Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Whitepaper determined credibility of an ICO - page 6. (Read 2071 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Whitepaper cannot determine credibility of any project. Projects pay people to write whitepaper for them just for investors to see that they have a whitepaper. It is only people who are new to cryptocurrency and think whitepaper is everything that will live by that. Real investors can never take whitepaper as a determinant factor for any project credibility.
Activity: 70
good and clear white paper is the reason investors are interested in ICO. but not only that is the determining factor for the success of the ICO. You must examine more deeply the developer members, whether they are experienced and active on social media.
Activity: 70
whitepaper is important for an ICO, but not only it. there are many other things that must be reviewed
that's why i am when choose an ICO not only depends on whitepaper,
Activity: 883
Merit: 262
whitepaper is not a good indicator to see if a project will succeed. in the last couple of months, ico investors lost so much money on icos, they got smarter and very careful about what they invest. even if the project has a nicely written whitepaper, it will not be easy to attract investors.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
I think whitepaper does help to determine thw credibility of an ICO project but it is not really determined through white paper only. I think the transparency of the team and its concept do help a lot. So inorder to determin you need to do a research don't base it on white paper only.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
no) some big projects like LTC never had a white paper and doing just fine Cool. roadmap, white paper, ICO, pre-sale  --  scammer's best tools (for me its just another synonymous for scam now). for some reason people think that lie on the official-like paper has more weight
Activity: 81
No i don't think so. A scam ICO can make a really good whitepaper to look like it is a legit ICO. You can't really until the end of the ICO when their site magically disappears.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
I personally think the team is more important than the whitepaper. A well-known professional team, packed with great advisors, is a must for me.

Of course, a good whitepaper is appealing for an investor and you should also consider it, especially if it is well-written (every explanation needed for the ICO is there). But don't think it ss the only source to decide whether you should invest in the projects or not. The whitepaper can be plagiarized, bought, copy-written and so on.

Good whitepaper is not the most important one. I agree with you that team is more important. Great team and experience is not enough because we look for the honest team. But its too difficult to judge whether the team is credible and honest or not. But when we try the best then we will not be worry about the result.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
The presence of white paper does not guarantee that the ICO will be successful. You need to carefully read the white paper! You should also pay attention to the developers and it is desirable that the project already had a finished product.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
Whitepaper - one of the most important thing. Whitepaper should be understandable and should disclose all aspects of the project. Also, the project won`t be successful without experienced team.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
An intending cryptocurrency investors recently approached me for my input in an ICO he intend invest on. And one of my advised to him his to read through the whitepaper of the ICO to determined how credibly and successful the ICO will be.
He then, ask me how sure I am that a well written whitepaper will determined how credibly, trusted and successful an ICO will be.
I couldn't give a clear answer to the question, because I personal know that so many scam ICO have a good and well detail whitepaper.

What's your take on the ICO whitepaper, can the information therein be enough to determine how successful an ICO will be.

Whitepaper is important but it's not the only thing that you should look for. Team is much more important than whitepaper along with marketing department and sponsors.
Activity: 602
An intending cryptocurrency investors recently approached me for my input in an ICO he intend invest on. And one of my advised to him his to read through the whitepaper of the ICO to determined how credibly and successful the ICO will be.
He then, ask me how sure I am that a well written whitepaper will determined how credibly, trusted and successful an ICO will be.
I couldn't give a clear answer to the question, because I personal know that so many scam ICO have a good and well detail whitepaper.

What's your take on the ICO whitepaper, can the information therein be enough to determine how successful an ICO will be.
for me white paper is not something that can be used as a reference in the success of an IO or not. but in white paper only describes the details of a project.
in my opinion that can be a reference in ico is the establishment of a project team in carrying out the project.
Activity: 84
White paper does not determine credibility of a project in any it only determine how,  when, and what the project is all about. The focus should be on what effort the team want to put in place to ensure a project is good or not. There are some good project that couldn't make it soft cap and there are scam projects that reach hard cap sharply.
Activity: 209
The whitepaper is a good thing to understand the project. I contained all the information about the project. But totally depending on whitepaper is not the good thing. It's the only thing to get informed about the project. there are many other things care about before investing in ICO. These days we have to confirm the whitepaper is a unique one or not. Because of the many Scam ICOs are copy the whitepapers from the projects. In my opinion Team and Roadmap are very important than the Whitepaper.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
A whitepaper is a face of any project and you get detailed information about the project and the roadmap of implementation but the main role in any project is the working on the team. If the developers of the project work actively then the coin will establish itself in the market automatically.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
ive seen so many whitepapers promising the world and miss deadline after deadline or not even deliver at all, i dont believe in whitepapers to much these days.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Whitepaper is very important to consider to know how solid the project is,but the most import is the team behind this wp, The team should be verfied and real.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
Whitepaper can never be the only thing that can determine credibility of an ICO. However, NOTHING can be the only thing that determines the credibility of an ICO. You need to take a look at the whitepaper of course, it is one of the most important parts.

You should take a look at the team because the team also plays an important role, if you see a name that has been someone that really has been around for years in crypto space and has been a trustworthy individual and plays a key role in that team that is good too. You need to check what problem that coin tries to solve, you need to check if community is excited about the solution. You need to basically check bunch of different stuff to decide if an ICO is credible or not. Not just one.
Activity: 224
I think only whitepaper is not adequate to determine an ICO. It plays an important role of an ICO but only with a whitepaper investors can learn more about the project but not their credibility.
Activity: 420
white paper can be a factor of success or failure of ICO. but besides that a professional and active development team on social media is the most important factor.
Pages:
Jump to: