Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 6. (Read 195667 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
my wallet wont work aswell.tried just about everything.error says "cant initialize keypool"
if i remove my wallet.dat and use fresh one it works but that means i will lose about 7k coins Sad

Hey, have you managed to synchronize your wallet 100%?

Also check your debug.log file

\cleanwatercoin\debug.log
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
my wallet wont work aswell.tried just about everything.error says "cant initialize keypool"
if i remove my wallet.dat and use fresh one it works but that means i will lose about 7k coins Sad
Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
This is a first official rebirth of a coin which died long time ago. I have never seen any other coin which after months of decline would again stand up on it's knees and would start marching up
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Anyone want to join the Skype group, please send a contact request to Avocyn (Skype name avocyn)

All are welcome to join, we are looking for people to contribute skills, funds or just ideas. Join the discussion and let's get WATER going again!

Avocyn has also started a Reddit thread at http://www.reddit.com/r/CleanWaterCoin/comments/2rwhun/water_for_charity/ - please publicise this as much as possible, let's get some new blood on board!

There are giveaways happening on Twitter too: https://twitter.com/Avocyn/status/553635722180460546 (Please retweet!)
Biggest rise within 24hours on bittrex, volume over 2btc,,=) Some people have gathered up on skype and raised funds to boost the project
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Any news? Would be nice for the community to have some insight on the current status or the plan for 2015.

Hi All,

I am not going to waste your time with any excuses or reasons for the elongated leave of absence, but needless to say none of us have abandoned Clean Water Coin. We all felt that transitioning into PoS was the best option at the time, and that by doing so -- would empower the community to help us write the next chapter of CWC. My time is short right now, and will continue to be until the end of the year, and so we are in need of a community manager to continue to keep the ball going until I can take a more active role here.

We are talking to a couple people and will update you once a decision has been made.

Thanks,
Zach
Happy new year all =) Best of wishes to you for this new and exciting year,

i'll just leave this here as a reminder that our struggle isn't over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixMFmCgZv4

And a little tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BVffXastek

Feel free to join the chat on skype by adding me : Avocyn  =)
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
We still very much support CWC on our https://doabitofgood.com platform!

In fact when you use our Mac version of the wallet it sends a tiny donation to our Bit4Bit funds

https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit

Every Bit Counts!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Seems like one hell of a project with MUCH work already put into it to just abandon it!
Activity: 925
Maybe it's by purpose to accumulate cheap coins and one day dev arrives with some huge news. OK, yes, I know, I have to wake up from a dream. At least the wallet is staking so coin is not yet dead. One day we will flood Africa with water bought by CWC donations.  Shocked Webpage http://www.cleanwatercoin.org/ is still active so I it means dev is still paying for hosting.
legendary
Nothing posted in here in over a month!  Is this project dead or has the convo moved to another place?
legendary
Appears to be a minor security issue with the wallet.  Funny, ran into this same problem with another wallet a few days ago.

I was just able to send coins out from my wallet WITHOUT being asked for my password!  My wallet was unlocked "for staking only", yes the option box was checked for staking only but still was not prompted for password re-entry......this is obviously something that needs to be fixed with the wallet!
legendary
Any alive pool..?

The coin is now a Proof of Stake based coin -- so your wallet does the nominal interest generating staking events.

You can acquire coins from an exchange like Bittrex

-dvd
Activity: 7
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
good to see that you're still around and the coin is not abandoned!

Hi All,

I am not going to waste your time with any excuses or reasons for the elongated leave of absence, but needless to say none of us have abandoned Clean Water Coin. We all felt that transitioning into PoS was the best option at the time, and that by doing so -- would empower the community to help us write the next chapter of CWC. My time is short right now, and will continue to be until the end of the year, and so we are in need of a community manager to continue to keep the ball going until I can take a more active role here.

We are talking to a couple people and will update you once a decision has been made.

Thanks,
Zach
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hi All,

Thanks,
Zach
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
I agree that more updates from Zach would be appreciated.  Though honestly I don't think they really have any obligation to do all their announcements or socialization here on BT if they have an official website/blog.

I agree that updates would be necessary to future path of this coin...

This is where most of us learned of this coin and this is where updates should be made, regardless if there is an official blog or website.

I say this particularly, as I recall not even being able to download the wallet on the website until I brought up in this thread, only later was the website updated to reflect this.
legendary
I agree that more updates from Zach would be appreciated.  Though honestly I don't think they really have any obligation to do all their announcements or socialization here on BT if they have an official website/blog.

For our part, https://doabitofgood.com has been very engaged/active and 110% transparent about our #bit4bit funds (https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit) that get collected for the use of the Mac OS X wallet that we built on behalf of our users / fans.

At this stage I would be more interested in hearing about the marketing plans since it seems that that coinbase itself is now solid and other than some additional user interface features desired in the wallet itself, I wouldn't expect much more from the "developers" per se.

Just my .02

-dvd
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Definitely need to update the thread title!

Just updated that a bit Smiley

Last post from the "developer" was on September 5th.

A thought:

Every time someone makes a transaction, some of that money goes to a "non-profit" wallet, supposedly for charity.

And yet despite our money being taken for "charity", we do not even hear from the people who have access to that money for almost two months, despite repeated requests for information by multiple Charity "donors" and/or investors on public forums known to be frequented by the directors of the "non-profit".

Why have they not taken the very, very VERY little time needed to respond on a public forum, or simply send the money to the charity and post a public ledger?

This could constitute suspicion of fraud.

Perhaps it is time to contact the correct government people regarding non-profit fraud? The Attorney General's office would be a good place to start.

I will wait a week and see what the "developers" have to say for themselves, and then I will submit a letter to the AG office with my grievances.

I find it sad that even considering such action is necessary. Directors of non-profit ANYTHING should not expect to be able to take peoples money, and then disappear for two almost two months without a word on what is happening with the money.

legendary
Anybody know why the staking seems to have stopped on the 22nd? 

Running latest wallet.

The difficulty jumped from about .5 to 17 and back down to 15 now.  The blocks are still moving fine as shown by the block explorer.  My guess is that someone with a very big wallet with large older coin blocks open it up and is minting.

Not sure if that is the problem or not, have a decent sized wallet myself and was earning around 200 coins a day from staking up until the 22nd!
Pages:
Jump to: