Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 6. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
Crypto currency is the starter! All nations will soon to become a cashless society. Fiat will become a in digital format.  There are some heresays that there will be a one nation,  one currency. Nations will be ruled by a one powerful person.  Must be Illuminati or the anti christ.

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
That article is just a prediction of the future even einstein cannot predict what will truly happen in the future and sure like this it. The cashless society can't be done because all of the people until now are still using cash in their everyday life.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 254
I honestly think that cash won't be extinct, because we cannot predict that cash will not be valued in the future, and I think that cash will still be useful in the future, especially for those countries that banned bitcoin and cryptos, because of this I think that cash will not be extinct since some countries are not allowing the use of bitcoin and demands to only use their currency.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
Crypto Marketer For Whales
That's really possible. It's easier to maintain servers than print money. That's where we are heading though. Whether we like it or not, our economy will grow faster.
Activity: 364
Digital money in growing as we can see the high price of bitcoin now. By looking at this we can say that digital money has a very great future but we cannot say that it will totally replace digital money in coming future. and I think more countries will not follow if that happens.
Activity: 280
I believe this is a speculation and noting more because to do so they need to be equipped with speacial technologies to be able to accept the transactions and regulate them.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
I think it is possible for the cash to be extinct if the bitcoin becomes acknowledged and regulated by the government and if all people will be considered of having internet access everwhere it can likely happen but noy in the next 5 to 10 years. That is only my opinion.

No, cash will not vanish. I am sure the cryptocurrency will be used but fiat will be used as well. People will deal with traditional money and with virtual.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I don't think that idea will be applicable in all countries in the world because there are so many aspects need to consider before a particular nation approved that idea like for example in the third world country , how about those people who are unable to provide a gadget or technology to use for exchange . So i don't really think that cash is possible to extinct.

If this is really true, then they would be the first country to do so. But in my opinion, I dont think it is a good idea to phase out the paper money, because of course, not all people can have enough knowledge about technology, for example, the beggars. And it would also affects the economy of the country. And if the country wants to do it, it would take years to fully implement this.
Activity: 390

cash will still be used although replaced with mobile payment because people still prefer cash because of the ease of using it and also in some countries the speed of the internet is still very slow it makes the transaction takes more time
Activity: 146
I think cash or paper money will never be extinct or impossible. That's because not everyone in the world knows the digital currency and they do not know what it is and how it works. For developed countries it would be easier to switch to society without cash or paper money because remembering that they already have technological progress and hardly everyone is already involved in the digital world. any type of currency whether digital or cash is very influential on the economy of a country
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto

There is a huge chance for cash to be extinct in the future because cryptocurrency is continuously growing in the market and because of that, some of the companies are worrying if they can keep up their business in the future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2

I don't think that idea will be applicable in all countries in the world because there are so many aspects need to consider before a particular nation approved that idea like for example in the third world country , how about those people who are unable to provide a gadget or technology to use for exchange . So i don't really think that cash is possible to extinct.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Along with the increasing use of virtual money and cryptocurrencies then this certainly brings a big impact that can make cash will be extinct, of course people will not carry cash as long as the digital currency can transact because more secure, practical and certainly faster.
Activity: 154
Digital money and electronic payments continue to grow, and cash's position in the financial system is gradually shaken.

Cashless society brings the convenience, but how to create a richer inclusive of payment system, maintaining the fair competition environment, be afraid is practitioners and regulators, and even the whole society should be considered.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
cash will not be used again in a few years, all countries apply cash less. the cost of making huge cash money, and no longer economical just to waste money, especially vulnerable will be in imitation of counterfeit money, transaction technology has changed a lot from a few centuries ago ranging from barter, gold as a medium of exchange and cash, now is the time electronic money, whether it's a transaction using barcodes or using bitcoins, we'll see
Activity: 142
Merit: 6
https://coinspot.me

It could happen. Not only with cards, but can also use your smartphone or fingerprint. I've seen the Altered Carbon movie series. In the film, it was shown that everyone was doing paperless transactions. Only use fingerprint and balance will decrease.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
Going cashless is possible but will take time. Cashless wouldn't happen in the next ten or 20 years because most of the people still don't know how to access the internet whereas others struggle to get better access. Until all these are solved, Fiat will continue to have a place in our societies.
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
The Next Evolution In Transaction Technology

Their are many banking and government groups who have planned and talked about the subject: "the cashless society".

A purely cashless society can be dangerous and a tool for political persecution.  I would not be surprised to see other governments declare similar intentions.

Cryptocurrencies are a move in that direction but are not centralized by government control and potentially a competing system.  No matter how much governments want to stamp out cash as an instrument of bartering, their will always be black markets in economics.  That's why it's called the "invisible" hand.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
Now everybody wants convenience when it comes to handling money.People will like to have their monies in their digital wallet to having cash which sometimes has inconvenience. Cash will be extinct but that will not happen now .Surely we shall live in the cashless society one day.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I think it will not happen, why?
because, Eliminating fiat paper will have a measurable negative effect on the economy. Paper money is a more efficient form of transactions than electronic payment.
paper money is also important and I think more countries will not follow if that happens.
That is a fact that it is not going to happen because bitcoin is in its very early phase and still in very few places bitcoin is getting exercise, i think that it will still take a lot of time to become popular so much that all the people of the world start using bitcoin. In fact in most of the underdeveloped countries people do not have proper education, they do not know how to use internet therefore i think that still it will take a lot of time that when all the people of the world will become able to use bitcoin for their different activities.
Pages:
Jump to: