Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 188. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 250
Forza Italia
March 10, 2016, 07:11:30 PM
Offcourse it does. How else would be able to spend it or exchange it for goods.
Most of us want a high price so we can spend our bitcoins good. But remember if you've have spend it you need to buy it again and a low or high price won't matter.
Activity: 322
March 10, 2016, 06:59:38 PM
Price is very important for any currency, whether crypto-currency or fiat. The volatility of prices for any currency is what makes it matter most. When prices are low, people will tend to buy more with anticipation that it is going to rise so that they sell to make profit. This even happens with commodities and other money markets. Therefore price of bitcoin is equally important.

It matters a lot. In fact if there was no price, bitcoin wouldn't this big today. Merchants needs a value to accept and trade their good.
Consumers need to know the value to know their spending power.. etc.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
=> Buying Bitcoins Everyday !
March 10, 2016, 02:05:08 PM
Price is very important for any currency, whether crypto-currency or fiat. The volatility of prices for any currency is what makes it matter most. When prices are low, people will tend to buy more with anticipation that it is going to rise so that they sell to make profit. This even happens with commodities and other money markets. Therefore price of bitcoin is equally important.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 10, 2016, 01:37:07 PM
the only way that causing bitcoin price is not matter for us,when we all use bitcoin as payment and currency,not as investement. as long we use bitcoin as investement,bitcoin price will always matter for us.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
March 10, 2016, 10:25:14 AM
If you are collecting just bitcoin and growing you portfolio but the most of us will dump some coins as we see a good price in fiat.For me as i collecting from free the price doesnt matter as im getting the bitcoins to offer my lend service.But in the end it matters as i wanna to buy something and i convert it to fiat,but well currently as the most just waiting the halving to choose to sell or hold them .
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 10, 2016, 08:14:57 AM
Bitcoin price certainly matters a lot. Only by the prediction of the bitcoin price it is possible to plan something for the running month or later month considering it as an investment.
Activity: 312
LTC fan 4ever
March 10, 2016, 08:06:03 AM
Yes, the price of bitcoin really matters to me as I look at bitcoin as an investment, so if I invest my into it, I want that its price should be higher in future, so that I can make good profits.

For investors, they like the price of bitcoin go up day after day. For the users, it does not matter too much if they buy and use the bitcoin soon.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
March 01, 2016, 01:26:21 PM
There's no doubt that the price of Bitcoin matters, but in the long run I think it's stability will be the true deciding factor in just how big we go.  With the price swings that we experience currently, the majority of serious investors wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Most big investors remember BTC from what they heard in the news, going from $1,000+ to under 300 easily.  Until we can break that reputation and show that we're a stable store of value, average investors and people are going to see the negatives much outweigh the positives of using crypto and use will stay mostly limited to people in the community.
Activity: 182
March 01, 2016, 12:20:52 PM
Of course it matters for me, but more in the long term. I don't care if the price goes down sometimes, if
the longtime trend is going upwards, so the value of my investment increases over time.

Well duh offcourse it matters. Remember that most of us use it for purchases.
To make a purchase the trade needs a value. So the value of bitcoin is very important in terms of it's usability.

If you want to use it for certain purpose, for example to subscribe to a website, then the bitcoin price does not matter. You buy the bitcoin and use it immediately.
Of course it matter. But you never know what can happen with the value. But if it has a value it is worth. And that is good.
You can earn money with it so that is quite good. The price is really important to make an investment or just sell it.

Yeah the price of bitcoin really matters for us, as if the price is higher then we can earn some good money, and if price falls down, we hold our coins and wait for the price hike.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 01, 2016, 11:37:23 AM
if course the price matters, its also that people need the price to believe in the bitcoin again if the bitcoin do not  has a price many people will not invest in the bitcoin I'm sure of that.
I think the price is very important for the people, because they want to know how much the bitcoin is worth and so you can see if the future is good.
yeah because all commodities have varying prices. this is why bitcoin specials. because bitcoin has a high price
Activity: 336
March 01, 2016, 10:07:34 AM
Of course it matters for me, but more in the long term. I don't care if the price goes down sometimes, if
the longtime trend is going upwards, so the value of my investment increases over time.

To make a purchase the trade needs a value. So the value of bitcoin is very important in terms of it's usability.

If you want to use it for certain purpose, for example to subscribe to a website, then the bitcoin price does not matter. You buy the bitcoin and use it immediately.
Of course it matter. But you never know what can happen with the value. But if it has a value it is worth. And that is good.
You can earn money with it so that is quite good. The price is really important to make an investment or just sell it.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 01, 2016, 07:31:45 AM

I think the price is very important for the people, because they want to know how much the bitcoin is worth and so you can see if the future is good.

Quite disagree. As long as they getting profits out of bitcoin, some of bitcoin users are disregarding the real potential of bitcoin including the technology that revolves around bitcoin. They will just found that later.

But it's fine. They are helping bitcoin ecosystem in other way.
Activity: 364
March 01, 2016, 06:14:10 AM
if course the price matters, its also that people need the price to believe in the bitcoin again if the bitcoin do not  has a price many people will not invest in the bitcoin I'm sure of that.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 01, 2016, 06:04:57 AM
Well yes it does matter. If it goes down below 1 cent, then Bitcoin will be dead and no one will be using it.

Even with 1 cent value, as long as it fluctuates rapidly. Volume day traders will still get a profit from it. Cheesy

If bitcoin will reached even a single digit value in USD per coin in the future, bitcoin is dead and I think all developers will quit. Traders won't continue to do bitcoin trades as it will take again more years to lift it up to 3 digit value.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
March 01, 2016, 05:48:14 AM

Activity: 420
February 27, 2016, 01:35:15 PM

Activity: 334
February 27, 2016, 01:00:16 PM
Activity: 140
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 27, 2016, 11:01:19 AM
Well yes it does matter. If it goes down below 1 cent, then Bitcoin will be dead and no one will be using it.

Even with 1 cent value, as long as it fluctuates rapidly. Volume day traders will still get a profit from it. Cheesy
Activity: 196
February 27, 2016, 07:26:34 AM

Yes, bitcoin is popular only because of the price fluctuation and if the price falls to zero no one would care about bitcoin, so until it holds certain price it will be alive or it will dead.
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
February 27, 2016, 06:46:14 AM
Jump to: