Pages:
Author

Topic: Does technical analysis work with crypto? - page 9. (Read 1446 times)

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
February 12, 2018, 09:06:02 PM
Yes, TA work with cryptocurrency. However it has some limitation, mainly related to low cap (iliquid assets).
For liquid assets, you will find many useful line, such as 100 MA, 200 MA, etc.
But like any other market, TA alone cannot be used to make a decision
You still need guts, luck, intuition, etc.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
February 12, 2018, 09:04:12 PM
They can be a guidance for short term trading but you have to be a little skeptical because many times these analysis are wrong
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
February 12, 2018, 08:58:08 PM
I've been thinking about starting to learn how to read charts and do some technical analysis for myself. The problem is I see it ridiculed on pretty much every forum and people saying it's useless for crypto.

What are your thoughts? Worthwhile?

To be honest in the past I had the same idea that technical analysis do not work on crypto.
Now , I am slowly learning instruments that have some value and I have to say that there is value. In my view the bottom line is that all of this is just psychological movement as in stock market and other markets.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
February 12, 2018, 08:56:14 PM
I've been thinking about starting to learn how to read charts and do some technical analysis for myself. The problem is I see it ridiculed on pretty much every forum and people saying it's useless for crypto.

Its not absolute but it shouldn't be discarded entirely. I use TA myself for entries and exits but I sure don't daytrade, TA just isn't everything but it isn't nothing.

^^ THIS!! ^^

Instead of technical analysis though, you might do better with dollar-cost averaging. It's a bit riskier with cryptos than with stocks because the volatility is more pronounced in cryptos, but done for long-enough, you'll do better than most assuming the market remains profitable over time and you pick the right coins to get into
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
February 12, 2018, 08:53:59 PM

Its not absolute but it shouldn't be discarded entirely. I use TA myself for entries and exits but I sure don't daytrade, TA just isn't everything but it isn't nothing.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
February 12, 2018, 07:37:57 PM

It is a good part if you are going to learn how to read charts so you wil be going to have some information and knowledge on what coin is good and best for you. Also you will be going to have reference on what coin has attenuated and flactuated value this will help you on deciding on your short term and long term plan in investing. This will also help you on deciding when to sell or trade and also how long are you going to hold your coin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
February 12, 2018, 07:26:56 PM
Well, if you didn't know anything about it, then how you going to buy a coin?. Technical analysis is necessary to find a probability of the markets. There is no real proof that technical analysis is really useful, but one thing I know is many great traders definitely used it as a guide for their trade. so, indirectly the technical analysis become valid and legitimate.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 07:15:28 PM

Pages:
Jump to: