Pages:
Author

Topic: done - page 3. (Read 19790 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
December 07, 2012, 03:35:29 PM
anyone would help me to fund my business?

Maybe you should repost the part how you plan to do it from the German section here.

Also a small business plan would do wonders.

And like I said, I give you 10BTC when your plan to make a Bitcoin Taxi becomes feasible.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
December 05, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.

Yeah, that's the part that seems fishy.  There is more likely more to this story than he's sharing, IMHO.

No I was just lazy.

"Dear Boss i want to accept bitcoins as payment in your taxi".

What would my boss say? " what is bitcoins? explain it but i dont have more then 2 minutes"

he wouldn  understand what the hell bitcoins is. And there are no national laws about "bitcoins" so it would be impossible for his accounting to manage the bitcoin in/output. So I did it by myself.

Let's do a mind trick. Replace bitcoins with dollars. Would your boss still fire you if you accepted dollar bills in your taxi as payment?
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
December 05, 2012, 11:52:35 PM
Are you sure your city isn't issuing licenses? Have you asked yourself or did someone just tell you? I've run into quite a few people who are misinformed about local rules, regulations, policies, etc.

When you say buying an existing license from another taxi business costs 35,000 USD, is that for the license only, or for the customers as well?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
December 05, 2012, 11:38:57 PM
all this talk about whats legal and what isn't, who cares. Law, from the perspective of the morally concerned individual, is at best completely frivolous. One should do what is right even if it is illegal and should refrain from doing what is wrong even if it is legal.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
December 05, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
But now I am workless because of bitcoins.

No, you are jobless because you did a stupid. The same would have happened if you had started accepting precious metals or US dollars without getting the OK.

Take it as a life lesson, and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
December 05, 2012, 08:25:25 PM
Goto the media and make it a big story. Then ask for donation to open a 1st ever bitcoin accepting Taxi. It will bring international attention and your boss will go out of business.

Then make love to his wife. Steal his children. Then you win.

I cant go to media, because he had a legal reason to kick me.

That never stopped anyone here. 
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
December 05, 2012, 06:50:45 PM
Can't do that here, not without at least clearing it with his primary employer. This is grounds for immediate termination and no court of labor law is likely to side with him here.

Is "here" in your statement above Germany, or at least in the EU? There's no way it would be grounds for immediate termination of an employee in my country.

Germany.
Activity: 530
December 05, 2012, 06:40:11 PM
Can't do that here, not without at least clearing it with his primary employer. This is grounds for immediate termination and no court of labor law is likely to side with him here.

Is "here" in your statement above Germany, or at least in the EU? There's no way it would be grounds for immediate termination of an employee in my country.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 05, 2012, 04:53:08 PM
If something goes wrong the employer can be sued as he holds the insurance. Open your own business and pay your own insurance and dont bludge off your employers network and business costs.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
December 05, 2012, 04:47:14 PM
I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins.

Here's the problem: he was engaging in a secondary business (as a coin exchange) on company time. Can't do that here, not without at least clearing it with his primary employer. This is grounds for immediate termination and no court of labor law is likely to side with him here.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
December 05, 2012, 04:36:24 PM
because i exchanged the received bitcoins to € and give my boss just €.

Then I do not see any legal reasons your boss might have for firing you over accepting bitcoins. Basically what you did never showed up in his/her administration and accounting.

I've paid cab fares in the wrong currency a few times (I'm a frequent traveller). I'm quite sure those drivers weren't fired, and happily accepted the bonus I paid on the exchange rate.

Sorry for losing your job, but I suspect there's more to the story.

You don't seem to understand. He lost his job by putting a "Bitcoin accepted sticker" on the taxi, which was not his property.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
December 05, 2012, 04:29:50 PM

Then I do not see any legal reasons your boss might have for firing you over accepting bitcoins. Basically what you did never showed up in his/her administration and accounting.

I've paid cab fares in the wrong currency a few times (I'm a frequent traveller). I'm quite sure those drivers weren't fired, and happily accepted the bonus I paid on the exchange rate.

+1 This ^
Activity: 530
December 05, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

legendary
December 05, 2012, 01:57:23 PM
This forum is full is horrible, horrible human beings.

Right you judging us makes you not "horrible"?

You are an idiot.

Go plaster your landlord's apartment/home with bitcoin and see what he does.

LOL
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
December 05, 2012, 06:59:16 AM
First: Seems fishy. Even though you state you couldn't have explained it to your boss, who in their right mind would start accepting a virtual currency, probably never known to him, that fluxuates without permission? I'm not dissing Bitcoin, I think it's wonderful, but without proper planning it's stupid.

Second: If you are telling the truth, would the government be able to crack down on a Bitcoin-only Taxi? Especially if you use a mixer.

Third: How would you have exchanged BTC in a taxi? They must have been pretty Bitcoin-knowledgable to utilise something such as QR Code Bitcoin Notes, because i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had a laptop with BitPay on 24/7.

Tell us the full story, or take matters into your own hands. It seems fabricated, or you are hiding something.

I used the mtgox mobile app and calculated the  price in btc.

There is a button "Transfer"  this generates a QR code and other people can scan it and send a payment. But must customers were just buying bitcoins. I gave them a paper wallet from  https://www.bitaddress.org/

I see, but can you answer my first question?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 05, 2012, 05:19:39 AM
This forum is full is horrible, horrible human beings.
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
December 05, 2012, 01:24:37 AM
You lost your job for being an idiot.
legendary
December 05, 2012, 01:18:56 AM
Please overread my sentences and give me a pn with a correction.

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.

You are out of a job because you are irresponsible, not because of bitcoin.

FUCK YOU.

Ignore list being the asshole who shits on a person who was unjustly fired.

NO THANK YOU. I'M NOT GAY.

Boo hoo man. How is this thread in anyway related to "service discussion"?

This thread should be moved to the pussies, wimps, and retards subforum.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
December 04, 2012, 08:02:04 PM
@Rudd-O: Thanks, you were just reading my mind (even though candoo's behaviour is debatable and I wouldn't dare to word it like that)

And thanks to candoo for being so keen and accepting bitcoins Smiley Also cheer up! Can send Haribos to you if you want!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2012, 07:58:54 PM

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.

Yeah, that's the part that seems fishy.  There is more likely more to this story than he's sharing, IMHO.

No I was just lazy.

"Dear Boss i want to accept bitcoins as payment in your taxi".

What would my boss say? " what is bitcoins? explain it but i dont have more then 2 minutes"

he wouldn  understand what the hell bitcoins is. And there are no national laws about "bitcoins" so it would be impossible for his accounting to manage the bitcoin in/output. So I did it by myself.

Were these fares for which you were accepting BTC on the meter?  If they weren't then your boss had every reason to fire you.  If they were then you needed to be giving your boss a written record of those fares at the end of each shift and giving him his portion in the same manner he gets his cut for normal fares (here it's in cash at the end of each shift).

This isn't really any different than if you had decided to accept any other payment method not accepted by your boss - PayPal, Square, Pogs, Zimbabwean currency, whatever.  You still needed to be recording everything accurately, giving him copies of your records, and giving him the cash owed to him in the normal manner.

While it's not "impossible" for him to deal with the accounting issues, there's really no reason why he should feel obligated to do so and it would have been reasonable for him to charge an extra fee for any additional administrative burden created by you accepting Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: