Pages:
Author

Topic: Does ranking not guarantee post quality? - page 6. (Read 805 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
It's been a great day, I've read enough threads.
Reading and learning are never enough. Keep it up, please.

I saw quite a lot of senior/hero/legendary rank discussions
Discussions in this forum are for everyone, no restrictions on ranks. Exceptions are on a few boards like Serious Discussion, Ivory Tower, staff boards.

but if I'm honest, I found a lot of comments that have no value, they just write nonsense. Maybe I did too
Your post quality depends on what you write, not on your rank. A newbie with deep knowledge can write super quality posts, better than a Legendary member with a shit post. I have to mention that before the Merit system kick-off in January 2018, forum members could rank up easily (no merit requirement). Many old members with high ranks before appearance of merit system are shit posters.

Members with same earned merits can have difference in post quality. You can look at The future of Bitcointalk: Low Ranking Top Merit earners in the past 30 days and see differences in post quality of those low rank members.
Activity: 336
Merit: 343
Jolly? I think I've heard that name before. hmm
It's been a great day, I've read enough threads. I saw quite a lot of senior/hero/legendary rank discussions, but if I'm honest, I found a lot of comments that have no value, they just write nonsense. Maybe I did too

I realize that the quality of a post is based on the knowledge of the account owner. But stupid people are still needed to continue the discussion, if everyone is smart then there will be no more discussion. So both are needed.

I know for sure there will be a lot of comments that blaspheme me. I may be a newbie but I know that a post has value and a good argument. Maybe I haven't read all the threads, so I have to ask about my statement, that many high ranking members have low quality posts? talk nonsense and have no clear arguments. Is my statement correct?
Pages:
Jump to: