Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 21. (Read 34949 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 559
August 17, 2014, 06:07:10 PM
It will take some time yet before the US Dollar comes to an end. What we are witnessing right now with the BRICS movement is the official "The Good Days are Over" swan song being played by the orchestra. How the US reacts to this inevitability is what interests me the most right now.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
August 17, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
Yeah, but it won't happen. No growth can be sustained forever! Also, I believe it's a tad delusional to think that bitcoin will actually replace the dollar. I guess it'll find it's place somewhere alongside regular FIAT currencies and the current banking system.

Whenever a major currency/economy collapses this will be the first time an acceptable alternative has presented itself. Trust in fiat will be low once the dollar or other major currency falls, I'm pretty sure bitcoin will see a huge boost when this happens. It may not become the official currency but it will still become a major currency that you would not really want to be without.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
August 17, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.
This is the most naive comment I have ever seen.

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

Please, go read the thread.
What is in this thread is mostly speculation and generally not backed up by facts. It would be unprecedented for the dollar to fall from where it is now to "come to an end" in just one generation. The british pound is still a major currency several generations (~300 years) after it's empire collapsed. The greek economy flourished for a long time after it's empire collapsed.   
I would also highly doubt that the dollar will collapse for the very same reasons. I would hope that other currencies like bitcoin would become more commonly use in trade, potentially to levels that would eclipse other major currencies. However it is very difficult to make huge impacts on levels of currency trade.

It is not a question of if the Dollar will collapse but when because it can't not collapse; it could have been saved 20years ago and maybe 10years ago but now the collapse will happen no matter what
Why do you say this? What is difference now then 20 or 10 years ago? If anything the dollar has become more widely used and stronger when compared to other currencies.

Yeah, but the buying power of a dollar has decreased insanely:

Its that much more insane that bitcoin doesnt have more support from those searching for ideal store of value.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 17, 2014, 12:59:07 PM
Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

What is in this thread is mostly speculation and generally not backed up by facts. It would be unprecedented for the dollar to fall from where it is now to "come to an end" in just one generation. The british pound is still a major currency several generations (~300 years) after it's empire collapsed. The greek economy flourished for a long time after it's empire collapsed.   
I would also highly doubt that the dollar will collapse for the very same reasons. I would hope that other currencies like bitcoin would become more commonly use in trade, potentially to levels that would eclipse other major currencies. However it is very difficult to make huge impacts on levels of currency trade.

It is not a question of if the Dollar will collapse but when because it can't not collapse; it could have been saved 20years ago and maybe 10years ago but now the collapse will happen no matter what
Why do you say this? What is difference now then 20 or 10 years ago? If anything the dollar has become more widely used and stronger when compared to other currencies.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
August 17, 2014, 06:01:15 AM
Yeah, but it won't happen. No growth can be sustained forever! Also, I believe it's a tad delusional to think that bitcoin will actually replace the dollar. I guess it'll find it's place somewhere alongside regular FIAT currencies and the current banking system.
Activity: 238
August 17, 2014, 01:37:05 AM

If this is true then it would likely take a very long time, longer then our grandchildren will likely be alive. The precursor for the dollar to collapse would be for the American empire to finish collapsing and even then it would take centuries for the dollar to collapse. However the American empire has really not even started to collapse as of yet.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
August 16, 2014, 06:47:26 PM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 16, 2014, 04:03:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 1045
August 16, 2014, 07:02:34 AM
Interesting article and claims I think the guy isn't very intelligent though.

I don't see the dollar coming to an end for at least another 70+ years.  The claims the guy making are based on history which isn't a terrible thing to base it on.  But judging from 70 years ago today the world is a completely different place and anything related to money then holds little value to what we have today.

not the dollar. its dominance, because of the other strong currencies. its also not saying that its the end of the dollar
Activity: 313
Merit: 258
August 14, 2014, 05:29:32 AM
they've been saying this for ages now  Huh
Yeah, well... It's primed for a collapse. This isn't your standard fear mongering, this is legitimate. The entire economy believes it, and countries are preparing for a collapse of the USD.

yeah but when? thats the thing, we going on liket his for ages.

When someone else has better guns, then the backing of the dollar is lost, and its game over.
It will be a few decades.
If it is not BRICS then someone else it is a matter of time.

Of course the government could prevent that by stopping the printing presses, but they will not do that.
Activity: 313
Merit: 258
August 14, 2014, 05:26:44 AM
Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

I think the dollar is coming to an end very slowly, it will take some more money printing and the government is doing a really good job at killing the dollar.

I think the dollar may have a few more decades to go, the thing with the dollar is that it is not based on market economics if it was it would already be dead, it is based on guns and oil, and thats the real reason the Dollar has survived for so long.

In future oil prices are going to skyrocket and that will put a dent in the dollar, and then if not BRICS someone else will step up with the guns to challenge the dollar.
As oil skyrockets expect a few more wars, as more wars take place the dollar get inflated to fund those wars, as the dollars gets inflated there will be incentives to get out of the dollar, but the dollar is backed by guns so no one gets out, until someone has better guns and then its game over.

A true economy can not be backed by guns, and soon as someone else has better guns the economy collapses.

When this happens expect Bitcoin to be over $10k, but it is going to get very ugly when the dollar collapses.

The reason the Zimbabwe dollar collapsed is that they did not have the guns or oil, only the printing presses.

Activity: 209
August 13, 2014, 11:11:52 PM

Activity: 174
August 13, 2014, 10:43:48 PM
The reason bitcoin has value is because of the network effect.

USD has even greater network effect than bitcoin. Saying it will come to an end is just brainless.
legendary
Activity: 1120
August 13, 2014, 07:58:12 PM
dollar will not die in the short term
it is a really valued currency,and the most important is that USA will not let it go down
Activity: 141
August 13, 2014, 07:08:21 PM
Dollar value will go down, no doubt. Saying it will end is over exaggerated.

UK lose its empire a hundred years ago and pound is still around.
Activity: 784
August 13, 2014, 05:28:20 PM
I mean his statement about how everyone will be dead, and it won't affect us. That is the naive part I am referring to.

Even if it is speculation, that's like someone saying "A meteorite will be crashing into the earth soon, but we'll all be dead by then, so it wont affect us."

I will agree, however, that a majority of the thread is speculation. However, posts like that are just "I'll make a post here..." and they don't have any explanation as to why they think that way.

hmm....Isn't that the point of the forum to make a post if you agree/disagree with something?  To have a chat about what you think is right/wrong and to discuss ideas? 

I guess with your example if someone made a topic of "When will a meteorite crash into earth" and someone posted"It doesn't matter we would be dead anyway"

I would say that is a relevant post because it pertains to the topic...he could have maybe gone into more detail about why he thinks that but still...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 13, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

The thread has been entire speculation...how is him saying it from a different view point of yours making him naive? 

I am not supporting his case I just don't see in how seeing a different side other than you is "naive"
I mean his statement about how everyone will be dead, and it won't affect us. That is the naive part I am referring to.

Even if it is speculation, that's like someone saying "A meteorite will be crashing into the earth soon, but we'll all be dead by then, so it wont affect us."

I will agree, however, that a majority of the thread is speculation. However, posts like that are just "I'll make a post here..." and they don't have any explanation as to why they think that way.
Activity: 784
August 13, 2014, 03:40:37 PM

The thread has been entire speculation...how is him saying it from a different view point of yours making him naive? 

I am not supporting his case I just don't see in how seeing a different side other than you is "naive"
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 13, 2014, 03:38:20 PM

Activity: 988
August 10, 2014, 04:22:16 PM
they've been saying this for ages now  Huh
Yeah, well... It's primed for a collapse. This isn't your standard fear mongering, this is legitimate. The entire economy believes it, and countries are preparing for a collapse of the USD.

yeah but when? thats the thing, we going on liket his for ages.

That's the real question I don't think anyone would be able to predict the end of USD and I don't think it's going to be for many many years.
The dollar will not come to an end until long after the US empire comes to an end. Look at England for example; their empire collapsed hundreds of years ago and the British Pound is still very strong and widely used, in fact it is still a major currency.
Pages:
Jump to: