Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 11. (Read 195670 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

Good stuff David! Grin Grin

THANKS!  Happy to help.

The whole experience however re-affirms my belief that some consideration should be given to adding support for an Electrum style wallet service.

To that end doabitofgood.com will be spinning up an indexing node this week to begin getting familiar with it in the Bitcoin/Litecoin context as part of an exploratory plan to implement it as the de facto model for 2GIVE (aka Givecoin 2.0) -- so whatever we learn out of that will absolutely be available to CWC.

On the PR side you should ABSOLUTELY look at making some grand gesture/overture to the BitGive Foundation -- they like clean water and a GRANT would not go unnoticed ;-)

Let me know if you need Connie's contact info?

-dvd
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
doabitofgood.com is thrilled to demonstrate the first successful Clean Water Coin Mac OS X wallet fully sync'd and evidence of a first transaction!

Good stuff David! Grin Grin
legendary
doabitofgood.com is thrilled to demonstrate the first successful Clean Water Coin Mac OS X wallet fully sync'd and evidence of a first transaction!

legendary
I've been poking at Clean Water Action too.  I give every year to them and will likely test the waters with making a CWC donation to get their attention.

-dvd
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Really loving the idea, I'd definitely throw some coins at it.

Would be so cool if water.org could incorporate cwc somehow. They even have a good reason to do so.

Endless potential.
Activity: 175
Matt Damon would like to say "Thank You" to us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXY2QKarWE4

Seriously though, we need to get charities like water.org involved and using WATER - how about a tipbot that we can use to promote to the supporters of water charities like this one?
legendary
Haha, thanks for the link YouIsPeng.

Bittrex removed the "market in danger of delisting" sign, so the wallet will probably soon be activated again.

Bittrex Wallet is active again woo hoo!

Now that the wallet is stable, will MintPal be listing WATER soon? Zach, have you spoken to them recently? Is their promise to list us once the wallet is fixed still valid?

The last time I spoke to Jason was a little over a month ago, so now that we have safely navigated into just PoS, I will reach out to them and other exchanges and continually try to expand this community -- far beyond just BCT.

"Clean Water" is one of the potential themes for the EXPO2023 Worlds Fair

http://expo2023.info

And we are going to bring up CWC as a possible coin for their supporters to support as part of that bid
Activity: 196

Bittrex removed the "market in danger of delisting" sign, so the wallet will probably soon be activated again.

Now that the wallet is stable, will MintPal be listing WATER soon? Zach, have you spoken to them recently? Is their promise to list us once the wallet is fixed still valid?

The last time I spoke to Jason was a little over a month ago, so now that we have safely navigated into just PoS, I will reach out to them and other exchanges and continually try to expand this community -- far beyond just BCT.

Matt Damon would like to say "Thank You" to us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXY2QKarWE4
Even though CWC should be driven by the community, I'd still like to see more frequent updates and some long-term plans for CWC.

iirc, isn't Matt Damon big on the forefront forefront of a clean water charity organization?

Would be awesome if someone as profiled as him would tweet about CWC, as BTC holders are an "untapped"(?) source of charity-money for clean water.

Of course, I have a decent amount of CWC atm. Regardlessly, I'm still thinking of ways to assist CWC for the greater good.

Focusing on charity, and showing some results is the only way the coin will take-off. (Obviously - Doh)

+1

Zach Mettra (founder of Clean Water Coin) works at a Marketing and Design firm so I'm sure he has many plans for promotion of WATER. Hopefully he'll be sharing them with us soon!

Matt Damon is the co-founder of water.org - a recent viral video the "Ice Bucket Challenge" has been raising awareness which you can see here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlGhuud-s4w
Even though CWC should be driven by the community, I'd still like to see more frequent updates and some long-term plans for CWC.

iirc, isn't Matt Damon big on the forefront forefront of a clean water charity organization?

Would be awesome if someone as profiled as him would tweet about CWC, as BTC holders are an "untapped"(?) source of charity-money for clean water.

Of course, I have a decent amount of CWC atm. Regardlessly, I'm still thinking of ways to assist CWC for the greater good.

Focusing on charity, and showing some results is the only way the coin will take-off. (Obviously - Doh)
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
I'm not sure how POS works exactly when it comes to staking...but I have a question:

My wallet has been saying "Expected time to earn rewards is 4 minutes"...it's been displaying that for several hours.

My question is, it this number even remotely accurate?  Or is there something wrong with my wallet staking?

Not a huge deal, was just curious.
Block 150000 has come and gone so I assume we are now POS only. Anyone have any idea when Bittrex will be un-disabling the wallet?
legendary
Thank you sir.....I know that was said somewhere but couldn't find it:-)

LOL - no one calls me "Sir" :-)

I'm just a guy trying to leave the campsite better than I found it <3

The word was sent out on the #1 link on this thread

Hopefully the attacks will end when we hit POS only block..

-dvd
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Thank you sir.....I know that was said somewhere but couldn't find it:-)
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
What block does POW end at?
Pages:
Jump to: