Pages:
Author

Topic: Does engaging with bitcoins put you at risk? - page 3. (Read 6798 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
September 21, 2019, 10:46:05 AM
All forms of investment involve a form of  risk, No risk No gain, Engaging in Bitcoin has a level of risk, but worth the risk, as it is not a bubble,ponzi scheme, that can colapse in a  flash, Bitcoin gives a high level of return  compare to all other form of investment.

The risk involved with Bitcoin is still within tolerable limits. But some of the users go one step further and invest their savings in ICOs. There can be no investment more riskier than this, given the fact that more than 95% of the ICOs end up as failures. For now, I am sticking with Bitcoins. None of the other cryptocurrencies seems to have a long-term future.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
September 21, 2019, 08:43:29 AM
All forms of investment involve a form of  risk, No risk No gain, Engaging in Bitcoin has a level of risk, but worth the risk, as it is not a bubble,ponzi scheme, that can colapse in a  flash, Bitcoin gives a high level of return  compare to all other form of investment.
Indeed, the concept of investment is so obvious, we put money into something when we analyze and feel it will be better in the future, and emotions are our emotions, analysis is our knowledge, whether this success will be confirmed or not, which we cannot know, a lot of outside factors can influence, and we can understand that investment is always risky, a bet in it. Bitcoin is also an investment with a lot of risk, even very risky when the government is not involved and does not set limits here, pumping and dumping is a daily dish but this is also an advantage for creating infinite income
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
September 21, 2019, 08:41:14 AM
Yes! Dealing with Bitcoin and all its related investment opportunity will put you in risk but I must tell you that the risk is worth taking since the benefit at the end of the day outweigh its consequences at the end of the day.

before we dive into the world of bitcoin. of course we also know that bitcoin is quite risky. so before we dive into the world of bitcoin, we certainly must be able to bear whatever risks will occur. so we have to be sure whatever risks we have to be optimistic about going forward.

There are risk everywhere, also in bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, if there are no risks then there will be also no success. This risks are the ones that makes us aware and honed our decision makings, so that we could avoid losses as much as possible, the thing here is, not all of the people are brave enough to engage on something if they knew there are risks, doubts are going to pop up on their head and will just give up.

But it doesn't mean that if you take the risk, you are going to have a great result all of the time, sometimes you might also experience some disappointments but it's okay, it the part of growing.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 21, 2019, 07:04:21 AM
Bitcoin is the best solution to change the economy individually and can change someone's life for the better, but all of that there are processes and risks faced and even losses that can be obtained.
all will be realized if you want to try and not give up easily for profit and learn from mistakes will produce good results, and the risk will be small if you go through the process and learn well and correctly how to invest or whatever it is.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
September 20, 2019, 05:40:14 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
September 19, 2019, 06:04:16 PM
We, as physically and intellectually healthy individuals, strive and survive to achieve our dreams, establish our roles in the society and fulfill our needs and wants. But in order to do this, we are also required to be financially healthy. The lingering fact is that money is not achievable as a single candy you can buy in the store. Sometimes, people risk their lives and reputation just to get a handful. Bitcoins are not officially a currency that you can just see in a certain country, that are being utilized and used. So, is dealing with bitcoins and other things related to it also puts us in a risky gamble?

Engaging with bitcoin need bravery because you are taking risk you don't know if you win or not. Many people got scammed and many people got a lot of profit. So in taking this risk which is engaging with bitcoin you need also to think not that twice by many times to fully evaluate if that site is good to earn bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
September 19, 2019, 05:13:54 PM
In my life, I always struggle to develop and succeed. In investing, there are still risks, and I accept the risk, Bitcoin has its risks, and I accept that. I invest in Bitcoin and Crypto because these are risky investments but bring big profits. When you become a venture capitalist, you should take risks and be willing to lose money at any time.
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 22
September 19, 2019, 05:00:57 PM
There are a number of risks you're taking when you buy bitcoin:

Privacy risk:

Being in a public bitcoin forum, or buying BTC on an exchange, inherently makes a lot of people aware you own bitcoin.

This can attract a lot of bad attention. You can get swatted, robbed, or kidnapped.

Volatility risk:

Holding a very volatile asset puts you at risk if you ever need to liquidate the money.

Even if you don't think you'll ever need to sell your bitcoin, unexpected IRL situations can lead you to be forced to do it.

If this coincides with a market downturn, you are at a significant risk of losing money.

Political risk:

If your government knows you own bitcoin (they probably do, unless you're extremely careful), and they decide to outlaw bitcoin, you can be at risk.

Even if bitcoin is unconfiscatable, the government can easily arrest you, or take your house/cars.

Hacking risk:

Even if you have a strong multisig solution for storing your bitcoin, you can get hacked by extremely complex supply chain attacks.

If you have a simpler key storage solution (e.g. single seed), chances are even higher this happens.

TL;DR: Being your own bank takes a lot of responsibility. Chances are none of the above are going to happen, but you are always at risk.

Activity: 315
Merit: 12
Yes! Dealing with Bitcoin and all its related investment opportunity will put you in risk but I must tell you that the risk is worth taking since the benefit at the end of the day outweigh its consequences at the end of the day.
I still remember a few months ago when bitcoin prices dropped, there were many opinions from economists who suggested selling bitcoin, because according to them bitcoin is like a bubble that can explode and become worthless.
Apparently what happened was the opposite, instead of being destroyed it turned out that the price of bitcoin actually rose high and now has exceeded USD 10,000. Observing what is happening is a risk caused by oneself that is easily panic, emotional and the analysis is not correct so they suffer losses.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
There will be some risks in everything so engaging with bitcoin also might bring some risks. I think it’s best to be aware of the risks and accept them wisely. After that it’s easy to make the best move to handle all kind of risks.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250

before we dive into the world of bitcoin. of course we also know that bitcoin is quite risky. so before we dive into the world of bitcoin, we certainly must be able to bear whatever risks will occur. so we have to be sure whatever risks we have to be optimistic about going forward.
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
Financially yes because bitcoin's price is very volatile. But when it comes to privacy or security I think it doesn't put me at risk. Bitcoin is not illegal in our country. In fact many merchants here accepts bitcoin and I use it to pay some of our monthly bills.
I think any business is at risk, including bitcoin trading. But the risk involved in trading bitcoin is proportional to the profits obtained when the price of bitcoin rises.
I still remember about 3 months ago the price of bitcoin in the range of USD 3,000 to USD 4,000, but today the price of bitcoin has reached USD9,794. This price increase certainly makes many investors who shout happily because they get big profits.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
i dont think engaging to bitcoin put me at some risk , i just enjoy my trip with bitcoin and evaluate whan happens on bitcoin time by time
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Financially yes because bitcoin's price is very volatile. But when it comes to privacy or security I think it doesn't put me at risk. Bitcoin is not illegal in our country. In fact many merchants here accepts bitcoin and I use it to pay some of our monthly bills.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Engaging in Bitcoin poses no risk unless an individual decides to use Bitcoin for illegal practices like terrorism funding, money laundering, drug trafficking etc or using bitcoin in a country in which it is banned. Bitcoin enhances financial transactions.

There is a risk even using it in legal purposes.

The risk not only circulates when you commit illegal transactions in Bitcoin when you invest in Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies, but the risk is also there since it is a  volatile investment. Committing crimes using Bitcoin is also a risk and I think that is the highest risk you can pose using crypto that is why people should be really careful and responsible for how they use their cryptos.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
Engaging in Bitcoin poses no risk unless an individual decides to use Bitcoin for illegal practices like terrorism funding, money laundering, drug trafficking etc or using bitcoin in a country in which it is banned. Bitcoin enhances financial transactions.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
No investment doesn't come with risk, mind you engaging with bitcoin doesn't put one at risk rather an individual puts him or herself in risk the moment such person misplace their private key or allow a third party malware virus on their device which is one of the reason why an hard wallet is required. To add to this, users must be careful whenever it comes to giving out their personal details to any crypto project. Risk is not only in bitcoin but in all sector that he involves investments.
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
Bitcoin is definitely a risk. But if you understand this market, you can earn a lot. And fulfill your dreams.

Each investment is a risk, and Bitcoin is risky definitely. Certainly, if you are a wise guy and do not rush selling BTC if you see it is falling, you will not lose. If you are a panic-stricken man, it is better not to start working with Bitcoin.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
You are at risk of losing, no other risk I am seeing since bitcoin is accepted in most countries, unless it's illegal in your country, you are in big risk.
Bitcoin is just a payment system to those who really don't want to invest on it, but since it's in the early development stage, it's just right to take advantage investing on it, however this is a risky investment, therefore always be smart by not risking everything you have.
I think that depends on the way you use it. when you use bitcoin for investment, of course it will be a risk, because prices are volatile. other than that, I feel that using bitcoin as a means of payment, or anything else won't risk you. this only happens if you see bitcoin as a tool to support the business you are about to do.
Pages:
Jump to: