Pages:
Author

Topic: Does a side job/business improve your finanical stability ? - page 22. (Read 3290 times)

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447
Yes it does. To ensure that, one can do side gigs irl or on sites like fivver, participate in bounties here, start a blog or a YouTube channel, learn investing.

There are many ways but above are some off the top of my head.
Actually, right now there is a lot we can do to have a side job, but that depends on ourselves,
there are many platforms that we can use even though we still need to learn them,
what is clear is that achieving financial stability requires hard work and it would be nice to have more than one source of income.

Yep, income earning opportunities are very wide open at this time through the internet network, but indeed it will be difficult for people who do not have expertise and are not affected by the internet, therefore it is important for us to improve the abilities we have, to execute the opportunities that come our way. us either in the internet world or in the real world as additional income to stabilize our economy.
It is true that additional income outside of the main job can lighten our current economic burden.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
Yes it does. To ensure that, one can do side gigs irl or on sites like fivver, participate in bounties here, start a blog or a YouTube channel, learn investing.

Actually, right now there is a lot we can do to have a side job, but that depends on ourselves,
there are many platforms that we can use even though we still need to learn them,
what is clear is that achieving financial stability requires hard work and it would be nice to have more than one source of income.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
to deal with such a situation there is much that can be done, but not all of the things that are done are suitable for every group.
the first, you must have savings, savings when the economy is weak are needed, then the savings make a business or business that can be achieved using the money in the savings, for example selling food, or other things.
the most important thing is that money can continue to rotate every day with an ever-increasing amount, that may be enough to meet daily needs.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

And as far as I know there are really people who making good money using those platforms to make some good profits, those who are willing to explore and take chances.

Side jobs gives you additional profits which you can use as capital if you are planning to invest or to do
some business, your regular job will support your need and your side job or extra sidelines will finance
you on your next journey for financila freedom.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934

Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Not really owning a business but as you've said having multiple jobs.

You can be employed with several employers as a freelancer and work with all of them with the same skill that you've got. But to be on this type of situation will require you vast experienes and confidence that you can deliver what the clients are asking you.

For skilled people, specially those that have in demand skills, they're the most desirable in the gig marketplace as they're like the performance/output based jobs.
Surely, skilled people will always have their advantage since they can be well compensated if their employers become satisfied with their performance.
And the employers don't have to spend time and money for trainings because they already know what the job will be. So, it both saves them time and it'll be easy for the new hiree to get onboard by being skilled and experienced.

But I believe even if you got multiple sources of income, as long as you cannot manage your finances well, and you keep on spending on unnecessary items, you will never be stable financially and worst is you may even drown from a debt.
I cannot argue with that because I also believe that financial literacy depends on people. Even if you're the most and highest paid employee but you are financial illiterate, you're going to have hard time in managing your finances and will still end up being unstable.

And someone who doesn't earn that much but are good in budgeting, he'll be able to win against that someone who earns a lot but don't know how to budget.

Because the thing here and reality is that, if you're earning more, your lifestyle is also improving so you have to sustain that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Blackjack.fun

Time management is the key and if you dont want a life which is really having a main problem when it comes to financial then you should have done this.It might sounds easy but it is really hard to be done.
No one really likes on having that difficulty when it comes to money and this is why we are really that trying our best to do side jobs if needed or we are really having that kind of plan.
We do want a life which doesnt have any problems when it comes to money.It is really part of daily living or simply part of necessity for us to live and
survive on daily expenses that we are dealing on with.
so true. proficient in time management is the most basic thing to do if we want to have a side business and expect to earn extra income. Sometimes the main income can only be sufficient for our daily or monthly needs. And we find it difficult to be able to set aside money to save or to invest. And because of this, many are trying to get additional income from this type of side job. However, what needs to be considered in this case besides time management is that we must maintain our health and prefer to look for types of side jobs that can be done anywhere. some of my friends who are office workers, they have additional income from being content creators on YouTube. and what's unique is that he creates content from around his daily life in his office work and daily life. so that it does not interfere with the main job.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
We need to own a business if we want to keep becoming capable to pay bills and do other things. We can't rely on a single job to become financially capable, we need multiple jobs or our own business that we can build to become well responsible and business and financially sufficient. The world is becoming more difficult for people to leave and inflation is increasing everyday so we need to be prepared.
Not really owning a business but as you've said having multiple jobs.

You can be employed with several employers as a freelancer and work with all of them with the same skill that you've got. But to be on this type of situation will require you vast experienes and confidence that you can deliver what the clients are asking you.

For skilled people, specially those that have in demand skills, they're the most desirable in the gig marketplace as they're like the performance/output based jobs.
Surely, skilled people will always have their advantage since they can be well compensated if their employers become satisfied with their performance. But I believe even if you got multiple sources of income, as long as you cannot manage your finances well, and you keep on spending on unnecessary items, you will never be stable financially and worst is you may even drown from a debt.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 347

To make a living, we must work. In uncertain days like now facing the global economic downturn, a stable job with high income becomes a scarcity. A side job or business seems like more necessary than ever, which can minimize the risks of losing your current job, ending up pennyless. However, a side job/business also takes time and efforts and can never be attained whenever we need it. What did you do or will you do in order to ensure your finanical stability despite all unfavorable circumstances ?
Yes it is. Side jobs take also most of our time and efforts but the result would also be satisfying as you can be more financially stable and earn multi sources of income. However, if you only focus on your own job because you think that’s taking the most of your time, then think of it. No one would get financial stability and financial freedom if you remain an employee for the rest of your life. You need to venture on something new and go out from your comfort zone. That way, you will be surprised that the best jobs are not what you have right now, that’s why you have to grab the best of the best.
Time management is the key and if you dont want a life which is really having a main problem when it comes to financial then you should have done this.It might sounds easy but it is really hard to be done.
No one really likes on having that difficulty when it comes to money and this is why we are really that trying our best to do side jobs if needed or we are really having that kind of plan.
We do want a life which doesnt have any problems when it comes to money.It is really part of daily living or simply part of necessity for us to live and
survive on daily expenses that we are dealing on with.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

To make a living, we must work. In uncertain days like now facing the global economic downturn, a stable job with high income becomes a scarcity. A side job or business seems like more necessary than ever, which can minimize the risks of losing your current job, ending up pennyless. However, a side job/business also takes time and efforts and can never be attained whenever we need it. What did you do or will you do in order to ensure your finanical stability despite all unfavorable circumstances ?
Yes it is. Side jobs take also most of our time and efforts but the result would also be satisfying as you can be more financially stable and earn multi sources of income. However, if you only focus on your own job because you think that’s taking the most of your time, then think of it. No one would get financial stability and financial freedom if you remain an employee for the rest of your life. You need to venture on something new and go out from your comfort zone. That way, you will be surprised that the best jobs are not what you have right now, that’s why you have to grab the best of the best.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612

Side jobs will always be advantage for us because it creates additional income for us especially if we are also doing great aside from our main job. Though it may also get some of our free time, but I think once we see the results and become profitable, I think that reason alone gives us satisfaction. Although it would be hard in the beginning, but as long as we can manage our time and develop our skills into it, being financially stable in the long run will always be possible.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
I don't know why when you lose faith in your jobs, but just for that reason, you want to start your own business while you're not ready, it's definitely a wrong decision. Starting a small business is not difficult, but the problem is how to maintain and make a profit. Many people get bored working for others and decide to start a business, but most fail. Because to become a business owner, no matter how big or small, you need a lot of factors.
In general, doing business is not suitable for everyone and requires a certain temperament, so really having a job is a more reliable option for many. Also, let's not forget about the risks, including financial and property, that we have to take on ourselves. In the case of hired labor, the risks are not on you. Although, of course, in the case of a successful result, the income from your own business can be an order of magnitude higher than other options. Nevertheless, in most cases, Covid still strikes at traditional types of business and to a lesser extent contributes to the emergence of new types of business.
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
There's this one thing i will always like about side jobs, it gives you chance and every opportunity needed to engage doing other things in place, this does not place restrictions on you but rather help develop different areas of applicable potentials in life career, side job is meant to be an additional source of income to us which will serve an alternative and backups whenever there's little challenges in whatever thing we fo for a living, it also gives room to multitask oneself into doing diverse menial jobs as to serve source of an additional income.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
I good investment is more preferably than kill your back on two or three jobs. The chances of failing on both due to exhaustion is more than becoming an expert in one job and earn more as a professional. Train one thing, become a master of it and set your own price for your work and experience. That is more stability than balancing between two jobs.
Unfortunately not all type of jobs are like that. If you work in service industry for example, being the best ever waiter couldn't really bring you to a great level, you can't really become great at it and then start earning a lot. Sure, maybe you get a lot more tips than other people if you are lucky but that's about it, it is not enough at all.

I personally believe that having a second job that has a skill set that can scale to a high level is a lot more important. Most obvious and common example of this is coding, I am not saying learn how to code, but have a skill like that, which you could scale to millions of dollars if you are great, and even if you don't, at least earn enough to supplement your income.
Some people don't understand that we can do side job where we can earn more by using set of skills, but these set of skills are unique that should be invested, researched and committed. I have a part time job where I only spend 3 hours every day and my salary is more higher than the minimum wage earner in my country. I do not want to exchange my time for small salary because I have unique skill sets that can give me more opportunity. It is really good to find a side job that is really suitable for you, just make sure that you can still have time and financial freedom if you apply for your side job.

Even if you have a skills it is still difficult to find side jobs that is suitable to your skills as a lot of people right now is also looking into this. Thats good for you that you have that huge side job where as others are just small and some sort of just enough to buy their needs. But having skills really an advantage as you can apply on to your niche rather than you don't have any skills which is difficult . I also have side job right now and I wouldn't say big or small but it really helps me a lot in our daily needs.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
I good investment is more preferably than kill your back on two or three jobs. The chances of failing on both due to exhaustion is more than becoming an expert in one job and earn more as a professional. Train one thing, become a master of it and set your own price for your work and experience. That is more stability than balancing between two jobs.
Unfortunately not all type of jobs are like that. If you work in service industry for example, being the best ever waiter couldn't really bring you to a great level, you can't really become great at it and then start earning a lot. Sure, maybe you get a lot more tips than other people if you are lucky but that's about it, it is not enough at all.

I personally believe that having a second job that has a skill set that can scale to a high level is a lot more important. Most obvious and common example of this is coding, I am not saying learn how to code, but have a skill like that, which you could scale to millions of dollars if you are great, and even if you don't, at least earn enough to supplement your income.
Some people don't understand that we can do side job where we can earn more by using set of skills, but these set of skills are unique that should be invested, researched and committed. I have a part time job where I only spend 3 hours every day and my salary is more higher than the minimum wage earner in my country. I do not want to exchange my time for small salary because I have unique skill sets that can give me more opportunity. It is really good to find a side job that is really suitable for you, just make sure that you can still have time and financial freedom if you apply for your side job.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
This is a tough question since when the pandemic hits business and also your employment is in the verges to be ended. Having savings is the answer to those unfavourable circumstances because whether your business is booming your salary is big but when Covid hits when you lose your job you will not be getting money on it same with the business but if you have savings that will last you for few more years then for sure you are still stable but having a business are you can save a lot after all the efforts you've done and your business will start to self sustain since the profit on it is huge unlike in job that it takes few years to have a small increase.
That is correct -our lives have been affected by the COVID and I am still not being able to settle myself.
I don't search for jobs anymore because I have lost trust in jobs. I want to run my small business. .. and would never work for anyone else - that is for sure

I don't know why when you lose faith in your jobs, but just for that reason, you want to start your own business while you're not ready, it's definitely a wrong decision. Starting a small business is not difficult, but the problem is how to maintain and make a profit. Many people get bored working for others and decide to start a business, but most fail. Because to become a business owner, no matter how big or small, you need a lot of factors.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Side jobs are always an edge to make ends meet more possible and to gain financial stability, especially in the present economic situation wherein everyone is struggling with money. So we need not to focus only on a single job but learn to embrace more jobs as long as you can manage your time, and you have the capabilities and skills to work on it. While most of the people are facing financial struggles, some wise men too are embracing a lot of opportunities to earn and gain outside their main job. Its more on a matter of proper time management.

Learning to maximize both time and skills will create you a good perception in finding the right side job or extra income aside from your current day job.

If you are keen in learning and you are good at adjusting yourself, it will provide stability in terms of financial
aspects, if you have a good mindsets and you are keen to learn more and to achieve more, financial needs
can be covered and you will be able to have a better financial resources.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

As someone who lives in a third-world country where every penny counts, having a side job/business is considered both an opportunity and a privilege. As soon as you earn your own money on the sideline, you would realize the importance of money as you progress to your daily tasks.

I remember back in college, I was struggling to purchase my own books. I wanted to ask my father (single dad with 4 children) for money but I know that the priority was catered towards my younger siblings. Fortunately, I came across this forum due to my old friend recommending me to try it out.

Fast forward to five (5) years from now, I have joined various and multiple campaign signatures and definitely helped me financially in purchasing my own educational materials. I guess without the convenience of working online, I would not have a relatively easier time compared if I did not learn about this forum and the opportunities it introduced.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Skilled people will find a job more easily, and if their skill is in demand, they will find a well-paid job more easily. But in the end, there are always jobs, more or less paid, for those who want to work and improve. Those who do not want to work will only find excuses.

A side job can improve financial stability but it's exhausting. I combined two or more works when I was younger, but just when I needed more money for some of my plans. The last time when I needed some extra cash was 4-5 years ago... juggling between two jobs and a family (wife and one kid at that time) was physically and mentally difficult, it's a different experience when you simply can't get enough rest, and for sure you can't provide enough attention to your family.

A side job/business can improve financial stability, but it's not something that someone should do for a long time... it consumes a lot of time and energy, and if you overdo it your private life will suffer (your family (wife and especially kids) even more if you have them). I guess we all need some balance in life, it's hard to find it, but it's there.
Yeah, it also depends to the employer.

If the skilled person will be low balled and you're going to accept it then that's on you. But most likely the demand is with them and they're the easiest people that will certainly find a job.

That's why those that don't have a skill yet, it's time to improve your skills and learn something new so that you're going to be bankable and hireable.
Pages:
Jump to: