Pages:
Author

Topic: Documenting my Horse Racing Bets - Started: 26-DEC-2018 - page 3. (Read 1021 times)

Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
Hey. Using Orbit Exchange I see. Very nice service, but just curious, is the platform slow for you?

I have only signed up like a month ago, I manage to trade offplay, but find it very difficult to trade inplay especially on the horse racing markets? Is it me or did you notice the same thing?

If you use a mobile device then using Orbit is terrible, but if you use your PC then it all works smooth as silk.
By the way these are incredibly risky. I know they are very long shots but there is a horse @ 1000 that won a few months ago. Yes, odds of one thousand before the race started > https://www.racingpost.com/news/in-running-carnage-as-125-1-shot-feel-glorious-stuns-goodwood/341070 Felt sorry for the layers here.

Personally I have never heard of Goodwood, but it's a good thing you brought this ... I tend to stay away from 100ish ones if these are young horses, this was a maiden race i.e. a race where none of the participating horses ever won before.

In Australia places like Port Lincoln and Sunshine Coast are quite solid when it comes to 100ish horses, but indeed, there are no guarantees anywhere, and the unthinkable could be thinkable for sure.
Activity: 322
Merit: 43
I have a question regarding BetinAsia, is it in your opinion better than Asian Connect to withdraw big money?

Lately I am reading stories about Asian Connect making it very difficult to withdraw (never-ending KYC procedure). Thanks for your reply.

BetInAsia allows you to withdraw large amounts (e.g. 4 digits) without any major problems. I have never been in a position to withdraw 5 digits or so, but I don't think it's a problem.

Yes, AsianConnect88 used to be a monopoly in this business, but not anymore - there is a reason why so many people look elsewhere because AsianConnect is subject to lots of scrutiny and regulation from the sites they work with simply because they have too many customers, so if you get "stuck" with them it could be for several days.

I think BetInAsia started a thread here in Bitcointalk but there isn't much discussion about it, I would send them a link on Skype to look at this thread, and if they wish to add anything - they can do so here.
To access to Orbit Exchange I contacted BetinAsia, and also Asian Connect, and the last one was Premium Tradings.
Premium Tradings gives me 4% commission, and Asian Connect 3% so I went for Asian Connect but since I have 3500 euros there I worry a bit (it is not a huge amount but they seem to be picky). I passed the KYC verification to withdraw 300 already but we'll see if I ask to withdraw more.

There is also betonFootball.com which provides Orbit Exchange but the commission is a ridiculous 6%    Roll Eyes What is your commission with BetinAsia? Forgot to ask them this.
I have a question regarding BetinAsia, is it in your opinion better than Asian Connect to withdraw big money?

Lately I am reading stories about Asian Connect making it very difficult to withdraw (never-ending KYC procedure). Thanks for your reply.

BetInAsia allows you to withdraw large amounts (e.g. 4 digits) without any major problems. I have never been in a position to withdraw 5 digits or so, but I don't think it's a problem.

Yes, AsianConnect88 used to be a monopoly in this business, but not anymore - there is a reason why so many people look elsewhere because AsianConnect is subject to lots of scrutiny and regulation from the sites they work with simply because they have too many customers, so if you get "stuck" with them it could be for several days.

I think BetInAsia started a thread here in Bitcointalk but there isn't much discussion about it, I would send them a link on Skype to look at this thread, and if they wish to add anything - they can do so here.
Bet #112:

Crackadawn had 1000 pre-race, managed to hit 40-50 in live odds !!!

I told you man, it will happen more often than you think. Last year I saw odds of 1000 win twice. Your strategy can win for a while, maybe 1 month, maybe 2 months, but you might eventually lost your whole bankroll on a bet. It is good that you withdrew 2000 of your profits already. Hope that you'll manage to double your bankroll after a few weeks.

I don't think there is any automatic strategy to make money on horse racing, and laying long odds certainly is not the miracle recipe (unless you know the horses very well and can manage to lay odds at 100 before they hit 500 or above before the start).
Activity: 924
Merit: 452
Check your coin privilege
I can understand how easy this might look for you, plus you already made about 50% of your initial balance back which is great.

My current account balance is €5,060.79, initial deposit was €4,008 and €2,000 was withdrawn already.
So €3,000 out of €4,000 is 75% of the initial balance (and not 50%).

Ah I only accounted for the 2k withdrew / 4k balance so that's nice, congrats man!

But it still took you around 100 bets, with so much money on the line, one small fluke/mistake could cost you your full balance. How can you be sure there isn't any horse manipulation some day and you end up losing all your balance for some mafia to make profit? Cheesy

This is not a low-risk investment, this is a high risk investment, because you can return your capital within a week or definitely within a month if you bet a lot ... nonetheless as you can see I took several precautions to minimize risk which is partial withdrawals (so if I lose the capital I won't lose 100% of it), and secondly I am actually looking right now to stop this - you have to stop at certain point because if you would blindly bet against 100-150 horses/dogs - you would eventually get burned ... it could happen after a long time, but imagine I would have broken even and withdraw my "Deposit" and then on the next few bets lose the lot.

So for me it's time to stop. I am now going to send an email to BetInAsia asking for a withdrawal.

I generally never bet on dogs/horses because I just have no idea about how it works, but it is interesting how much money gets tossed around. Pretty mature decision for you to withdraw the lot, a lot of people don't know when to stop. Hope it ends well for you and congrats again on the profits Smiley
Bet #112:

Crackadawn had 1000 pre-race, managed to hit 40-50 in live odds !!!
I can understand how easy this might look for you, plus you already made about 50% of your initial balance back which is great.

My current account balance is €5,060.79, initial deposit was €4,008 and €2,000 was withdrawn already.
So €3,000 out of €4,000 is 75% of the initial balance (and not 50%).

But it still took you around 100 bets, with so much money on the line, one small fluke/mistake could cost you your full balance. How can you be sure there isn't any horse manipulation some day and you end up losing all your balance for some mafia to make profit? Cheesy

This is not a low-risk investment, this is a high risk investment, because you can return your capital within a week or definitely within a month if you bet a lot ... nonetheless as you can see I took several precautions to minimize risk which is partial withdrawals (so if I lose the capital I won't lose 100% of it), and secondly I am actually looking right now to stop this - you have to stop at certain point because if you would blindly bet against 100-150 horses/dogs - you would eventually get burned ... it could happen after a long time, but imagine I would have broken even and withdraw my "Deposit" and then on the next few bets lose the lot.

So for me it's time to stop. I am now going to send an email to BetInAsia asking for a withdrawal.

Bet #112:

Do you ever reply to the other people posting on your thread?

As I mentioned (post #123) I am busy with several Australian bets, the last one is in 5 minutes in Sale, then I'd be happy to go through the messages here. Please post any questions you may have.
Apologies, I somehow missed your previous message. I will keep an eye on the thread then.

Best of luck with your picks today, but seeing these lay of high odds make me anxious for you  Wink
Bet #111:

As I mentioned (post #123) I am busy with several Australian bets, the last one is in 5 minutes in Sale, then I'd be happy to go through the messages here. Please post any questions you may have.

If yes, I have a question regarding BetinAsia, is it in your opinion better than Asian Connect to withdraw big money?

Bet #110:

Bet #109:

Bet #108:

Bet #107:

Bet #106:

Bet #105:

Bet #103:

By the way these are incredibly risky. I know they are very long shots but there is a horse @ 1000 that won a few months ago. Yes, odds of one thousand before the race started > https://www.racingpost.com/news/in-running-carnage-as-125-1-shot-feel-glorious-stuns-goodwood/341070 Felt sorry for the layers here.
Pages:
Jump to: