Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 25. (Read 195715 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Updated Windows Wallet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DANUo1TUZHb3k2ODQ
We will be moving it off of Google Drive and over to our server tonight, but if you want to check it out -- there she is. Wink

New Source: https://github.com/CleanWaterCoin/cleanwatercoin
• DNS Seed connections enabled
• IRC Connections disabled
• Added "posmint" configuration directive to enable/disable PoS miner
• Corrected syntax errors

Both cleanwatercoin-qt  and cleanwatercoind compiled on linux with no problems!
Thanks!

Great to hear!! Finally Wink
Oak
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Attention Clean Water Coin Community,

With summer here, or right around the corner (depending on where you live), we have all been noodling the idea of switching over to X11. X11, as many of you know -- has proven to be a less expensive way to mine coins with slightly increased productivity. And so we would like to pose the question to each of you and get your feedback.

Should we hard fork and change to the X11 algorithm? Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or comments!! Grin

We look forward to hearing from you,
The Clean Water Coin Team

+1 for X11

stoked to see you guys staying at this thing. h2o coin died.

keep swimming!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/34bcc1ca0466693392307810df154105/tumblr_mu8nr703Hl1s8q0guo1_500.gif
Activity: 47

Scrypt or X11: We Want To Hear From You!

With summer here, or right around the corner (depending on where you live), we have all been noodling the idea of switching over to X11. X11, as many of you know -- has proven to be a less expensive way to mine coins with slightly increased productivity. And so we would like to pose the question to each of you and get your feedback.

Should we hard fork and change to the X11 algorithm? Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or comments!! Grin

awesome!!!

+1 for X11

would start mining again if you made the switch for sure Grin Wink Grin
Activity: 148

Updated Windows Wallet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DANUo1TUZHb3k2ODQ
We will be moving it off of Google Drive and over to our server tonight, but if you want to check it out -- there she is. Wink

wow thanks ... best coin
Activity: 21

Both cleanwatercoin-qt  and cleanwatercoind compiled on linux with no problems!
Thanks!
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform

x11 please  Smiley

I vote X11...but not both...scrypt has the advantage and the ASICS for scyrpt are out....and by the end of the year, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with.

X11 gpu miners don't stand any type of fair chance.

X11 is all I mine now...I wish I could mine CWC...but I am not playing the asic scrypt game.

Ya, we'd really be doing 1 or the other -- and so far X11 is clearly a front runner Wink

We are going to put up a poll so people can vote now.

I also tried compiling the qt client from the latest github.
I've compiled several other *coin qt clients without any problems on my system, but cleanwatercoin-qt failed everything I've tried.
with qmake/make:
make says:
:0:2: error: no macro name given in #define directive
:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Anyway, I'm glad other issues seem to be all fixed up... I'm mining away, waiting for the 0.00000100's or better...
Thanks!

Thank you for informing me about this... It's me to blame and a stupid space character (actually 2).
I will have it fixed in the new version, but you can fix it easily if you want to build it right now.
Open your cleanwatercoin-qt.pro file

You will find this:
Code:
greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4) {
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE = 0
}

You see the spaces after the QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE?
My stupid text editor thought it would be better if it had it with spaces, so it shows up better Oo

You should change it to:

Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0
}
(remove the spaces)

That was the problem and I'm very sorry I was the cause of all your troubles...

Thanks for your quick response..
That helped!
The compile made it much further..
But alas, it got to build/bitcoin.o, and started complaining about:

build/bitcoin.o: In function `ThreadSafeHandleURI(std::string const&)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xabc): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xbd9): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::string const&, std::string const&, int)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xc51): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xc68): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `InitMessage(std::string const&)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xe3b): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xe95): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `Translate(char const*)':

.... many more complaints from bitcoingui.cpp, transactiontablemodel.cpp, and addresstablemodel.cpp
and it ended with:

addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv19refreshAddressTableEv[_ZN16AddressTablePriv19refreshAddressTableEv]+0x3ab): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/addresstablemodel.o: In function `QList::erase(QList::iterator, QList::iterator)':
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_[_ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_]+0x4b): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/addresstablemodel.o:addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_[_ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_]+0x7d): more undefined references to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' follow
build/addresstablemodel.o: In function `AddressTablePriv::updateEntry(QString const&, QString const&, bool, int)':
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi[_ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi]+0xc9): undefined reference to `QString::operator<(QString const&) const'
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi[_ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi]+0x171): undefined reference to `QString::operator<(QString const&) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cleanwatercoin-qt] Error 1

I can send the whole log if that would help.

Thanks
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
I vote X11...but not both...scrypt has the advantage and the ASICS for scyrpt are out....and by the end of the year, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with.

X11 gpu miners don't stand any type of fair chance.

X11 is all I mine now...I wish I could mine CWC...but I am not playing the asic scrypt game.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Donate to put a smile on my face :)
I've compiled several other *coin qt clients without any problems on my system, but cleanwatercoin-qt failed everything I've tried.
with qmake/make:
make says:

Anyway, I'm glad other issues seem to be all fixed up... I'm mining away, waiting for the 0.00000100's or better...
Thanks!

Thank you for informing me about this... It's me to blame and a stupid space character (actually 2).
I will have it fixed in the new version, but you can fix it easily if you want to build it right now.
Open your cleanwatercoin-qt.pro file

You will find this:
Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE = 0
}

You see the spaces after the QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE?
My stupid text editor thought it would be better if it had it with spaces, so it shows up better Oo

You should change it to:

Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0
}
(remove the spaces)

That was the problem and I'm very sorry I was the cause of all your troubles...
If anything do both X11 and Scrypt. Not just X11.

Interesting suggestion. Have you seen anybody else do this (successfully)?
This is a great idea, in fact I was going to suggest it.  This would bring many new people to this community.

Thanks for weighing in RoyalSands!

We agree that a possible change like this could definitely help attract some new attention and further grow/build the community. Looking forward to hearing others opinions as well Smiley
Activity: 5
If anything do both X11 and Scrypt. Not just X11.
Activity: 154

This is a great idea, in fact I was going to suggest it.  This would bring many new people to this community.

I vote for not forking again.
I think CWC has had a rough enough time gaining traction with previous forks and wallet problems that forking again is just going to be a step backward.
And then my personal selfish reason, is that I just got a couple of gridseeds (which are very energy efficient), and they don't like X11..  Wink

Hehe Wink

We actually are rolling out 1.7.0.3 very very soon which will have the nodes hardcoded in to get rid of any lingering syncing problems.

BTW, where did you get your gridseeds from? Like them so far?
1.7.0.3 sounds great! if you could smooth out the linux qt side as well, that would be extra sweet...

I actually got the gridseeds off craigslist, I like them..
I'm only running script, so I took the fans off, and they're running silent at about 4-5w each @ 340khs
Having said that, I also just ordered a couple GAW Fury's that are supposed to do 1.3mhs for about $105 each..
So we'll see how well those do when they show up..

I think CWC has had a rough enough time gaining traction with previous forks and wallet problems that forking again is just going to be a step backward.
And then my personal selfish reason, is that I just got a couple of gridseeds (which are very energy efficient), and they don't like X11..  Wink

Hehe Wink

We actually are rolling out 1.7.0.3 very very soon which will have the nodes hardcoded in to get rid of any lingering syncing problems.

BTW, where did you get your gridseeds from? Like them so far?

Hi
I've had no luck at all getting a qt client to run on linux.
cleanwatercoind compiles with some warnings, which works for me, but it'd be nice if there was a gui available for linux.

I'm running kubuntu 13.04
The pre-compiled version complains about missing  libboost_*.so.1.48.0 libraries...
I went through an made a ton of links to from libboost_*.so.1.53.0 to 1.48.0, which got rid of those complaints, but then it ended up with:
  cleanwatercoin.6.10/cleanwatercoin-1.7.0.1-qt: symbol lookup error: ./cleanwatercoin-1.7.0.1-qt: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost11filesystem34path21wchar_t_codecvt_facetEv

Which seemed like a dead end...

with qmake/make:
make says:

qmake-qt4/make
qmake-qt4 mentions:
Warning: unknown QT: widgetsProject MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widgets
then make stops at:
In file included from src/qt/optionsdialog.cpp:2:0:
build/ui_optionsdialog.h:13:29: fatal error: QtWidgets/QAction: No such file or directory
 #include
                             ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/optionsdialog.o] Error 1

I tried a couple of weak attempts to resolve that, but no luck...

I also tried compiling on an ubuntu 12.04 box, but no luck there either
And qt-creator, naturally, had the same compile failures..

I mentioned this on the IRC, and it didn't seem like there were many linux types that wanted a gui.
Maybe that's true here as well... but since the code is out there, it would probably be good if it compiled on common platforms...
Maybe a statically linked binary?

Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: