Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 19. (Read 195673 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
first of all, let me apologize for the long time of no posting in here.

I was hospitalized (heat + exhaustion + old age can do that to me from what it seems) and this turned my schedule upside down.

Regarding the new wallet. I don't know how many of you will take it, but we don't have the required hashrate to protect the blockchain from attacks.
Even with exchange's wallet frozen, someone attacked again (the huge spike in network hashrate shows that).
The problem is that although there is interest to mine for good cause, it looks like there's more interest to abuse those who are interested and try to double spend coins to literaly "steal" from exchanges or whoever is trading with CleanWater.
So, we decided that the best solution is to turn it into pure PoS and very close after that, setup a multi-pool where you will be able to mine with whatever algorithm you choose to (sha256, scrypt, x11, x13, scrypt-n, scrypt-jane) for coins and exchange them to buy cleanwatercoins which will be used as payment for your mining work.

By tomorrow we'll have a new wallet and the plan is to stop PoW at block height 112000 and accept only PoS blocks after that.

I'll keep you updated

Glad to have you back!  Pure POS sounds like a great idea too.
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
Glad you are back MindFox. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. Changing to POS is a good idea, POS coins are now very popular.

We wholeheartedly concur with the proposed shift to a POS based approach.

D. Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com
Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
Glad you are back MindFox. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. Changing to POS is a good idea, POS coins are now very popular.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Donate to put a smile on my face :)
first of all, let me apologize for the long time of no posting in here.

I was hospitalized (heat + exhaustion + old age can do that to me from what it seems) and this turned my schedule upside down.

Regarding the new wallet. I don't know how many of you will take it, but we don't have the required hashrate to protect the blockchain from attacks.
Even with exchange's wallet frozen, someone attacked again (the huge spike in network hashrate shows that).
The problem is that although there is interest to mine for good cause, it looks like there's more interest to abuse those who are interested and try to double spend coins to literaly "steal" from exchanges or whoever is trading with CleanWater.
So, we decided that the best solution is to turn it into pure PoS and very close after that, setup a multi-pool where you will be able to mine with whatever algorithm you choose to (sha256, scrypt, x11, x13, scrypt-n, scrypt-jane) for coins and exchange them to buy cleanwatercoins which will be used as payment for your mining work.

By tomorrow we'll have a new wallet and the plan is to stop PoW at block height 112000 and accept only PoS blocks after that.

I'll keep you updated
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
2. As for MintPal, I am not sure if they are worth pursuing after their debacle last week. What do you think?

If I remember right they owe us getting listed without any voting as we already won it. And when all the things will get sorted out, we should remind them about this. I think the additional exchange and higher trading volume will be helpful.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
So what is happening with this coin...I see it's not picking up and it still says disabled on bittrex. Wallet issues sorted?
legendary
Being able to buy/sell on bittrex or any other decent exchange would be a good start....otherwise no one new will come mine. Lets be real, if people cant do anything but mine and donate where is the motivation to switch to this coin, besides it being for a good cause.

Uhmm..."being for a good cause" is exactly why we're backing it :p

Our hope is that it will be another "transactional coin" for us whereby our underwriters can bid/buy the coins and re-donate them to another cause of their choice.

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com
Activity: 148
The network hash rate has shot up to over 500 MH/s - a good sign!

*Edit* It's back down to 130 now  Sad We need to get more miners onboard to prevent more 51% attacks - is there any promotion going on to get some fresh blood in?

Being able to buy/sell on bittrex or any other decent exchange would be a good start....otherwise no one new will come mine. Lets be real, if people cant do anything but mine and donate where is the motivation to switch to this coin, besides it being for a good cause.
Activity: 196
1. Costas has been back home and is recovering just fine. He has been working on the new code that we will be rolling out here very shortly. I'll get into more details in a seperate post as soon as he is done.

2. Bittrex is aware of the situation and will not be removing us right now. As for MintPal, I am not sure if they are worth pursuing after their debacle last week. What do you think?

Activity: 175
How close is WATER to getting back on Bittrex? This is getting silly now.

getting?  

Are you special needs? Yes, getting. Getting sorted out, getting resolved, getting the point???

I think he meant it isn't "getting silly" but that it is in fact already "silly".  That said, I hope Mindfox is ok.

Ah I see, sorry I thought he was questioning my grammar! Yes I hope Mindfox is OK too, but this lack of communication is really wearing me down.

Zach - please give us a proper update with some genuine timeframes that we can rely on. The block explorer is 2 days behind again and we're still not on any decent exchange. What is going on?
Activity: 154

getting?  

Are you special needs? Yes, getting. Getting sorted out, getting resolved, getting the point???

I think he meant it isn't "getting silly" but that it is in fact already "silly".  That said, I hope Mindfox is ok.
legendary

getting? 

I agree with Peng -- I would rather see the team "do things right vs do things over" any day!

getting? 

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

getting? 
legendary
I gave a quick plug to Clean Water Coin on the Burn & Brew podcast today

http://burnandbrew.com/blog/accomplice

As part of a pitch for http://doabitofgood.com

legendary
Just a quick update: Costas (Mindfox) was hospitalized over the weekend. He checked in with me yesterday and said he is doing much better, but it will still be a couple more days until he is able to rap things up. I will update you with more information as soon as I get it.

Thanks for the update and please convey that his speedy recovery is front and center top of mind with all of us at Do a Bit of Good!

-dvd
Activity: 196
Just a quick update: Costas (Mindfox) was hospitalized over the weekend. He checked in with me yesterday and said he is doing much better, but it will still be a couple more days until he is able to rap things up. I will update you with more information as soon as I get it.
The network hash rate has shot up to over 500 MH/s - a good sign!

*Edit* It's back down to 130 now  Sad We need to get more miners onboard to prevent more 51% attacks - is there any promotion going on to get some fresh blood in?
legendary

I'm showing:

"blocks" : 100971,
"moneysupply" : 519961215.55540502,

Yeah, I've toasted our db and blk* files and restarted the peering node from scratch -- on the second try since it keeps getting stuck on block 83,102 !

I'm cross checking against the block explorer:

http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/chains

All the coins that we should have are evident there so no worries on our balance/stake so far.  Just have to get over whatever hump is tripping us up.

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com
Pages:
Jump to: