Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 63. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 734
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 07:31:19 PM
If this happen all people should know the basic of computer.It takes many more years to do that,maybe if that would be successful it would be the basis of other countries to follow that system.Well gudluck for them.
It doesn't take many years to do that. Toddlers are literally growing up with super computers (smartphones) in their hands these days.
We have to wait for some more time in order to see what will happen. At present, there is absolutely no doubt in this thing that bitcoin and all other crypto currencies are getting more fame with each passing day. But you can’t deny the fact that paper money has its own importance and there is no way that we can underestimate the importance of paper money. Cash will remain in this world.

Fiat and paper money are different things. Paper money is garbage, annoying to use, and wastes a tremendous amount of resources for nothing. Fiat can stay for all I care, but cash needs to go.
Fiat is a different business than paper money but I want all of these to go and one day they definitely will. By watching the present progress of digital currencies, one day the whole world population will get aware of these coins and say good bye to old fashion money method. It will take a long time for this to happen but I am not very much worried about it. Everything keeps on evolving and now traditional money ways are going to be changed.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 09:15:25 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
It is not impossible but still other countries are still studying and looking out for crytocurrency to make sure that they will benefit from it or if it will be bad for their countries.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
October 25, 2017, 08:56:22 AM
MAybe yes or maybe no it is kinda difficult to say whether cash can go extinct or not, but as Sweden taking a step towards it kinda hints of low usage of cash and not cash going extinct. Many nations still use cash as a major form of currency. So what I think is that the usage of cash will be lowered down and not cash going extinct.
Activity: 260
Merit: 104
October 25, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
I think eventually cash will be replaced by something digital, it will probably be some biometric system which is linked to a bank account.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 08:41:46 AM
Bitcoins are growing and popular in the world, many people want it but not because of its development that paper money is extinct. Money is very important to people, bitcoin only replace the money in some areas, but not completely replaced.
Activity: 154
October 25, 2017, 07:44:17 AM
One country did means not all the country going to accept same as it is but this change has to come in the world as technology play the big role on it. Very few years I mean 5 to 10 years lot of changes going to take place based on cryptocurrency usage as that time maximum no. of people aware the benefit and users will be in huge amount. Nothing going to happen it will not change in overnight so we have wait till it happen.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 07:24:58 AM
Cash will extinct definitely, but when and how long it will take its kind of difficult to predict. mostly ash extinction will start from advanced and developed countries such as Sweden and after a century, my guessing cash won't be available in other countries too.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 25, 2017, 07:06:54 AM
I dont see why not I mean physical cash is only about 2% of our currency. And you can probably guess what industry or what individuals have the most amount of that currency. I think in the country I am in it averages out

to 2k a person currency in real life. Now I know I dont have more than $100 ever and most people are the same so yeah like I said it is basically illegal and underground money. This isnt the reason it will get phased out

but when you already have 98% of the funds being digital then how much of a step is to go from 98% to 100%? It aint much I tell you that and I can see the transition happening very smoothly and very soon as well.
It's not happening smoothly, there's a lot of resistance to it for weird irrational reasons. But I'm pretty sure that it will happen soon just like you've said.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 07:01:03 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

For a country like Sweden maybe it's effective and a good thing to go cashless especially if they are aiming for minimizing robberies. I just hope that their tech security is very effective if they plan to eliminate cash. If other countries will follow Sweden's move I don't think cash will be extinct. I'm just wondering about those people who have no means to have cards or mobile payment methods. And also, how will they negotiate with other countries that will prefer cash rather than cashless transactions.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
October 25, 2017, 06:42:39 AM

I don't think time will come when there will be a society or country that will completely do away with cash, that is to say, they operate on a cashless economy. 2023 cashless society by Sweden is not obtainable because there are so many things that need to be put in place before such a policy could actually work effectively of which Sweden is yet to achieve about 20% of it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
October 25, 2017, 06:17:00 AM

yes cash will be replaced by bitcoin because cash is very inefficient, because paper money or cash is made from paper while bitcoin is a digital currency that is more efficient and does not require a lot of paper.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
October 25, 2017, 04:52:53 AM

That's still their decision but I highly doubt that other country will do the same. Regular currency has a huge function for countries and it played a huge role for decades that's why there are different kinds of currencies. So I think it is impossible for it to be extinct and be replaced by digital currency in the future.
Activity: 322
Merit: 116
October 25, 2017, 04:20:52 AM
Unless each and everyone in the world holds a device and has internet connection, cash will not be extinct. Except when the country's government is so brutal not to think for their poor or homeless, then maybe yes. If bitcoin will be more commonly used than cash in the future, I think that bitcoin will just be commonplace, while cash be available but of little value and availability. It's like cash will be the last method one can use to pay.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
October 25, 2017, 04:00:37 AM
Cash will never be extinct since everyone is exchanging bitcoins for fiat. A lot of people here in this forum are earning bitcoins to sustain their basic needs and the excess money will be saving to hold and expecting that in the next years the value of bitcoin will massively increase.
That is the point. Many people think, when they see bitcoin, as such coming out of the box and within nine years it is amazingly spreading over world, that it will be moving all around the globe and then there are countries without cash. No that will not be happening. Reason is you can’t live with cash until all your smallest and biggest systems of your countries are turned digital.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
October 24, 2017, 11:20:13 PM
Of course no! It is very impossible ! Cash will never extinct in our world. Many people are still prefer to use fiat currency than cryptocurrency. Cash has very important role in our world. So it is very impossible that the cash will be extinct.
Activity: 103
October 24, 2017, 11:15:22 PM
I dont see why not I mean physical cash is only about 2% of our currency. And you can probably guess what industry or what individuals have the most amount of that currency. I think in the country I am in it averages out

to 2k a person currency in real life. Now I know I dont have more than $100 ever and most people are the same so yeah like I said it is basically illegal and underground money. This isnt the reason it will get phased out

but when you already have 98% of the funds being digital then how much of a step is to go from 98% to 100%? It aint much I tell you that and I can see the transition happening very smoothly and very soon as well.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 10:18:33 PM
I don't think that cash will extinct. There are alot of transactions that needs to be paid by cash. And also most of the transaction that needs documentations are need to paid in cash. Also not all establishments will embrace cashless transactions.
October 24, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

Cash must not be brought into extinction just because cryptocurrencies have already been established. It must be remained into its current position since the rise of technology will not be assured to be stable because there might be malfunctions in the future and if  cadh will be extinct, the essence of money in the world will be somehow abducted because admit it or not, putting all your money into virtual will be exposed into different danger and is literally risky to be done effectively.
Fiat =/= cash. I'm surprised that nobody seems to know the distinction of the terms.
Activity: 384
Merit: 106
October 24, 2017, 06:50:57 PM

Cash must not be brought into extinction just because cryptocurrencies have already been established. It must be remained into its current position since the rise of technology will not be assured to be stable because there might be malfunctions in the future and if  cadh will be extinct, the essence of money in the world will be somehow abducted because admit it or not, putting all your money into virtual will be exposed into different danger and is literally risky to be done effectively.
October 24, 2017, 06:49:53 PM
Let's hope so, IMO cash is an outdated mean of storing value, too many limations, and risks when we allow central entities to determine de supply (hyperinflation). Physical cash is on it's way out, some countries have already set dates to be cashless states.  
By cash going extinct, it means that some economies of the world are going to go extinct as well and secondly, the countries of the world would have to create bitcoin for the specific economies and if all of them follow the same trend then i believe that we will stop using cash.
People can just use credit and debit cards if they stop using cash. Don't really need Bitcoin at that stage yet. I don't see why economies would disappear from that move either to be honest.
Credit and debit card have a lot of condition to the users suddenly more of their users will suffered due to high interest given by the bank. On the other side it was really useful in case of emergency, especially if the salaries of the workers are not yet coming. However if bitcoin will be used as exchange of any items or services expenses of individuals will be lessen.
Credit card credits are interest free if you pay your bill quickly. The interest is only there if you don't pay your bill, that is, if you buy things you can not afford. The same problem exists with cash, if people with no cash take up loans to buy things, they will have to pay a lot in interest and will end up heavily in debt.
In any case, the point that I was trying to make was that non-crypto electronic money transfers can be used instead of cash.
Pages:
Jump to: