Pages:
Author

Topic: Does technical analysis work with crypto? - page 5. (Read 1446 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
November 29, 2018, 06:31:22 PM
I've been thinking about starting to learn how to read charts and do some technical analysis for myself. The problem is I see it ridiculed on pretty much every forum and people saying it's useless for crypto.

What are your thoughts? Worthwhile?

all predictioins methode is work in crypto,, wich mean technical and fundamental analysis my friend
but, all of us know if predictions will not always right, so, set your stop loss and profit taking price
and remember don't be greedy  Wink
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
Vave.com
November 29, 2018, 06:26:05 PM
I've been thinking about starting to learn how to read charts and do some technical analysis for myself. The problem is I see it ridiculed on pretty much every forum and people saying it's useless for crypto.

What graph do you analyze? did you make it yourself?
maybe your analysis technique is not correct so they think it's not specific to see the development of crypto.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 29, 2018, 06:25:22 PM
I think technical analysis works only when the market is stable. Often, during a strong movement in the cryptocurrency market, this analysis does not work.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
November 29, 2018, 06:22:45 PM
Absolutely not. There is no prediction of how things will go. Just good guess and the ones who follow the ticks of some charts are naive people. All the charts make all kind of prediction and then once thing happen they pull out the one that was saying that and will discard the others statements. Be intelligent, stop believing in them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 29, 2018, 06:17:02 PM
I think yes, we should need to analyse and consider all the possible things to happen, but this time its hard to analyse what would be next to market because most of the time the value of all coins are decreasing.
copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
November 29, 2018, 06:12:46 PM

Somehow, technical analysis worked for some aspects in the cryptosphere. If we are to use/interpret the chart in trading, we can see the trending whether it is ascending or descending then we can make a judgement call on what we have to do. But that is not always be the case on the cryptosphere as some of it is being manipulated by whales.
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
November 29, 2018, 05:54:10 PM

You need to get more experience first and learn how crypto works in order to read charts and do some technical analysis. Anyways, I think that analysis will not guarantee you 100% success in investment as many factors influence market nowadays. It is very hard to predict.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 29, 2018, 05:35:58 PM
technical analysis is good when the market condition is good or improving. I have watched a lot of technical analysis this year and have found them more unreliable than in previous years. It is better to stick with simple rule of investment and update it. Most of the technical analysis had been advice to take caution and everyone should do his diligence.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 29, 2018, 05:18:28 PM
I think it does. But you should not rely only on technical analysis. Techical plus fundamental analysis plus market and behavioural analysis. You should consider all of the above before making a decision. Even more so if you are considering investing in altcoins rather than BTC. This is my hobby for quite some time now. And I think that I found a good one. It is called BTCN and the time this coin took to become a part of coinmarketcap is fascinating. Plus, you should always go back to the basics. At the end of the day, each coin is a product build by developers and the effort that devs are taking into improving a certain coin is also a valuable fact that you should consider when making the decision. BTCN devs are constantly improving it plus they seem to focus on eliminating BTCs flaws and using its advantages into this new coins structure. So, it seems like a hard work because it is and that is why you need to invest a lot of time before start investing your money. No easy money here.
Activity: 644
November 29, 2018, 05:11:42 PM
Manipulators very often adjust their actions to technical analysis when they need it in order to make the majority of traders believe in the regular price movement. And when the majority are sitting in reliable positions, supported by technical analysis, collapses or raises the market in spite of.
Merit: 13
November 29, 2018, 05:04:05 PM

i think that it is not useless, there are some things that are for sure very usefull when trading- as support and resistance levels, this factor works .
Off course with some level of certainty, the long term predictions is completely different.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 29, 2018, 04:49:02 PM
I used to listen my intuition, of course I am doing my own reserches but I don't really trust to technical analysis. Maybe I am making a mistake?
That depends, are you making money consistently in the market of cryptocurrencies, if that is the case then you can keep following your intuitive method since you are getting profits with it but if that is not the case then it could be a time for a change and technical analysis can be what you are missing to make yourself successful in the market of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 224
November 29, 2018, 12:39:25 PM
I used to listen my intuition, of course I am doing my own reserches but I don't really trust to technical analysis. Maybe I am making a mistake?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 28, 2018, 12:58:22 PM
To begin with you need to understand the limits of technical analysis and those limits are exposed most of the time at the beginning of most books, you can only apply technical analysis to markets that have enough volume and liquidity, this means that only in the top coins technical analysis can be effective, in the rest of the coins you cannot apply technical analysis successfully.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
November 28, 2018, 11:43:07 AM
It works only on certain timeframes. The history of Bitcoin is quite small, which is why it is quite difficult to conduct analysis on large timeframes.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
November 28, 2018, 03:58:17 AM
Technical analysis also works in crypto currency, only if the daily volume of trading is several million dollars. When volumes are low, technical analysis is useless, choose coins with good volumes and trade.
Activity: 438
November 28, 2018, 03:58:03 AM
as soon as we can see a quiet in the market and not a rapid growth or a strong falling, then the market is perfectly amenable to technical analysis. so too many people earned from June till October
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
November 28, 2018, 03:37:17 AM

It can work sometimes but the problems arise when people start expecting it to start to work everytime. Sometimes you have to get lucky to make the kind of money that you want to from the market, so while technical analysis can help to prepare people for what they should expect to happen in the market, I don't think that it can help predict it everytime
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY
November 20, 2018, 03:01:20 AM
No, technical analysis does not work in the market, simply because too little capitalization in assets and easily manipulate the price. A more reliable way is just to follow the news and to place orders in advance with a small percentage of profit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
November 20, 2018, 02:58:45 AM
You can surely rely on the technical analysis if you still don't have any idea on the coin that you would want to invest. Better explore more about the project and if possible, make comparison of it in the similar project that has been successful already to know what is the best.
Pages:
Jump to: