Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 8. (Read 195667 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Question: Is the wallet currently taking small amounts of every transaction and sending it to the charity address, or has that been disabled?

I believe for the Windows and Linux wallets it goes to whatever address Costas put in there (see above) -- the Mac wallet which is a straight re-compile with a few fixes to get it to actually build includes the https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit address included.

Whatever automatic donation function is included is at Costas' direction IMHO.

If you want one that doesn't do it, I'm sure we could figure it out.

-dvd

If you want one that doesn't do it??

This is a CHARITY coin. The automatic donation with every transaction is the whole point, so there should NOT be a wallet that does not have the feature built in. Otherwise the coin has no point to it whatsoever.

LOL -- REALLY?  Of course it's a charity coin -- but don't you think people should be able to set or control WHERE that donation is made?

What you should ACTUALLY be concerned about is whether or not charities can obtain any value from it?

This coin, just like every other coin, MUST SOLVE A PROBLEM to be relevant.

Bittrex: The perpetually perilous position proves my point perfectly (say that 3x fast)

WHO EXACTLY is buying the coin?  And for what purposes?

No, I don't think you should be able to decide to change the whole concept of the coin. The whole point was that there would be one central charity wallet which receives a 0.1% automatic donation from every transaction, and that those funds would periodically be sold for BTC to donate to water charities, thus putting the coins back into circulation to enable them to raise more funds. Which I think is a great concept, and we finally have a stable and working wallet which does just that.

This coin, without that feature, is not a charity coin. It is just a coin named after a cause. The use and circulation of the coin would provide no guaranteed charitable donations, just like any other coin. I posted a link a while back to a news story about Doge being donated to a water charity. You can use any coin you like to donate to charity FFS. You ask should people be able to "set and control" where the donation is made? They can - by donating directly to whatever charity they choose, in Dollars or Pounds or Yen or BTC or LTC or whatever they like. By choosing to support CWC they are consciously making the choice to support the water charities that this coin is affiliated with. (Through the official Not for Profit organisation that was set up for just that purpose.)

The real problem is that much more promotion and exposure is needed to get the coin talked about and used. We need some companies who are willing to accept CWC as payment, we need facebook campaigns, we need a faucet, we need the official website to be updated ASAP, we need the official exchange (as described on the official website) to be set up. etc. etc. etc.

It has taken long enough to get the wallet sorted out and working correctly so I really don't think there should be any thought about removing features which are intrinsic to its whole concept. I have messaged Zach and he tells me he has moved recently and has been without internet - he works at a marketing and design company ( www.brightoak.com ) so I look forward to his amazing marketing plans which I really hope he will share here with us all shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
Question: Is the wallet currently taking small amounts of every transaction and sending it to the charity address, or has that been disabled?

I believe for the Windows and Linux wallets it goes to whatever address Costas put in there (see above) -- the Mac wallet which is a straight re-compile with a few fixes to get it to actually build includes the https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit address included.

-dvd

This is a CHARITY coin. The automatic donation with every transaction is the whole point, so there should NOT be a wallet that does not have the feature built in. Otherwise the coin has no point to it whatsoever.

LOL -- REALLY?  Of course it's a charity coin -- but don't you think people should be able to set or control WHERE that donation is made?

What you should ACTUALLY be concerned about is whether or not charities can obtain any value from it?

This coin, just like every other coin, MUST SOLVE A PROBLEM to be relevant.

Bittrex: The perpetually perilous position proves my point perfectly (say that 3x fast)

WHO EXACTLY is buying the coin?  And for what purposes?

-dvd

legendary

I believe for the Windows and Linux wallets it goes to whatever address Zach had put in there (see above) -- the Mac wallet which is a straight re-compile with a few fixes to get it to actually build includes the https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit address included.

Whatever automatic donation function is included is at Zach's direction IMHO.

-dvd
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

Bittrex:

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 3rd unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC."
legendary

Thanks.

Just transferred 1000 coins and the donation was 1 coin.

Here's a screenshot of a transaction I just did.

Super cool!  And you can already see that transaction on

https://doabitofgood.com/Bit4Bit

How's that for transparency!?!

Thank you for helping test the Mac OS X wallet that we built for the community.

-dvd
Activity: 308
EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

Thanks TheLittleDuke, how much is the donation amount?

You know?  I don't recall for sure -- its whatever Mindfox has hardcoded in there for whatever address he setup....

All I did was change the the destination for our effort getting the Mac wallet to compile and distribute

(modifying binary .dylibs is not my idea of fun btw)

I can scan the code to see what he had in mind for you np!

-dvd

Thanks I appreciate it.
I believe the community will appreciate the transparency as well.

Regards

In main.h we find:

Code:
#define CHARITY_ADDRESS "5anJYFYW7npP4MyNaAtzTLb5ek2Lxgyb7d" // Cleanwatercoin Charity Address
static const int64 CHARITY_DEFAULT_AMOUNT = 100 * COIN;  // Default amount of Charity sent

We changed the CHARITY_ADDRESS to our https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit matching donor fund

5giverhUM5CCtQmvFRLzpYSCgEjwysC5Va

We also believe in 110% transparency so feel free ask ask me anything :-)

-dvd

Thanks.

Just transferred 1000 coins and the donation was 1 coin.

Here's a screenshot of a transaction I just did.

legendary

You know?  I don't recall for sure -- its whatever Mindfox has hardcoded in there for whatever address he setup....

All I did was change the the destination for our effort getting the Mac wallet to compile and distribute

-dvd

Thanks I appreciate it.

Regards

In main.h we find:

Code:
#define CHARITY_ADDRESS "5anJYFYW7npP4MyNaAtzTLb5ek2Lxgyb7d" // Cleanwatercoin Charity Address
static const int64 CHARITY_DEFAULT_AMOUNT = 100 * COIN;  // Default amount of Charity sent

We changed the CHARITY_ADDRESS to our https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit matching donor fund

5giverhUM5CCtQmvFRLzpYSCgEjwysC5Va

We also believe in 110% transparency so feel free ask ask me anything :-)

-dvd

You know?  I don't recall for sure -- its whatever Mindfox has hardcoded in there for whatever address he setup....

-dvd

Thanks I appreciate it.

Regards
legendary

-dvd
Hey all!
Been away from crypto for several months (took the summer off).

How's CWC doing?
Is there a new mac wallet I should use?
Who's running the show now?

Hope to see some responses and some sign of a strong community! Smiley

Thanks!

Here's a link to a Mac wallet generated by Strength in Numbers Foundation --

https://www.dropbox.com/s/713nw2ynk4cqt61/CleanWaterCoin.dmg.zip?dl=0

The default donation goes to the WATER account on https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit

-dvd

legendary
Hey all!

How's CWC doing?

Thanks!

Here's a link to a Mac wallet generated by Strength in Numbers Foundation --

https://www.dropbox.com/s/713nw2ynk4cqt61/CleanWaterCoin.dmg.zip?dl=0

The default donation goes to the WATER account on https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit

-dvd
Hey all!

How's CWC doing?

Thanks!

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I can reach it without a problem Smiley

I have had reports that some people think the https://doabitofgood.com website is down or offline

I just had our ISP reset our firewall rules and am curious if you could check to see if you can see the site?

Trying to see where the problem is between HOST - ISP - CLOUDFLARE

Thanks for checking!

-dvd
legendary

I have had reports that some people think the https://doabitofgood.com website is down or offline

I just had our ISP reset our firewall rules and am curious if you could check to see if you can see the site?

Trying to see where the problem is between HOST - ISP - CLOUDFLARE

Thanks for checking!

-dvd
legendary
Hi Zach.. it's been some time..  hope all is well..    Several day ago I sent a small amout of WATER to Bittrex with no issue.  I tried to send a larger amount after that and it's sitting in wallet with no confirmations on it's way out.   And coins have not made it to Bittrex..

here is 1st transaction: Status: 547 confirmations
Date: 9/11/2014 20:37
To: (charity) 5anJYFYW7npP4MyNaAtzTLb5ek2Lxgyb7d
Debit: -0.047 WATER
To: 5Zttz4S7owHWQWcjcwsHwNEpWPKMHZyAe8
Debit: -47.00 WATER
Transaction fee: -0.01 WATER
Net amount: -47.057 WATER
Transaction ID: 3406e8cdff02990d247e7a7173728c44f780b98ca9cc75686c02d56d7d5283d7

and here is 2nd::  Status: 0/unconfirmed
Date: 9/11/2014 21:21
Debit: -820000.00 WATER
Net amount: -819999.671247 WATER
Transaction ID: e5f3a4fab423c9ede72fa6c247a52970fe634ff33977d3b5d850f9d2be020f78

has anyone had a similar issue..   any help here is appreciated.. e

A while back I had trouble with a wallet where I had received payments that remained unconfirmed.  I fixed this by saving out all the public and private addresses and reloading all the coins from all the addresses into a new wallet.  I tried using “repairWallet” at first but it did not work so I think I used “dumprivkey” but you should try searching the net for good advice there could be an easer way.  If you get it fixed I would try sending in smaller amounts – I think I remember someone having an issue at some point with larger transaction amounts but I thought this got fixed by version 1.8.0.0. (I never personally experienced any problems with this)

The other issue would be to make certain that the coins are actually valid -- and not coins built up on a broken chain and would likely be ORPHANS.

Backup the wallet and rebuild the block chain from scratch.  When done you can do a "repairwallet" operation in the console to recover the valid coins.

-dvd
Activity: 371
Hi Zach.. it's been some time..  hope all is well..    Several day ago I sent a small amout of WATER to Bittrex with no issue.  I tried to send a larger amount after that and it's sitting in wallet with no confirmations on it's way out.   And coins have not made it to Bittrex..

Transaction ID: 3406e8cdff02990d247e7a7173728c44f780b98ca9cc75686c02d56d7d5283d7

Transaction ID: e5f3a4fab423c9ede72fa6c247a52970fe634ff33977d3b5d850f9d2be020f78

A while back I had trouble with a wallet where I had received payments that remained unconfirmed.  I fixed this by saving out all the public and private addresses and reloading all the coins from all the addresses into a new wallet.  I tried using “repairWallet” at first but it did not work so I think I used “dumprivkey” but you should try searching the net for good advice there could be an easer way.  If you get it fixed I would try sending in smaller amounts – I think I remember someone having an issue at some point with larger transaction amounts but I thought this got fixed by version 1.8.0.0. (I never personally experienced any problems with this)
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Whas up with this on bittrex massive selling did i miss something?
legendary

I have had issues sending out of Bittrex once or twice -- that's a lot of water -- probably with a lot of inputs if you haven't done other consolidations before

-dvd
Pages:
Jump to: