Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 23. (Read 34949 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 11:14:21 AM
For those of you who think the dollar is coming to an end ,I will gladly trade you all my bitcoins for dollars, well over the exch rate:)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
August 05, 2014, 01:19:13 AM
What currency would take its place immediately?

I know BTC works for us but the World's governments aren't going to just adopt it...
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
August 05, 2014, 12:47:09 AM
If Bitcoin continue grows this can be true.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 04, 2014, 11:06:46 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever

FIATs have come and gone through history countless times. Of course the dollar ending means the empire ending. I don't see this happening anytime soon.
You'd be surprised how fast it may be coming to an end.

2nd fattest country, large unemployment, massive debt that is about 200 trillion after commitments and other benefits are paid (With a current 17 trillion in "active" debt), populace unwilling to work, lots of the country on food stamps and welfare, immigrants coming across the border to take jobs, goofy government, enemies everywhere, etc.

I can see the fall start happening in 25 years, but the entire collapse would take about 12 years. So you should have time to get out...

100 years ago, Great Britain was supreme. It was quickly surpassed by the US.
It wouldn't take long for the balance to tilt again.

Doesn't mean GBP came to an end or collapsed.   Just replaced as the world reserve
Which was shocking for the GBP and caused a lot of problems for a while.

Dethroning of a currency isn't just "Oh something else is now valued as '1'". It causes lots of problems for the currency because value will likely drop, as well as everyone having to calibrate their currencies to the new rate. Britian wasn't doing so well when it was taken off the reserve. In today's day and age, that shift could possibly be catastrophic.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 04, 2014, 10:05:56 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever

FIATs have come and gone through history countless times. Of course the dollar ending means the empire ending. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

2nd fattest country, large unemployment, massive debt that is about 200 trillion after commitments and other benefits are paid (With a current 17 trillion in "active" debt), populace unwilling to work, lots of the country on food stamps and welfare, immigrants coming across the border to take jobs, goofy government, enemies everywhere, etc.

I can see the fall start happening in 25 years, but the entire collapse would take about 12 years. So you should have time to get out...

Doesn't mean GBP came to an end or collapsed.   Just replaced as the world reserve
legendary
Activity: 1358
August 04, 2014, 09:52:53 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever

legendary
August 04, 2014, 08:12:40 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever

Activity: 322
August 04, 2014, 06:57:03 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding
August 04, 2014, 03:06:00 PM
i don't think so

it won't happen ever
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
August 04, 2014, 03:03:48 PM
That is not new news. The BRICK (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) just opened the largest bank to facilitate exchanges in currencies other than the dollar. UK just signed the largest trade deal with China...Usually, those will be done using USD but will be using China's Renminbi for the first time. Russia also signed the largest energy bill with China and they will be using Renminbi and Russian ruble! The dollar is DONE!
legendary
August 03, 2014, 08:44:58 AM
There are more and more econmists that warns about possible collapse of dollar, and it looks like american economy doesnt have very bright future... also it seems like Russia with China and India, would be more than happy if dollar colapse, and it looks like they already strated doing some steps to help with it.

They have started taking steps to reduce dependence on the dollar.
Looking at the amount of dollars they hold, it would be a disaster for them if the dollar collapses overnight.
Activity: 280
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
August 03, 2014, 06:46:45 AM
There are more and more econmists that warns about possible collapse of dollar, and it looks like american economy doesnt have very bright future... also it seems like Russia with China and India, would be more than happy if dollar colapse, and it looks like they already strated doing some steps to help with it.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 02, 2014, 11:40:23 AM
Yeah you cant beat fiat currencies.
legendary
August 02, 2014, 04:01:46 AM
That's how the dollar will end, probably. And it probably will take at least 8 years before the deflationary phase, and 2 years in the deflationary phase before hyperinflation starts.

That is 10 years for our elected representatives to fix the system.
Hope they don't screw up things for that long.
Activity: 448
August 01, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
I think what everybody is expecting is that suddenly there will be some gigantic collapse of the dollar and boom everything dies suddenly people have a hard time buying food and somehow BTC is priced at $1M per coin.

I don't think that's whats going to happen.

I think there's going to be a deflationary spiral first, a crash in things like Gold & even potentially foreign currencies, maybe even BTC. This could be caused by many things considering how fragile everything is, but I'm willing to bet some big financial entity will go bust, that will start it. People will get used to working with few $s because there won't be many of them around to work with because we're in deflation. But the government doesn't like deflation, so it will buy up all the bad assets, effectively serving to forgive lots of debts. When those debts are forgiven, then there won't be any guaranteed demand for USD, and with the inherent shortage of everything caused in the time just after a crash, THAT'S what will cause the hyperinflation. Because, recessions are like a bubble, in the value off money, that's what deflation is. Like all bubbles, money bubbles pop. Only, since we're using USD, with no value, that bubble never needs to revert to the mean; the mean is 0.

That's how the dollar will end, probably. And it probably will take at least 8 years before the deflationary phase, and 2 years in the deflationary phase before hyperinflation starts.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
August 01, 2014, 01:47:08 PM
We live in the modern and information age. Everything will happen faster the government able to respond. If you think it will take 70 years for it to end, it will probably happen in 10 years or so.
Activity: 406
August 01, 2014, 12:11:31 PM
The dollar still has a long time left yet regardless of the situation now. 70+ years sounds about right for how long it has left to be honest however what is to say anything will replace it? 70+  years is a long time yet and we never know what kind of currencies may be available then.
Activity: 476
July 22, 2014, 10:49:57 AM
You know how I would handle things like the Middle East conflict and all that shit in the Balkans?

Given the power, I'd set arbitrary boundaries and tell the goofy bastards to fight it out but if they make one step outside of the boundaries, I'd fry their asses with the worst sort of weaponry imaginable short of nukes.

If they got nukey with things I'd turn the whole place into glass for the betterment of the rest of the world.
legendary
July 22, 2014, 10:42:36 AM
Most of us will probably not be alive when the dollar collapses so it's not going to make much difference to us.

Actually, if you are still in adult age, you will most likely still be alive to see the next great war.

For those who are 60+, they may be lucky and be gone before that happen.
I'd debate the possibility of that.

Mostly because the US is going down the hole, how in the world would they be able to go and fund a large war of any kind? They're also decreasing their military spending and sending the MRAAPS or whatever they are (I'm Canadian so I only see this stuff here and there) to local police forces. If anything, they're expecting a civil war, not a large international war.

Ukraine won't have anything come out of it. It was the same for Syria, then North Korea, then and still currently Ukraine, and then Iran. It will be covered, big speeches assuring American freedom and #1 country safety and international investigations, then it will slowly fade from the news unless something else happens (Like MH17, Ukraine was almost out of the air waves and Iran was taking it's place) that causes more hype.

There may very well be another war, but it won't be a nukefest or total war (Well, it could); it will be smaller wars or civil wars.

Just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
July 22, 2014, 09:34:17 AM
It already collapsed

1971 Milk .51 cents Gal USD in USA on gold standard

1971 Nixon Leaves Gold Standard

2014 Milk 4.50 Gal USD compare that to .0072 btc

People gonna love BTC and low numbers

Wow milk is only .00000001 btc soon

haha

Well I wouldn't exactly call this 'failed'. It's just good old inflation. Happens. The wages also increased over time. But hey, if you're right we could swim in milk all day long. Poor cows!

Inflation happens with fiat (non-backed) currencies. Until FDR started and later Nixon finished taking the US off the gold standard, it didn't just happen.

That is one advantage of bitcoin - there is no stealth tax taking money from you and giving it to politicians and other powerful people.

Pages:
Jump to: