Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 20. (Read 195673 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
As of this morning was showing another "checkpoint" error, restarted the daemon.  Just happened to notice that the "moneysupply" parameter has significantly dropped.  

"blocks" : 100780,
   "moneysupply" : 384135.66334100,

It this important/significant?

And we seem to be behind the curve now:

./cleanwatercoind getpeerinfo | grep heig

"startingheight" : 100859,
        "startingheight" : 100780,
        "startingheight" : 100860,

I'm showing:

"blocks" : 100971,
"moneysupply" : 519961215.55540502,
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
As of this morning was showing another "checkpoint" error, restarted the daemon.  Just happened to notice that the "moneysupply" parameter has significantly dropped.  

"blocks" : 100780,
   "moneysupply" : 384135.66334100,

It this important/significant?

And we seem to be behind the curve now:

./cleanwatercoind getpeerinfo | grep heig

"startingheight" : 100780,
legendary
Yeah, tryed all that stuff and then some. Your guys post motivated me to try more and after pulling an older file out of recycle bin and rescan, got my coins back! Sent 20000 coins to charity for Peng and Duke.

\o/

Activity: 175
After spending 10 days trying to get my wallet to sync, reading this entire thread twice, finally got it working. With all the file deleting and moving files around managed to corrupt my wallet.dat. 380,000 coins gone. Good riddance

Try running the wallet from the command line with the rescan command, like this:

cleanwatercoin-1.7.0.2-qt.exe -rescan

This will make the wallet check the whole blockchain for transactions that belong to your wallet, essentially rebuilding your balance from scratch. It will take a few minutes but any missing coins should come back. If they don't, that means they were likely mined on a wrong fork and so never really existed in the first place.

Yeah, tryed all that stuff and then some. Your guys post motivated me to try more and after pulling an older file out of recycle bin and rescan, got my coins back! Sent 20000 coins to charity for Peng and Duke.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
After spending 10 days trying to get my wallet to sync, reading this entire thread twice, finally got it working. With all the file deleting and moving files around managed to corrupt my wallet.dat. 380,000 coins gone. Good riddance

Try running the wallet from the command line with the rescan command, like this:

This will make the wallet check the whole blockchain for transactions that belong to your wallet, essentially rebuilding your balance from scratch. It will take a few minutes but any missing coins should come back. If they don't, that means they were likely mined on a wrong fork and so never really existed in the first place.

Activity: 175

legendary

And you don't have a backup of the file?

I always start by making a copy to wallet.dat- as well as moving a copy up a directory.

How about as OS checkpoint maybe?  Like Timemachine on the Mac or Windows?

I'm sorry for your loss if its not recoverable...

-dvd
Activity: 2
legendary
"WARNING Invalid Checkpoint...."

UPDATED:  Just restarted our daemon and the error cleared..
Activity: 32
You read my mind thanks....
legendary
Lads I believe we are forked, I have reached out over the last 48 hours pointing to this issue, and even invested in some hash and setup a pool to keep this coin alive.  This is a active community that wants this coin to be successful.  Please respond with an update on the official pool, status of the new wallet, the X11 dev path and the 51% attack fix, and if the coin explorer is on the right fork.
Thanks guys.
Peace out

doabitofgood.com 's public facing peering point is showing 98815 blocks atm and 32 connections

204.246.67.106:9340

We have a pool online as well and a single miner pulling about 2.6 Mhs at the moment.

Feel free to addnode us in.

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com
Lads I believe we are forked, I have reached out over the last 48 hours pointing to this issue, and even invested in some hash and setup a pool to keep this coin alive.  This is a active community that wants this coin to be successful.  Please respond with an update on the official pool, status of the new wallet, the X11 dev path and the 51% attack fix, and if the coin explorer is on the right fork.
Thanks guys.
Peace out

Anonz - read the posts, it's disabled until they get some issues resolved.  They are in communication with Bittrex regular like.
P
Activity: 192
I love this project but it really need more fundamentals in place.  The bittrex wallet being disabled is a bad thing. The leaders and community should rise and question this... What is going on?
Mindfox, can you set the min diff on pool.cleanwatercoin.org to 32 then we can get more hashes going. 
Thanks in advance.
No Problem we are patient, just keep the information flowing here.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Donate to put a smile on my face :)
CLEAN WATER IS STILL DISABLED on Bittrex. Huh
and it should be.

Once we rectify the situation of continues attacks on the network (due to lack of hash power) then they will re-enable it.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
CLEAN WATER IS STILL DISABLED on Bittrex. Huh
Activity: 196
Quick update: Bill got back to me, and confirmed that they will not be taking us off today. Costas started compiling last night, and he and I will be chatting as soon as he gets home from work to announce what has been going on behind the scenes. Also, the reason Bittrex froze the wallet was because we detected another 51% attack. What Costas is doing right now will re-enable the wallet with them. More to come.
Activity: 196
I know this seems like an absurdly simple question considering everything that has been posted on this board but...

What are the current problems, and what is being done to fix them?

I have read everything and while there is a lot of fires currently being put out one by one, I am no longer sure where the source of the fire is. Do we have underlying code issues still? If so, do we have an ETA for a "complete" fix?

I am patient, but holding these coins has been pretty stressful with the ups and downs happening so close together. It would be good to see something solid to boost the confidence of us few investors still hoping for this coin to take off.

In my opinion, there will need to be some seriously good promo's or media pieces to get this coin going again after the long stall. Any info for us on that end?

There really aren't any wallet problems anymore, other than we are still waiting on the Mac wallet to be compiled. Anyone with syncing problems still, just need to follow instructions (provided by Mindfox multiple times now Wink).

If there are no problems with the wallet why does it continue to go offline at Bittrex?

Someone tried to 51% us (again). So after talking to Richie (bittrex), we all determined it was best to disable it and roll out this "fix" which will be explained in more detail in the coming day or so. The wallets are just fine -- I promise. Smiley

If you've spoken to Richie and all is fine, why is WATER showing as being de-listed tomorrow??

Bill is the one who handles that from what I have been told, not Richie. So as soon as Costas gets on tonight, and assuming he is done with his testing -- we will be reaching out to Richie + Bill to make sure we are all on the same page. I would imagine that after doing so, we will be taken off that list.
Pages:
Jump to: