Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 91. (Read 195717 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
The windows wallet needs to be updated.
It can only sync to block 8499.
Please be patience.
It will be fixed after the dev waking up.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

Compile will be up in a few hours, wallet guy is at his day job.
Activity: 269

Who knows how much of that is in people's hands. And I feel you about hashing.at, lost myself coins there mined after the block 7000 fork. As they are still down, I cannot even withdraw the pre-7000 block coins that I see I have there. Beautiful.

People have been warned over, and over, and over, about hashing.at.  They have forked many coins now, losing TONS of $$ and coins for people.  The admin does not know what he is doing.

If you mine this coin, or any new coins at hashing.at, be prepared to lose more.  It's just their track record.  Want to know how he responds to it?  Search this forum for "fork" and you'll see Numan calling everyone "fags" and other bad words.  Because of this, he is now blacklisted as a scampool.  Even when the devs asked him to stop his pool because he was on a fork, he responded to the devs with vulgar statements and continued to have people waste their time hashing on hashing.at  .  He just doesn't care.  He also used lies to cover up lies.  

EXCELLENT TO KNOW!!!

I had no idea and got reamed very hard on his pool. I could sense his responses were BS, but kept it civil as I was hoping things could be worked out.

Thanks for that, now I know to NEVER USE ANY OF HIS POOLS EVER AGAIN.

Wink
Activity: 635
Merit: 500

"The dev"? Like in a single person (I guess cryptowest) trying to fix this mess? A developer can be brilliant, but when s/he has to do the work of multiple people with stress for good measure added, mistakes are certain to follow. No wonder that we are where we are. @CleanWaterCoin needs to get this person help fast. Nobody will want to be involved with this coin long term if it is perceived that it cannot fix its code.

I have nothing but respect for cryptowest and the team.

However they really need to address some critical things that have stopped me from hosting it on dedicatedpool.  The 15k transfer bug has been devastating for this coin.

That bug was fixed in the latest release.....if you are running linux you shouldn't be having any problems at all after the 8500 block. If you are using windows, you'll have to wait until a recompile is done from the same source.

That said, I believe there is still an issue for transactions greater than 10 million, Bittrex mentioned it in IRC but cryptowest was already afk.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

"The dev"? Like in a single person (I guess cryptowest) trying to fix this mess? A developer can be brilliant, but when s/he has to do the work of multiple people with stress for good measure added, mistakes are certain to follow. No wonder that we are where we are. @CleanWaterCoin needs to get this person help fast. Nobody will want to be involved with this coin long term if it is perceived that it cannot fix its code.

I have nothing but respect for cryptowest and the team.

However they really need to address some critical things that have stopped me from hosting it on dedicatedpool.  The 15k transfer bug has been devastating for this coin.

Activity: 635
From what I understand, the only "problem" right now is someone needs to compile a windows wallet from the latest github source. If the linux version is running fine from that same source, only a recompile for windows is needed.

The fork at 8500 worked smoothly and the linux wallet is running fine.
Activity: 265
Merit: 119
Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

Who knows how much of that is in people's hands. And I feel you about hashing.at, lost myself coins there mined after the block 7000 fork. As they are still down, I cannot even withdraw the pre-7000 block coins that I see I have there. Beautiful.

People have been warned over, and over, and over, about hashing.at.  They have forked many coins now, losing TONS of $$ and coins for people.  The admin does not know what he is doing.

If you mine this coin, or any new coins at hashing.at, be prepared to lose more.  It's just their track record.  Want to know how he responds to it?  Search this forum for "fork" and you'll see Numan calling everyone "fags" and other bad words.  Because of this, he is now blacklisted as a scampool.  Even when the devs asked him to stop his pool because he was on a fork, he responded to the devs with vulgar statements and continued to have people waste their time hashing on hashing.at  .  He just doesn't care.  He also used lies to cover up lies.  

Thanks binary. You get burned and you learn. Hopefully, he will do the right thing and allow people to get their remaining coins.
Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

Activity: 770
Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.
Activity: 168
Please be patience.

Activity: 269
Wokeup to this message on my wallet.

"WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers."

This is with the latest windows wallet named "[Megafileupload]cleanwatercoin-qt_8500fork"

WTF???
Activity: 196
Anyone know when dedicatedpool comes out of maintenance. All my coins are on that pool, whatever little bit I managed to mine.
Activity: 378
Embrace change
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
@Block 8653 - running latest wallet, on correct fork - need more hash!

MineP.it WATER Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://water.minep.it:3349 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

@Introvert.....I have suggested this more than once and never got any type of reply.

I think they have just two options:

1. Give back the PLC money to the investors and let the coin die, or..
2. Do as we both have suggested and use the PLC BTC to buy up all these dumped coins and get prices stabilized.

Some would think giving the PLC BTC to the charity would be option 3, but it isn't really an option at all. The investors did so to get a viable coin with a decent ROI. They did NOT donate to charity. If donating to charity was their intent, they could have done so directly.

I agree with you and would like to go for option 2, and I really don't care about 1. I am definitely willing to hear any other ideas that the Dev Team might have in due time.

Thank you for your involvement and support of this coin!

I thought that was a good idea the first time you suggested it. The devs can turn the IPO in to a MUCH bigger IPO buy buying millions of the inflationary coins cheap to drive up price due to more limited supply.

So yeah, buy up most of the WATER with the IPO and let it start staking while they do the things they were already going to do. Stake would be pretty massive.

They only got about 20 BTC.
Just assume the price can go up to 10 times, 80 sat, although I think it is too hopeful.
It is still far from the original price, ~300 sat.
Also we need other supporters for the price in order to make it stable.  Undecided

The market now values all WATER issued at 47 BTC (470M WATER * 10 satoshi). The dev team holds capital of 20+ BTC against that market cap. That is pretty sizable coverage of over 40% and they can be a big market player at this capitalization if they wish. Now, nobody says they need to burn all PLC BTC for this. But, in my view, they need to buy enough to stabilize the price of the coin, regain control as much as possible and use part or all of it to build up the community. I am sure the Dev Team didn't think they would need to engage in "market manipulation", but that is a cost of this mistake.

Nobody should expect to see 200-300 satoshi fast with this number of coins. Only with building up and support of the community we might get there eventually, and that's not guaranteed.

Probably 40 percent of the coins that were mined from block 7000-8000 were orphaned because hashing.at (who had the most hashing power) forked.  Some of the coins mined on suchpool didn't make it to miners wallets either. Those coins are gone forever. So, actually there are alot less than 470M water in circulation right now. Who knows the actual number though. I would guess about 300M.. maybe less.

I totally agree.

I lost nearly a half million at hashing.at and couple hundred K more at suchpool.pw

To be fair, I lost way more than I received from either pool.

I also really think the 470m figure is grossly overstated.

Is there a way to determine exactly how many coins are out there?

In the absence of a working block explorer, the best answer I can offer comes from the console of the windows wallet which is currently stuck at block 8499:

"moneysupply" : 472698603.76070100

Activity: 206
love WATER, hope more and more promotions will coming soon.
Updated Wallet: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/516628/cleanwatercoin-qt-8500fork-zip.html

1. DELETE blockchain, rename exe to cleanwatercoin.exe, addnode=173.209.34.2 in .conf
2. %appdata%/cleanwatercoin
3. DELETE everything BUT DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT

the newest wallet is not  working, stopping  at block 8,499.
oh, god, can you really fix it pls ?

+1  no answer? also block explorer is not available

+1 Wallet is definitely stuck on block 8499 even after complete blockchain resync. This needs fixing pronto!
Only for windows wallets, linux is going nice over that 8499 without problems.

Thank you for correcting me, I updated my post to refer to Windows only.
yes, give my IPO BTC back . now who will mine it ?  no profit! but lose eletric power cost!

Initial public offering (IPO) or stock market launch is a type of public offering where shares of stock in a company are sold to the general public, on a securities exchange, for the first time. Through this process, a private company transforms into a public company. Initial public offerings are used by companies to raise expansion capital, to possibly monetize the investments of early private investors, and to become publicly traded enterprises. A company selling shares is never required to repay the capital to its public investors.

Guys, when you invest in something like this you're taking a risk. That's the very nature of it.
If it was a case of "make a profit, or your money back" then everyone would do it. But everyone doesn't do it... because it's risky. Because stuff like this happens - and you don't always make your money back, never mind make a profit. You all need to stop crying about it and move on.

And stop sending money to random people on the internet and then throwing a hissy fit because they won't give you it back.
I agree with your points. BUT.
The information about the coin is not 100% or even 50% match to the reality.
YES, the investors should understand all the things about the coin before they invest in.
BUT the reality does not match their understanding.  Undecided
Actually non of us expect this result.

You cannot expect anything else but FUD when the dev team has stopped communicating to us here. There is absolutely nobody that is trying to do any damage control related to people's perceptions. You are trying, but you do not have enough information. I understand they are trying to save a sinking ship, but I am certain that not all of them (or whatever has remained of them) are needed on freenode to fix problems.

This coin has the stigma of incompetence that it has to get rid off. The technology related one has been on display and nobody can deny it. I am suprised at the communications one which is becoming evident. I am also surprised that nobody on the team understands they have everything to lose from shutting us out of information in case they were ever serious about developing this coin. It is perfectly understandable how someone would feel scammed at this point. There have stopped talking to us while ago. We will find out soon enough whether it was by design or they are just completely overwhelmed and inexperienced in treating crises situations.
Pages:
Jump to: