Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 10. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Advanced countries might try to go cashless but it will take more years before they can fully implement it. There must be a hundred percent availability for the technology that will be use for implementing cashless transaction in the whole country to make it succeed. But cash might still be existing in the majority part of the world because people will not easily accept this kind of cashless transaction.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
It would be very difficult to eliminate the cash money because payments everywhere still require cash. But I do not know if in the future the cash is still in use or not because maybe people will change the way of transactions because in the future people prefer the instant I guess.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
People want to make future closer and exitnct cash for it? Who will win after? At my opinion nothing gonna change but governments will waste their time and money.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Chances of cash going extinct soon are very low. There are still under developed countries where technology hasn't been advanced yet and has no idea how the internet and modern networking works
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Perhaps it has a huge impact on other countries if they proved a massive change with regards to its uses and convenience to the human race, Then the show must go on and I think neighboring countries will also follow the footsteps of Sweden,
No cash cannot become extinct at any cost.Cash is used by all people of the world.Cash is used all over the world and is internationally accepted.Cash will be hard to replace because cash has established itself from the traditional time period.Cryptocurrencies are also not stable and are also decentralised.They are are not backed by any central banks.The central banks do everything to maintain the integrity and power of the cash.It will be very difficult to remove cash from the society.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
maybe cash will decrease, because now there are many people who use digital currency that is very practical to use anywhere and just use the card cart or the other. and do not forget the paper money is also important and I think more countries will not follow if that happens.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Perhaps it has a huge impact on other countries if they proved a massive change with regards to its uses and convenience to the human race, Then the show must go on and I think neighboring countries will also follow the footsteps of Sweden,
Activity: 140
The big problem in it - is on the places that not even educated and don't really knows how to access bitcoin, or don't have internet connection
That s true, there are just so many countries right now that does not know what digital currency is and they don't even have access to the internet. Cash will be here until all the people in the world would agree that we will use digital currency and i think it would take a lot of time to do so.
Activity: 196
using of cash can't go into extinct many country still don't accept bitcoin due to so many disadvantage and some country that accept can give up on cash.... i don't think cash can go into extinct
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
I believe yes. Because as we can see virtual money is even greater when it comes of making transactions and safe compare with cash.
Activity: 26
I think cash will remain in one form or another. Maybe not in all countries but nevertheless. Not everyone can afford cards and smartphones with chips.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
I don't think cash will ever disappear...Fiat not to replace people for centuries accustomed to Fiat money and switch all over to the crypt...not in this decade for sure.
Activity: 350
I fully support Sweden in this direction, every developed state should strive and go in this direction. The disappearance of fiat money is only a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
This day will come, but I think way later than 2023. Yet humanity has used fiat money for too long to give them up so easily and quickly.
Activity: 394
to eliminate the banknotes in my opinion is not as easy as what we think and certainly a lot of the seventh and no longer certainly a lot of negative seems unlikely.
Activity: 70
I think that cash will never disappear, it is possible in some big advanced megalopolises, but far to everywhere because paper money is an integral part of human life.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
This is a very interesting piece. Things are going digital faster than we can imagine, the cash system has lots of weaknesses so at a point in human development i am confident it would become extinct first from the developed countries and later to the much less developed, but certainly this may take decades to happen if not centuries.
There is no digital currency will currently be used in the future and bitcoin is still not acceptable for future use. Bitcoin is still a world-wide conversation many of the world's countries do not accept bitcoin because it has many dissavantages. And also I think Cash will be hard to replace because it has long been our part. Need a long adaptation again if cash is not used anymore let alone people still many who do not understand how to use a gadget and internet.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
This is a very interesting piece. Things are going digital faster than we can imagine, the cash system has lots of weaknesses so at a point in human development i am confident it would become extinct first from the developed countries and later to the much less developed, but certainly this may take decades to happen if not centuries.
Activity: 286

Honestly.. I personally do not think at all that cash will be extinct later (including in the year 2023), less likely I guess if indeed all countries will actually stop to using cash. I think this will not be happened, and cash will never be extinct forever.
Activity: 126
Think that I am not present, cash will be forever and will survive because direct transactions which use cash will never be left until, besides, money won't need Internet access that it could last eternally.
Pages:
Jump to: