Pages:
Author

Topic: Does not it bother anyone that BTC value increasing too fast? - page 2. (Read 7692 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

This is where you are disingenious. Tulips had no value. Pyramid schemes have no product or service.  This is the lowest form of argument against bitcoin. You will understand this one point one day ---> Bitcoin is a technology and technologies are more speculative and volatile because of their potential.

I'm sorry that the bitcoin "religion" - whatever that is, lol - leaves YOU butthurt. I'm sure Jeremy Allaire is really interested in this religion, lol.

Just be happy you bought at $70 and keep it as a hedge against your own lack of vision.

I'm very happy and I intended to put my Bitcoin profits into Ripple infrastructure.  You know...an actual potential solution to the entire problem, not just one little currency.  Oh, the sweet irony.   Wink  So please by all means...continue to inflate the bubble.  The war chest only grows larger.    Grin

Why don't you just go work for Ripple?

I mean, I have never seen a person such a fanboy of a corporation who also preaches financial freedom for the people.  If you are good coder, I'm sure they are hiring.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

From what I understand, there:s not as much speculation and ROI potential for Ripple due to the volume.

Yes, because speculation is what will fix our world monetary issues.   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
He who controls the miners, controls Bitcoin.
And who controls the routers, controls internet.
Access, yes, but cannot meddle with the information stored (assuming standard SSL encryption). You might rather say, he who controls the keys controls the information.
Assume nothing. The NSA doesn't.

EDIT: To answer the original question- yes. Yes it does. But then again, I love it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Fourth richest fictional character

From what I understand, there:s not as much speculation and ROI potential for Ripple due to the volume.

Weird, considering the large corporate backing it has. 

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

I'm very happy and I intended to put my Bitcoin profits into Ripple infrastructure.  You know...an actual potential solution to the entire problem, not just one little currency.  Oh, the sweet irony.   Wink  So please by all means...continue to inflate the bubble.  The war chest only grows larger.    Grin

I don't hear very many people saying good things about Ripple these days, make me wonder why.  Huh

Activity: 182
Fourth richest fictional character

I don't hear very many people saying good things about Ripple these days, make me wonder why.  Huh

This is where you are disingenious. Tulips had no value. Pyramid schemes have no product or service.  This is the lowest form of argument against bitcoin. You will understand this one point one day ---> Bitcoin is a technology and technologies are more speculative and volatile because of their potential.

I'm sorry that the bitcoin "religion" - whatever that is, lol - leaves YOU butthurt. I'm sure Jeremy Allaire is really interested in this religion, lol.

Just be happy you bought at $70 and keep it as a hedge against your own lack of vision.

Activity: 322
Access, yes, but cannot meddle with the information stored (assuming standard SSL encryption). You might rather say, he who controls the keys controls the information.
Activity: 322
And let's not even get started on the decentralization of Bitcoin, which anyone by now should be able to see is a farce.  It's totally centralized around the huge mining farms and the Bitcoin foundation.  He who controls the miners, controls Bitcoin.
Just wait, if BTC starts getting really used as a normal online currency to buy goods the gov will start putting regulations on who buys miners, i mean you wouldnt want terrorists to control 51% of the mining power, now would you?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

My main issue is not that you question bitcoin as a/the major world currency. Or that you question a deflationary currency.

My main issue is you seem to paint the subject of bitcions success or failure as black or white, a be all or be nothing. There are so many things bitcoin can be - a means of frictionless money transfer, a real store of wealth, a niche currency, a country's currency, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

So to just run around calling bitcoin nothing more than a speculative bubble is disingenious by you, imo. Especially if you read as much as you said you have.

I personally believe bitcoins can have a 100 billion dollar market cap and be a niche currency at best. That's not failure. That's not a bubble. That's a small part of a global financial system.

You sound to me like someone who had the opportunity to buy bitcoins cheap and did not. Now you complain about potential future bitcoin millionaires. That's not geniune, imo. Because you are justifying not owning bitcoins because of some idealistic belief that bitcoin isn't the answer to the worlds financial problems. You know, it probably isnt THE answer to the world's financial problems. But that doesn't mean it isn't going to carve out a nice little niche for itself in the world. (ie 100 billion market cap+)

First, it is black or white to me.  That may not jive with your thinking, but that doesn't make it wrong.  Simply put, Bitcoin can be a store of value and/or a transactional currency.  There's not much grey area there.  Second, it's not disingenuous for me to state as much.  It's called an opinion and for people who espouse "Freedom" there continues to be many who don't like anyone talking contradictory to Bitcoin "religion".  I'm not here for Bitcoin religion and I don't stay involved in the crypto space for such nonsense.  I'm here to solve our world monetary issues.  I don't honestly care if it's Bitcoin or something else.  The brand name means nothing to me.

I hold Bitcoin.  I had an opporutuinty to buy at around $70 right before the SatoshiDice sale, so again, more speculation from someone who obviously values speculation over facts.  Live in your delusions.  But IMO, this a bubble.  It is not due to increased spending of Bitcoins, it's pure speculative demand.  Now, maybe it will all smooth out when the hype is gone and people will begin spending over hoarding.  Maybe theoretical Austrian economic concepts will prove to be true.  But for now, it's just a simple gold rush.  Tulip manic and potentially, a soon to collapse pyramid. Everything economists have been saying would happen from the start.  And even if all that should work out perfectly, Bitcoin still fails to solve our REAL world monetary issues, as I've previously stated.  Now, those are MY opinions.  If that leaves you butthurt, "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." 

This is where you are disingenious. Tulips had no value. Pyramid schemes have no product or service.  This is the lowest form of argument against bitcoin. You will understand this one point one day ---> Bitcoin is a technology and technologies are more speculative and volatile because of their potential.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

But if they try to partition or censor the internet, it is simple to set up new routers to rejoin the partitions.
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

You know I agree that it is speculative demand and that it may crash a little but I don't agree that you can dismiss Bitcoin like that and say it doesn't solve any real world issues. The speculative demand is there *because* it solves real world problems and people see it is limited in quantity and now is the time to get into it.

It is still very hard to send money to a lot of countries and also to send money from a lot of countries. Bitcoin does solve that problem because it is not regulated or dependent on a slow moving central authority (private sector or otherwise) to approve it's use in these various untapped markets. It makes it impossible to impose capital controls. That is huge!

How are people going to use those Bitcoin?  They have to turn them into government fiat.  Which means banking system, which means the same problems as we've always had.  I'll say it again...just creating a currency "free" from government, does nothing to resolve the issue that have our global monetary system on the verge of collapse.  It just insures that there will be a few new rich people and a bunch of bag holders.  And let's not even get started on the decentralization of Bitcoin, which anyone by now should be able to see is a farce.  It's totally centralized around the huge mining farms and the Bitcoin foundation.  He who controls the miners, controls Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Bitcoin Market Capitalization is about the amount the government debt grew each day in 2009. So I would think Bitcoin is still REALLY undervalued. Probably more so than any other asset in the history of finance.
Rez
Activity: 132
The good news is that crashes generally happen when nobody is anticipating them.

I take reassurance in a sense of uneasiness.  Blind confidence is what's dangerous.

There will be rises and drops, and rises.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

First, it is black or white to me..

Live in your delusions.  But IMO, this a bubble.  It is not due to increased spending of Bitcoins, it's pure speculative demand.  Now, maybe it will all smooth out when the hype is gone and people will begin spending over hoarding.  Maybe theoretical Austrian economic concepts will prove to be true.  But for now, it's just a simple gold rush.  Tulip manic and potentially, a soon to collapse pyramid. Everything economists have been saying would happen from the start.  And even if all that should work out perfectly, Bitcoin still fails to solve our REAL world monetary issues, as I've previously stated.  Now, those are MY opinions.  If that leaves you butthurt, "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." 

You know I agree that it is speculative demand and that it may crash a little but I don't agree that you can dismiss Bitcoin like that and say it doesn't solve any real world issues. The speculative demand is there *because* it solves real world problems and people see it is limited in quantity and now is the time to get into it.

It is still very hard to send money to a lot of countries and also to send money from a lot of countries. Bitcoin does solve that problem because it is not regulated or dependent on a slow moving central authority (private sector or otherwise) to approve it's use in these various untapped markets. It makes it impossible to impose capital controls. That is huge!

My main issue is not that you question bitcoin as a/the major world currency. Or that you question a deflationary currency.

My main issue is you seem to paint the subject of bitcions success or failure as black or white, a be all or be nothing. There are so many things bitcoin can be - a means of frictionless money transfer, a real store of wealth, a niche currency, a country's currency, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

So to just run around calling bitcoin nothing more than a speculative bubble is disingenious by you, imo. Especially if you read as much as you said you have.

I personally believe bitcoins can have a 100 billion dollar market cap and be a niche currency at best. That's not failure. That's not a bubble. That's a small part of a global financial system.

You sound to me like someone who had the opportunity to buy bitcoins cheap and did not. Now you complain about potential future bitcoin millionaires. That's not geniune, imo. Because you are justifying not owning bitcoins because of some idealistic belief that bitcoin isn't the answer to the worlds financial problems. You know, it probably isnt THE answer to the world's financial problems. But that doesn't mean it isn't going to carve out a nice little niche for itself in the world. (ie 100 billion market cap+)

First, it is black or white to me.  That may not jive with your thinking, but that doesn't make it wrong.  Simply put, Bitcoin can be a store of value and/or a transactional currency.  There's not much grey area there.  Second, it's not disingenuous for me to state as much.  It's called an opinion and for people who espouse "Freedom" there continues to be many who don't like anyone talking contradictory to Bitcoin "religion".  I'm not here for Bitcoin religion and I don't stay involved in the crypto space for such nonsense.  I'm here to solve our world monetary issues.  I don't honestly care if it's Bitcoin or something else.  The brand name means nothing to me.

I hold Bitcoin.  I had an opporutuinty to buy at around $70 right before the SatoshiDice sale, so again, more speculation from someone who obviously values speculation over facts.  Live in your delusions.  But IMO, this a bubble.  It is not due to increased spending of Bitcoins, it's pure speculative demand.  Now, maybe it will all smooth out when the hype is gone and people will begin spending over hoarding.  Maybe theoretical Austrian economic concepts will prove to be true.  But for now, it's just a simple gold rush.  Tulip manic and potentially, a soon to collapse pyramid. Everything economists have been saying would happen from the start.  And even if all that should work out perfectly, Bitcoin still fails to solve our REAL world monetary issues, as I've previously stated.  Now, those are MY opinions.  If that leaves you butthurt, "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." 
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Many people will loose their thrust after that big fall.

There are actually a lot of people that expect a crash so they can rack in more cheap coins, so if crash there is, it won't last long and won't go that deep.

The only negative side effect I see in bitcoin raising is... The ridiculous price to get VIP status here.  Grin
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
What jumps high fast , drops down fast.
Timing is the question...
maz
Activity: 140
What bothers me more is that with every bubble comes people new to bitcoin who think they reinvented the wheel, such as OP who registered on October 28, 2013.

Having lived through the 2 prior "big bubbles," I say just enjoy it while it lasts. These are the happy times: everyone is making money and talking about million-dollar bitcoins and retirement and look like geniuses to all their uninitiated friends and colleagues.

The bad times come after the crash. Then you'll see these forums filled with people crying about Ponzi schemes, how Bitcoin is dead and Litecoin/Ripple/[insert]coin is the natural pretender to the cryptocurrency throne, how the US government/CIA/bankers conspired to destroy Bitcoin and finally won, and all the Bitcoin haters who tore their hair out for months then come back to declare victory.

I say "bad," but really I prefer those times. Much easier to buy more bitcoins and there's more focus on what I consider the more interesting bitcoin-related investments.

Nice and clear headed, how refreshing round here!
Pages:
Jump to: