Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use bitcoin as currency or investment? - page 20. (Read 74595 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Its an long term investment for me so I don't prefer to use it as a currency, but I do sell them when I am in  urgent need of money so I sell them and convert it to my local currency.

I would recommend you to also use it a as a currency it has a lot of benefits and you can control all your payment by yourself of course.
I use it as a investment but also as a currency.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Its an long term investment for me so I don't prefer to use it as a currency, but I do sell them when I am in  urgent need of money so I sell them and convert it to my local currency.

You are right about that, I must say that I'm now using as both to be honest because sometimes its easy to pay with he bitcoin for some situations only.
For the most part I use it as a investment but I still think the most people are doing this by the way.

I do use bitcoin as an investment and currency.  As a matter of fact I recently paid my bills thru BTC since  there  is a site that accept bitcoin to pay our bills.  I also convert it to fiat if the things i wanted to buy cannot be bought by bitcoin.  And when im at it, I also reserve 10 to 20 percent of my holdings for the possible price increase so i can cashout with more profit in due time.

Well spending them at the time of emergencies and holding rest of them for the future is the best way to treat your bitcoins, as only holding them doesn't make any sense, either spend it or try to grow them.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

You are right about that, I must say that I'm now using as both to be honest because sometimes its easy to pay with he bitcoin for some situations only.
For the most part I use it as a investment but I still think the most people are doing this by the way.

I do use bitcoin as an investment and currency.  As a matter of fact I recently paid my bills thru BTC since  there  is a site that accept bitcoin to pay our bills.  I also convert it to fiat if the things i wanted to buy cannot be bought by bitcoin.  And when im at it, I also reserve 10 to 20 percent of my holdings for the possible price increase so i can cashout with more profit in due time.
Activity: 840
Its an long term investment for me so I don't prefer to use it as a currency, but I do sell them when I am in  urgent need of money so I sell them and convert it to my local currency.
well yeah a lot of people treat it as a long term investment, they remember the last price growth to a new all time high and they are willing that something like that well happen once again

To be honest I also have some bitcoins in my wallet and I hold it in order to make some money in a longer run though I really doubt that the growth of the same size might happen once again in the future

In my opinion bitcoin should be used not only as an investment option but also as a currency that would give us a possibility to pay for our shopping fast and easy as it would surely be beneficial in the future when our life gets busier and busier

When the usage and acceptance of bitcoin will increase in future then people will surely start using it as a currency and our primary concern should be to spend to make it more stronger currency in future.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Its an long term investment for me so I don't prefer to use it as a currency, but I do sell them when I am in  urgent need of money so I sell them and convert it to my local currency.
well yeah a lot of people treat it as a long term investment, they remember the last price growth to a new all time high and they are willing that something like that well happen once again

To be honest I also have some bitcoins in my wallet and I hold it in order to make some money in a longer run though I really doubt that the growth of the same size might happen once again in the future

In my opinion bitcoin should be used not only as an investment option but also as a currency that would give us a possibility to pay for our shopping fast and easy as it would surely be beneficial in the future when our life gets busier and busier
Activity: 868

So still even you are not preferred to use it as a currency there are times you need to use it. Converting bitcoin to fiat can considered as using this currency as a currency.

I do also preferred to use this coin as an investment since I have no problem for my regular spendings as my daily job taking care of those.

Yeah our salary is taking care of our daily expenses which helps in saving our bitcoins for the future and bitcoin can be used for buying online stuffs which is better then using credit cards.
Activity: 244

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

So still even you are not preferred to use it as a currency there are times you need to use it. Converting bitcoin to fiat can considered as using this currency as a currency.

I do also preferred to use this coin as an investment since I have no problem for my regular spendings as my daily job taking care of those.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Bitcoin will remain as a way to hedge against the collapsing economic system in the first world, because we can buy everything we need with fiat already so it is cumbersome having to convert your money to btc to buy what you can already buy with fiat.

Bitcoin will explode in mainstream usage once governments remove physical cash in the next decade.
Activity: 924
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Im using bitcoin as both and mainly as investment cause i dont like to spend them by alot just by small portions for example if i see a shop where i can use it then i try to use it on small amounts just to encourage more shops to accept it. if they see nobody using it then nobody will accept it so sometimes we do have to use it for it to grow.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
Bitcoin my opinion is the place to invest. We can take advantage of the fluctuations of bitcoin so it would be ideal if used for investment. And it would make a profit. If I use bitcoin as a currency that is not possible because in my area there is no who accept bitcoin.

Yes really bitcoin is more appropriate when used to invest because by utilizing the fluctuation we can benefit. If used for currency bitcoin was not suitable because of unstable prices would be very detrimental.

It depends on the situation.

Using bitcoin as investment is really good since profits are really clear.

But using bitcoin also as a currency will make this currency more active in the market hence it will also make this crypto a strong and stable currency just like fiat currency.
Activity: 910
Bitcoin my opinion is the place to invest. We can take advantage of the fluctuations of bitcoin so it would be ideal if used for investment. And it would make a profit. If I use bitcoin as a currency that is not possible because in my area there is no who accept bitcoin.

Yes really bitcoin is more appropriate when used to invest because by utilizing the fluctuation we can benefit. If used for currency bitcoin was not suitable because of unstable prices would be very detrimental.

Majority of users are using it only as a investment and saving it for the future to make some good money, and most of them are spending only on gambling hoping to multiply them in a quick time.
Activity: 812

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

Yes we cannot spend it as a currency at a moment at physical place so its good to invest money in it and hold it till the price goes higher, and if at any point of time you are making good profits then you should sell them.
Activity: 896
Activity: 658
I will use Bitcoin as a currency, and i will not use Bitcoins for investment. I don't have trust on investment sites. So why should simply I take the risk. So I just collect coins from the signature campaign or any other source, and I will keep it in my wallet. Whenever I feel the price is high and if I need money for my personal use I will make it fiat currency, and I will use.
didn't you realize that by keeping your bitcoin in your wallet are automatically you have done invested? the investment doesn't mean you are about to send money to certain sites which promising you a certain ROI , you know about that right?or really youdidn't know about that?
but if you keep holding in the bitcoin and not going to exchange it when price rising,it's not a really investment the amount of bitcoin will still remain the same just the value changing although if the price just falling the bitcoin amount will remain the same too and the value is decreasing,so i can't call it a real investment

If people rush to sell their coins at the time when the price rise then it is harmful to the price and once again the price will fall down, so the people should not have to sell their coins when the price rise, but they have to use their bitcoins for what they want to spend. like buying with bitcoin.
I think it's up to the users themselves to use their bitcoin or sell it, I think every user has his own goals. each what they do in bitcoin. on my own I use bitcoin for both of them and there is no obstacle to using both. I particularly enjoyed the benefits of investment in bitcoin
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
For me i use bitcoin as currency as i have my daily commitments in life and i am fullfilling it through bitcoin by doing signature campaign, giving my skill work for bitcoin and getting free altcoins and trading with them. Like this their are lot of option to earn bitcoin online. 80% i use it by converting it to fiat currency and balance 20% i keep for future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
Before I used to use it as an investment, mainly in trading, but recently I mostly use it as a currency bor buying goods. And that is much more easier since I have Bitcoin debit card.  Smiley
the growing development of bitcoin, the more people using bitcoin. was reasonable because it's been a lot of people who are looking bitcoin. so the use bitcoin as a currency is not a stranger.
thats true, more and more people are getting into bitcoins right now and i think thats great because of this reason my investment grows fast

Yes and more users will lead to higher price of bitcoin in future so I think this is the best time to invest money in bitcoins to gain maximum benefits in future.
i agree with you that this is best time to invest money in bitcoin because bitcoin is really going to more increase its price too much faster day by day and there is a lot of people are using bitcoin as investment and i think it is the best way to earn big profit from bitcoin.
Im investing my bitcoins into my projects, they are delaying a bit but should be ready till end the year, one thing i had learned, you must risk if you wanna to get and reach some objective.
I use it both as currency and investment, most of the time exchanging my bitcoin into fiat before i spend it as currency and i have bitcoin that only store in my bitcoin wallet and never been used in spending.

Well me either I am using bitcoin as both. As currency because I am using it for buying anything I want online as long as the merchant is accepting bitcoins. And also as an investment because I am into trading and as well as I am also holding some of the amount of bitcoin and waiting for the price to increase and going to get good profit.
I think most of us are using bitcoin as currency and investment, but the end result will always be currency as we are going to cash out our bitcoin one we hit a profit, it is the best benefit in using bitcoin as it is also a currency where anytime we wanted to spend it we can because the blockchain is up 24/7 to cater transactions.

I agree both of it. Also the good thing is if you want to use bitcoin then it is free anytime 24/7. But we can withdraw it anytime and exchange it with our fiat. But for me im using it for now is for currency because im just starting on trading and iwant to learn more about it before im investing my money Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
For me Bitcoin right now is a combination of an investment and a currency.

I have been started to spend my coins more on certain digital goods as it's easy and convenient and in some cases even cheaper!
yeah I also use bitcoin as a currency or an investment because you are free to use for anything with bitcoin. so it's up to you want to use bitcoin for what. I myself use bitcoin to buy goods and often I use bitcoin to invest. there is many you can do with bitcoin not only currency and investment

Its good to use it for both purposes but as an user of bitcoin I think our primary concern should be to use it as an currency as it is an currency and it should be treated in same way.

I think majority of the community in here they use it for both purposes usage. It is because very profitable to apply it everyday in our daily routine in life. I do believe that time will come where Bitcoin will be necessity to anyone or spread out the world.
Pages:
Jump to: