Pages:
Author

Topic: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' " - page 5. (Read 3781 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
.....we will start using our H2O patents to power our cars off of water....
Nope, that isn't going to happen.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The dollar could easily be the last one standing, while all other fiat fails. It will then obtain value due to increased user base. It will certainly not raise due to improving economy or getting the fiscal house in order, because the economy is not improving, and the fiscal house is not in order.

As the reserve currency the US has a position of strength in this Currency War. From reading Rickards book, these kinds of currency battles can last years so it may be a long battle.

In saying that, China has set up direct swap lines with the UK, Australia and I think Russia? This is a way of cutting out the US as middleman and suggests that there isn't much trust there.

Not many economies are improving and most indicators are screwed up. Gold is heading down at the same time stocks are, so the stocks v gold debate is sorta moot.

Bitcoin is still solid though but I think everyone knows the regulation shock is coming.

The reserve status of the dollar currently is not formal, and other national banks use other kinds of fiat plus gold as reserves. It is more that dollar is the most popular (the best) money type for international trade. Even parties with two different fiats outside the dollar area may prefer to go via dollar to avoid spread and slippage. It is a long way to go to displace dollar for international trade.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
The dollar could easily be the last one standing, while all other fiat fails. It will then obtain value due to increased user base. It will certainly not raise due to improving economy or getting the fiscal house in order, because the economy is not improving, and the fiscal house is not in order.

As the reserve currency the US has a position of strength in this Currency War. From reading Rickards book, these kinds of currency battles can last years so it may be a long battle.

In saying that, China has set up direct swap lines with the UK, Australia and I think Russia? This is a way of cutting out the US as middleman and suggests that there isn't much trust there.

Not many economies are improving and most indicators are screwed up. Gold is heading down at the same time stocks are, so the stocks v gold debate is sorta moot.

Bitcoin is still solid though but I think everyone knows the regulation shock is coming.

Activity: 280
June 22, 2013, 02:22:37 PM
legendary
Activity: 1311
June 20, 2013, 09:53:53 PM
Just American hype to prop up their falling dollar.

Check the amount of US bonds the Chinese hold and how they are ready to switch the entire world oil economy from petro/US to petro/gold and therby remove the US$ as the worlds reserve currency.

This move will bring about the economic downfall of the US and hurt the west but above all it will mean the US no longer has a defacto income from dumping bonds / cash onto the world market.

They can do that, but then we can also drain our fields dry, make a killing on the markets, I'm taking trillions $$$ and one we're bone dry of all the oil we dumped, we will start using our H2O patents to power our cars off of water.

I think that would be the best thing for our economy, loads of high paying jobs, we would not know what to do with our reserves.
Activity: 810
June 20, 2013, 09:04:05 PM
This move will bring about the economic downfall of the US and hurt the west but above all it will mean the US no longer has a defacto income from dumping bonds / cash onto the world market.

Yeah, I ha been hearing this song since the mid 2000's, and nothing has happened yet.

In fact, all I see is improvement.

and this process has been ongoing for over 50 yrs
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
America, land of the free
June 20, 2013, 08:52:36 PM

Yeah, I ha been hearing this song since the mid 2000's, and nothing has happened yet.

In fact, all I see is improvement.
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
June 20, 2013, 08:08:34 PM

Check the amount of US bonds the Chinese hold and how they are ready to switch the entire world oil economy from petro/US to petro/gold and therby remove the US$ as the worlds reserve currency.

petro/gold?

Not sure about this, gold breached $1300 today, down from $1800.

If the worlds economy is going to be based in part upon gold then the selloff? It's getting dumped enmass
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
June 20, 2013, 08:01:47 PM
"Today we are engaged in a new currency war, and another crisis of confidence in the dollar is on its way. This time the consequences will be far worse than those confronting Nixon. The growth in globalization, derivatives and leverage over the past forty years have made financial panic and contagion all but impossible to contain."

"The new crisis will likely begin in the currency markets and spread quickly to stocks, bonds and commodities. When the dollar collapses, the dollar-denominated markets will collapse too. Panic will quickly spread throughout the world."

from a newsletter published today: http://dailyreckoning.com/prelude-to-currency-wars/

You may recognize the source - DR has been positive about BTC for at least a couple of years.
Activity: 810
June 20, 2013, 07:52:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
June 20, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Yep, word on the street is dollar is going to rally against other currencies. Now the question is will it rally against Bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
America, land of the free
Pages:
Jump to: