Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 58. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 102
October 30, 2017, 07:06:47 AM
I might get happen that cash might get extinct but for that government and people should start using e-wallets and it will take time to reache to every person. If crypto currency get legalised in all countries then yes this process will even take less time.
Absolutely, it has much solid chances to implement. Cashless society have many problems too but the profits are somehow more. But the reason it doesn’t seem like possible, bitcoin is not much famous now in every community. Only educated community that is oriented towards technology knows mostly about it. Others are just illiterate of it. Hopes for the best in future.
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
October 29, 2017, 07:23:11 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?
Honestly.. I personally do not think at all that cash will be extinct later (including in the year 2023), less likely I guess if indeed all countries will actually stop to using cash. I think this will not be happened, and cash will never be extinct forever.
Right. Cash is still important even cryptocurrency exist and acceptable in the country because you cannot buy foods and in small enterprises using the digital currency. You still have to convert it into a fiat for easy payment. You cannot budget your money not like the cash because digital money has no fix value and have pump and dump time to time. I do not see a country not handing a cash on their hands.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
October 29, 2017, 06:59:52 PM
There is a chance that cash will be extinct in the future, With the technology we have now and those digital assets that has been developed.
This might happen in the future. There will always be someone to innovate how cashless world will be done using any digital assets that has the capability of doing so.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 03:06:10 PM
maybe yes. The world is developing and people require something that they can trust. Cash can be fake cause of illegal people who have capable to copy exactly how cash looks like. Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency, on the other hands, are not controlled by anyone and every transaction is showed on the blockchain. Therefore, there is no way people can create fake bitcoin or the cryptocurrency
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 29, 2017, 02:57:44 PM
Fiat will be around for a longgg time. It takes decades at least to faze it out. And old people are still used to it.
Old people are slowly disappearing though. But yeah, it will probably take a while. I'm wondering which countries will be the first to get rid of fiat though. Developed countries seem like they are in the best position to move towards electronic cash systems. But at the same time, undeveloped countries could benefit from just going digital straight away, instead of investing heavily in physical cash creation and security features.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
🌟ATLANT ICO ENDING SOON🌟
October 29, 2017, 02:25:01 PM
Fiat will be around for a longgg time. It takes decades at least to faze it out. And old people are still used to it.
Activity: 310
Merit: 114
October 29, 2017, 02:00:01 PM
Nope i dont think fiat will be extinct in the rise of bitcoin because we still need paper cash just to pay our bills and need. If the whole world and banks or establishment is adapting well in bitcoin maybe cash will be useless.
Activity: 174
October 29, 2017, 01:50:29 PM
for some countries , cash is the identity for the country , so I think there is no cash to be extinct.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 29, 2017, 12:50:27 PM
The idea of cash to be extinct is an understatement. Cash will certainly not go extinct.
It is the sole reason why we are working, investing, earning and saving in the first place.

It's why we invest and pour resources in bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies out there.
Not everyone in the world has a bitcoin wallet, nor access to it. Although cryptocurrency
will undoubtedly compete with cash. Cash is genuinely comprehensive and omnipresent.

Cash = paper money and coins. There is no good reason to keep those around if we can find a more efficient and intuitive way of trading. And Bitcoin isn't the only contender for this position.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
October 29, 2017, 12:48:54 PM
The idea of cash to be extinct is an understatement. Cash will certainly not go extinct.
It is the sole reason why we are working, investing, earning and saving in the first place.

It's why we invest and pour resources in bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies out there.
Not everyone in the world has a bitcoin wallet, nor access to it. Although cryptocurrency
will undoubtedly compete with cash. Cash is genuinely comprehensive and omnipresent.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
October 29, 2017, 12:24:15 PM
Not that way, fiat currency is still valuable all the time. Although crypto currencies especially bitcoin are crashing fiat but isn't enough to wipe out physical money. Having both currencies are just a good idea, in which we have an options what we gonna used in a certain transaction. Because having fiat money into nothing is quite impossible to happen, as it's still valued by other people as of now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
October 29, 2017, 11:51:31 AM
Fiat will never be extinct because it is one if the most important thing on earth. We always use cash in our daily transaction and we can use it anytime anywhere. So cash cannot be replace by any cryptocurrency.

For the current technological platform, fiat must exist. However, in the future, as technology grows to a new height, I believe fiat can be replaced by a smart currency, which may be digital currency.
of course fiat will continue to survive because every country will certainly defend each of their own local currency, time will change everything that is ancient to be very sophisticated as well as cash money, I am sure fiat will have digital currency or smart currency to replace cash money which is increasingly ancient and no longer in accordance with the needs of the times

From the developed countries perspective it is possible to make such decision only when they have foolproof scenario of providing internet or some other mechanism which will make sure that digital payments transactions will remain working seamlessly. In majority of countries it is almost the case. They have majority of area have under internet coverage. Biggest problem with this situation is whenever outage is there it will be the last thing anyone wish for. Imagine a scenario where digital payment is stopped working for him or her and person is in dire need of buying medicines. This kind of situation is not observed with cash. Either you have it or not. If you have it anyone and everyone accepts it without any problem.
This kind of problem gets escalated in poor or underdeveloped countries where lack of infrastructure and various taxes on using digital payment will demoralize people from using digital payment.
Activity: 266
October 29, 2017, 11:41:27 AM
This includes longterm plans and certainly has a global impact. Modern world makes every individual to really have a practical thing that can support mobility. Yes, cashless communities in big cities are numerous. Thus, paper money decades forward will be unique.
Activity: 392
October 29, 2017, 11:35:20 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It's a good move tbh, makes our life become more easier. I think other big countries like USA, Japan and Korea will follow Sweden but to not stop using cash, cash still can be used but not the priority. Actually It's really hard to apply this to development country.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
October 29, 2017, 11:19:08 AM
I'm sure that it will take long to get to that point of extinction. Government will not allow to just throw their local fiat/cash and embrace digital currency. People are used to cash as their method of payment in transactions. Also it would be hard for shop and market to regulate their supply of bitcoin or any other altcoin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 29, 2017, 09:53:38 AM
Yes. Sweden has already begun the process of going cashless and others will follow. It is too archaic. Digital currencies will come about and Bitcoin will be the best form of sound money so it'll be the world's reserve currency.

I agree. Though even if we have countries here going full digital, it can't happen all over the world. Cash can't be extinct. The effects would be heavy not for rich cointries like switzerland but for third world countries who will have a hard time supporting the requirements for full digital
Activity: 379
Merit: 251
October 29, 2017, 09:48:47 AM
Yes. Sweden has already begun the process of going cashless and others will follow. It is too archaic. Digital currencies will come about and Bitcoin will be the best form of sound money so it'll be the world's reserve currency.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
October 29, 2017, 09:24:22 AM
Fiat will never be extinct because it is one if the most important thing on earth. We always use cash in our daily transaction and we can use it anytime anywhere. So cash cannot be replace by any cryptocurrency.

For the current technological platform, fiat must exist. However, in the future, as technology grows to a new height, I believe fiat can be replaced by a smart currency, which may be digital currency.
of course fiat will continue to survive because every country will certainly defend each of their own local currency, time will change everything that is ancient to be very sophisticated as well as cash money, I am sure fiat will have digital currency or smart currency to replace cash money which is increasingly ancient and no longer in accordance with the needs of the times
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
October 29, 2017, 03:20:26 AM
Honestly.. I personally do not think at all that cash will be extinct later (including in the year 2023), less likely I guess if indeed all countries will actually stop to using cash. I think this will not be happened, and cash will never be extinct forever.
Activity: 704
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 03:17:10 AM
I think this plan that they have will not fully extinct cash especially when all the other countries are still active in using each countries currency. This plan must be just minimizing of using or involving of cash in daily transactions. Maybe this is one of theie ways in minimizing cash related crimes and go with some technology which the millenial time offers.
Exactly, it will only be minimized and not that much even. If you go to some countries where you hardly see few elites than the normal masses, it would be a challenge as just only few will definitely take on using the digital age of transactions. The two will always go hand in hand until probably there will not be any need anymore as some generation gets wiped out but that would take some time.
In my opinion it is not possible in the near deacades also.It is infact not possible that every person in the world can become so much literate and learned and have the knowledge about computer and internet. Even if they acquire knowledge about computer and internet, they will not agree on the fact that they will have to give up using cash or fiat money because cryptocurrencies are not even legalised in many nations and there are many cases of fraud too.Fiat money is used in day to day transactions.Even the international transactions are done through cash.Common man or villagers only have cash in their hand.Cash is more reliable and safer rather than cryptocurrencies.I think there is still a lot of time for cryptocurrencies to compete with cash.They can come equal to cash but cannot overtake it.
Pages:
Jump to: