Pages:
Author

Topic: Does anyone have a cure for gaming addiction?! - page 5. (Read 3175 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Yeah, i've been there, it wasnt until i got bad grades to realize that mobas aren't good if you have compromises, I dont have a real cure but I can advice you to moderate your game.
Cutting yourself from the internet wont help neither downgrading your pc, moderation its the key to success in life and gaming, if you play mobas limitate yourself to 3 or 2 matches or if you play fifa 5 games per day, Im not sure about skyrim but stay away from WoW if you are studying.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%
There's no magical cure for a gaming addiction.  You just have to decide what is more important to you and learn to derive some excitement from your life rather than a fantasy world.  Just quit gaming.  Stop being a fucking dickhead and go to school - learn some real-life skills so you aren't a leech on your parents or worse, on society.
 I have a sure-fire cure.  Find a tough guy who is addicted to fighting, tell him that every time you play a game he can beat the shit out of you.  Just stop it; you're being a complete idiot throwing your life away on a fucking game.  If you can make the choice to play, you can also make the choice not to play.  Stop being a victim of yourself.
You are totally right. But you think I haven't tried that before? That tough guy was my father. Before I left home, my father used to beat the crap out of me, he wanted me to go to college and graduate, then do whatever with my life. Do you know what I've done? I was pretending to be asleep till he left for work, then I woke up and continue playing. And when he was taking me to college himself, I wasn't attending any lectures, I just stay for a little, then go home. And when things got worse, I left home.

The problem is not just gaming, it's also the college. I hate it. No one here goes to college by desire, all go by grades, and so did I. Although I was a very clever student (I even graduated from high school as the first), I was playing games in my exams' nights. But college... eh...

i got really addicted in DOTA from warcraft III. i play the game about 7 years ago. that is the first time i play it, 2010.
around 2013 and 2014, what in my mind is just that game. back from work, i play till midnight, then go sleep, go work, back home, play again.
when it come to weekend, i play around 30 hour without sleep and just having 1 meal. that is a really bad habit, i admit it in myself.

so what i was doing? the hardest part is the first month. i went to mall, to starbucks, to the beach, the club, anything else but home. i give my computer to my cousin for free (regret it now, that is a high spec computer). i learn to smoke, start my dating life, start meeting my friend, start to building professional college in office, and my life is better that way.

today, i can play the game, DOTA 2 in steam, but i'm not get addicted in that again. i can play once a day, or once a month. depend on my mood. my life is changing, i start to see the wonderfulness of the world and start having a family of my own.

that is my story of game addiction.

Thanks for sharing, mate. I really appreciate it. It's not easy to admit it. Just like any other addiction.

You need to find an interesting hobby in real life. Tennis, football, paintball, swimming, skating ... there are a lot of options. It is only necessary to overcome laziness for the first time, and then it will become a habit.
I have done that already, and it didn't work. I found no passion in these games (Football, Tennis, and Karate).
And that's my other problem that I can't overcome my addiction. I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Disorder).
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
You need to find an interesting hobby in real life. Tennis, football, paintball, swimming, skating ... there are a lot of options. It is only necessary to overcome laziness for the first time, and then it will become a habit.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Does anyone have a cure for gaming addiction?! Hmmm I think this need to control by ourself, nobody can control ourselves, only we can.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
Its up to you,you are the ones deciding for yourself all we can do is share our opinion.One of my opinion is that change the routine of your habit or try to remove that gambling in your life and replace it with another routine of yours.Wake up and get out of your own comfort zone explore more
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Yes i have a cure...play games to that extent that you yourself feel boredom of playing games

hahahahahahaha
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
i got really addicted in DOTA from warcraft III. i play the game about 7 years ago. that is the first time i play it, 2010.
around 2013 and 2014, what in my mind is just that game. back from work, i play till midnight, then go sleep, go work, back home, play again.
when it come to weekend, i play around 30 hour without sleep and just having 1 meal. that is a really bad habit, i admit it in myself.

so what i was doing? the hardest part is the first month. i went to mall, to starbucks, to the beach, the club, anything else but home. i give my computer to my cousin for free (regret it now, that is a high spec computer). i learn to smoke, start my dating life, start meeting my friend, start to building professional college in office, and my life is better that way.

today, i can play the game, DOTA 2 in steam, but i'm not get addicted in that again. i can play once a day, or once a month. depend on my mood. my life is changing, i start to see the wonderfulness of the world and start having a family of my own.

that is my story of game addiction.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
There's no magical cure for a gaming addiction.  You just have to decide what is more important to you and learn to derive some excitement from your life rather than a fantasy world.  Just quit gaming.  Stop being a fucking dickhead and go to school - learn some real-life skills so you aren't a leech on your parents or worse, on society.
 I have a sure-fire cure.  Find a tough guy who is addicted to fighting, tell him that every time you play a game he can beat the shit out of you.  Just stop it; you're being a complete idiot throwing your life away on a fucking game.  If you can make the choice to play, you can also make the choice not to play.  Stop being a victim of yourself.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%
As the title says, I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction. I cannot simply lift my hands off my mouse and keyboard. I even ignore some of my college's days and continue playing, and even when I am at college, I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home and continue my games. I stay awake for more than 3 days just playing.

I am looking for a cure because this is getting out of control. I won't graduate from college and have a life, if I keep acting like that. Skyrim or LoL won't help me in real life, lol.
Pages:
Jump to: