect and trust. This is more on a personal opinion though and I think this will bring both advantages and disadvantages depending on the personality of the celebrity endorsing it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261

Why not, if they are endorsing it in positive ways then it will create positive sphere around the crypto geeks and thus it will be more or less good thing for the economy of crypto. If people are not in the positive sphere then how they will get motivated to invest their own money into the crypto's?

Many times when a fan see's their celebrity making investment into the crypto currencies then surely they follow their path in the want of profits and also this increases the trust factor for that specific project or coins. As whole bitcoin always gets benefited with this one.
Activity: 406
It's not an important factor for me, this is just the way that ICO chose to promote itself, by paying celebrities. Most likely those celebrities don't really care about that specific Ico, they just endorse it in order to get paid a huge amount of money.
Activity: 5
Great read. Everything is insightful. Most of the time when I see a celebrity with a company doing an ICO, I kinda look away from it.

Good advice, research is still the best way to understand the company and to be safe(just my opinion).

By the way, what happened to Ashton Kutcher's $4 M worth of Ripple donation to Ellen DeGeneres? What can you guys say about that?
Activity: 632
Merit: 122
lol trusting somebody ? not a chance!
do you know someone called 'DJ Khaled' ? he can be considered as a celebrity too and he's promoting a project called 'CTR' a months ago.
but right now ? that project is gone because their founders have been arrested.
read it here : https://ripplenews.tech/2018/04/03/founders-centra-ctr-arrested-fake-ico-grossed-32-million/

so if you want to invest do not look/ask for someone else but do your own research,people are doing it for money so it's not surprising to see those thing,right ?
be smart bro
Activity: 1050
i think the use of celebrities in a cryptocurrency is limited to promoting it, so it's just a job as a celebrity, not a full favor of a coin. this is a dev strategy to smoothen its sales
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
Since they are just given a line what to say or a scene to act in endorsing a certain coin, basically, they don't have the full knowledge of what they are doing. Not unless I know them that they are also inclined to finance or this industry, that's the time I will give some of my trust.
Pages:
Jump to: