Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust USDT? - page 9. (Read 7077 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
November 07, 2020, 11:41:11 PM
USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

Do you trust USDT or believe it might be a scam?
I find it very stable and secure to secure the property.

With a crypto that you can use to treat it as dollars in life.  I agree they are lacking in transparency about the information in this market,
but perhaps the time they spend in this space is of great value. I see usdt almost as a bridge connecting crypto to real assets.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
November 07, 2020, 05:02:06 AM
USDT have earned enough trust since they launch in crypto space, there is nothing to worry about, almost all top exchanges on crypto space accepts and support USDT more than any other stable coins, only scammers should fear USDT because they can freeze stolen funds
Activity: 623
Merit: 100
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
November 06, 2020, 02:27:14 PM
Yes, I trust USDT. USDT is stable currency. For this, the market is down, but USDT does not have any effect.
 I believe this because last 1.5 years I would use USDT. But I never had any problems.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1030
November 05, 2020, 10:11:32 AM
it certainly makes more sense to use dai instead of tether.
The Tether is a central structure, and we can't really know if there's money behind it.
But dai is based on Ethereum and ethereum is a great decentralized platform.
The choice is yours.
Activity: 490
November 05, 2020, 09:31:34 AM
USDT is very reliable among other stable coins in crypto world, though it's centralized but that doesn't bug or bother me, it has the highest trading volume and that's why it's the best stablecoin for most traders, its well supported as it's available not only on ETH ERC20 smart contract
Activity: 328
Merit: 2
November 04, 2020, 12:06:16 PM
I always used USDT in trading and I think there is no problem as long as USDT is tradable and can use to earn. I don't believe that this is a scam because it continuously use in different crypto exchange. It is a good stable coin so far.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
November 04, 2020, 11:50:43 AM
Why not trusted with USDT? I think is table coin and keep the same value for long term, if you wanna hold and save your money better use USDT without have inflation and keep stable with the same price. But for investor USDT the only currency when facing the bad moment when bitcoin and altcoin going down they convert assets to be USDT, after bitcoin and altcoin raising to higher price will buy and sell USDT to get bitcoin or altcoin looking with potential price later. The same moment when bitcoin back again to lower price because only USDT is the stable coin right now.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
November 04, 2020, 11:36:02 AM
USDT is a stable coin.  Which keeps pace with the value of usdt.  We always do usdt when we trade.  Another important aspect is that it protects our bitcoin from declining.
Usdt is one of the cryptocurrencies whose prices are quite stable in the market so that many investors / traders choose usdt alt coins as their means to save money to make it safer, because we know that usdt has rarely decreased or has significant price increases in its history, so that it is makes investors reluctant to make USDT as their investment asset and only chooses as an asset to save money to avoid large losses when the market is experiencing a downturn in price.
Activity: 149
Merit: 1
November 04, 2020, 11:03:30 AM
USDT is a stable coin.  Which keeps pace with the value of usdt.  We always do usdt when we trade.  Another important aspect is that it protects our bitcoin from declining.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1775
Catalog Websites
November 02, 2020, 12:49:40 PM
I don't trust Tether (USDT).  USDT has disadvantages inherent in both cryptocurrencies and fiat money.  

I am mindful of the risks of using USDT.

Risks associated with USDT:

1) Risks (potential) of issuer fraud;
2) Risks of attack from regulatory authorities;
3) Technological risks;
4) Risks that tether will be declared an illegal monetary surrogate;
5) Risks of lack of collateral (1 USDT is not secured by 1 $).

When trading on a crypto exchange, stablecoin can be useful.

But I will be fixing my profit in Bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 19
October 31, 2020, 11:57:17 AM
The way I make my money is clean so I have nothing to worry about when using USDT, I've never heard that USDT freeze account of people that has nothing to do with embezzling funds or illegal funds, if you are one of this then don't use USDT, go for other like USDC or DAI
Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
October 31, 2020, 11:48:03 AM
USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

Do you trust USDT or believe it might be a scam?
^ I am curious about who said USDT is a scam, whether that person was covered or suffered a loss?

USDT is the best stable coin and has real back up funds, so far I am actively using USDT when trading, and never encountered any problems.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
October 31, 2020, 12:14:54 AM
Yes absolutely. I didn't find any reason not to use usdt. In the market there are lots of stable coin available. But usdt is the biggest of all of them. Cause I think it's used by most of the people. It has a very big marketcao and it's supported bybalmost every big to small exchanges. I know there are lots of funds going around usdt but I personally never faced any kind of problem regarding this coins. So for me it's a yes. If you don't like it that's absolutely fine. You can use other stable coins too.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
October 30, 2020, 07:23:47 PM
I don't but most of the time I don't have another option. In my opinion, USDT has become too good to fail. I don't mean it's 100% safe but if it crashed exchanges and whales would be affected more than my $500.
It would be a good idea if most of the people and exchanges moved to safer alternative like USDC or TUSD. I too am planning to change to them when possible.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 30, 2020, 07:19:10 PM
I prefer USDT for trading purposes so that the value of money remains same and there are no big changes happen. I trust it whenever I sell any altcoins then I go for convert the fiat to USDT then I go for withdrawal with minimum fees which exchange provide. Then I sell USDT to covert it with fiat so that I can get a value from it even after the dump market.
Activity: 798
October 30, 2020, 07:11:24 PM
The original idea of Tether was great, a cryptocurrency that is ‘backed’ by the dollar. Investors loved Tether as it was a safe haven for storing profits.

Investors believe in the USD tether because it is easy to withdraw and so far there have been no problems. In addition, almost all exchangers use USDT as the main pair which maintains transaction volume and liquidity
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
October 30, 2020, 06:48:48 PM
USDT is a good stable coin clearly the best stablecoin however I don't confide in it due to the centralized nature it has, which means anything can happen to users money and no inquiries will be posed since the group have each capacity to do as such, it happened hardly any weeks prior yet on an alternate stablecoin where the client's wallet was solidified. Likewise, in spite of the fact that I don't have any trust for USDT yet I won't consider it a scam coin, since I have not heard nor seen anybody saying he was scammed by USDT, so I would state that scam and trust are two distinct words and I realize the one to use with respect to USDT.
Activity: 1022
October 30, 2020, 03:58:39 PM
Firstly, "trust" is a big word in this industry. We can't trust all of the cryptocurrencies. We can observe, do a detailed research etc. about a cryptocurrency and then we try trusting it and investing in it and we see what is going to happen. When it comes to USDT, I have no problem with it now and it seems like it could be preferred when we want to use a stable coin.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 30, 2020, 01:13:46 PM
I do not believe that Tether USDT is a fraud, not least because if that happened it would ruin the cryptocurrency market since Tether is the cryptocurrency with the highest capitalization volume
Activity: 355
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
October 30, 2020, 12:56:56 PM
until now I still trust USDT, because its value is 1: 1 ratio with fiat currency which makes its value last and is very easy
to withdraw it to our wallets, and to keep our funds in the market so that it doesn't fall too much at the time decrease in the value of an altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: