Pages:
Author

Topic: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' " - page 4. (Read 3781 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
My monthly spending was through the roof until I stopped factoring in the mortgage and gas. After that my spending dropped dramatically.

Next month I may stop factoring in the money I spend on food and I may start seeing a huge surplus in my household.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
hyperbole?

Of course.

I am glad you believe that. Do not buy bitcoins at their low price.

I won't be buying them at any price.  If I wanted to burn money, I'd just use my lighter.

Doesn't seem like a good strategic move to me unless you just have some irrational dislike of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Inflation rates are looking good too.

Some folks, such as these, see hidden dangers due to fiscal policy issues.
My crystal ball is not so well polished, it could easily be otherwise.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh Is the world filled idiots who want to except fractional reserved garbage forever when their are better ways to exchange value. The metals plunge i understand the fed is shorting the metals market but the USD/EUR rising i don't get .
Fractional reserve is not so bad in itself, it really depends on the fraction, and what makes up the reserve.

USD will rise when its interest rate to default likelihood is a better deal than whatever is the denominator.  Its value is relative risk/reward.
The EUR has its own constellation of issues.

BTC could go to zero at a greater liklihood than most fiat (currently), so time deposits (bonds, CDs) that are BTC denominated should pay a higher rate than fiat to compensate for that risk.  There is also default risk, and counter-party risk, which has to be compensated as well. Those risks are perceived as low due to Ben Bernanke's vote of confidence. He has a great track record on his public comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpD64GUoXw
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
America, land of the free
Those inflation rates are the BS

The fact that you believe this explains why you are having such a hard time understanding why the dollar is so strong.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Those inflation rates are the BS ones the fed puts out it doesn't count food or fuel or anything else that would push the number up inflation under 3% my arse.
Inflation rates are looking good too.

I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh

Get used to it. Despite all of the fear mongering that goes on around these forums, the dollar isn't going anywhere.
Activity: 53
I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh Is the world filled idiots who want to except fractional reserved garbage forever when their are better ways to exchange value. The metals plunge i understand the fed is shorting the metals market but the USD/EUR rising i don't get .
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
This is what inflation is, ready yourselves

A little whisper from Ben that they might someday consider buying less, it scares away other bond buyers, and the Fed gets a bunch more interest on their T-bills, the economy slows, and the Fed own an increasing share of US debt for the next generation and a half.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
This is what inflation is, ready yourselves
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Re: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' "

I don't disagree, but everything can be changed at the whim of a single individual. Its risky, risk of the incalculable kind.
hyperbole?

Of course.

I won't be buying them at any price.  If I wanted to burn money, I'd just use my lighter.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
The dollar is useless.

It's infinitely more useful than your internet monopoly money (which appears to be crashing as we speak).

legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
The dollar is useless.
It's infinitely more useful than your internet monopoly money (which appears to be crashing as we speak).
For relativistic definitions of infinity?  Or is this hyperbole?
The dollar is useless.

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
From the article:
"The federal deficit is expected to fall to 4% this fiscal year, and drop to 3% by 2019"
2013 total spending: $3.8 trillion
2013 total revenue: $2.9 trillion
Deficit: $.9 trillion = 23%

You want to know how I know you are a government shill article?
Activity: 28
Great news! Smiley
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
Gold and silver are down, dollar is up, just means there is a sale on gold and silver.  I like getting my silver for 50% off.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Considering we are about a month away from the Federal Reserve buying all of our Treasury bonds (currently buying over 80%), I am not surprised by desperation in trying to get other countries to want to buy our dollars.

We are too far gone. The dollar is useless.
Pages:
Jump to: