Pages:
Author

Topic: done - page 4. (Read 19790 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 04, 2012, 07:42:18 PM
Start traficking drugs. It's basically the same job for a better wage.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 04, 2012, 07:34:43 PM
Please overread my sentences and give me a pn with a correction.

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.

You are out of a job because you are irresponsible, not because of bitcoin.

FUCK YOU.

Ignore list being the asshole who shits on a person who was unjustly fired.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
December 04, 2012, 02:52:21 PM
First: Seems fishy. Even though you state you couldn't have explained it to your boss, who in their right mind would start accepting a virtual currency, probably never known to him, that fluxuates without permission? I'm not dissing Bitcoin, I think it's wonderful, but without proper planning it's stupid.

Second: If you are telling the truth, would the government be able to crack down on a Bitcoin-only Taxi? Especially if you use a mixer.

Third: How would you have exchanged BTC in a taxi? They must have been pretty Bitcoin-knowledgable to utilise something such as QR Code Bitcoin Notes, because i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had a laptop with BitPay on 24/7.

Tell us the full story, or take matters into your own hands. It seems fabricated, or you are hiding something.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 04, 2012, 12:48:50 PM

I may try to get a loan from the bank to buy his license and car. But iam not sure about it. Beeing self employed is a lot of woork! But it would be cool to promote bitcoins with it.  I could advertise with door covers (image -> http://www.taxiwerbung-europe.com/upload/meine_bilder/werbearten/taxi_doorcover01.jpg ) +

#freemoney. Yes  I have a loots of customers so I have to solve this problem quick. A lot customers call me directly on my mobile phone

Then negotiate with the guy who is selling his license for a final price, conditional on your abliity to secure a business loan, write up a business plan (there are simple examples online that you could adapt in an hour) and take it to the business branch of your bank.  Show them your conditional agreement, your business plan (no need to mention bitcoin, that would just muddle the waters) and your history as a cab driver.  Be quick about it.

Ill try but I dont think that the bank would give me such a big loan.

If the bank doesn't want to give you the loan, you could write up a bond for one of the exchanges: cryptostocks, btct.co, MPEx, etc. This should be an obvious way to get funding for a business which accepts bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
December 04, 2012, 12:02:01 PM

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.

Yeah, that's the part that seems fishy.  There is more likely more to this story than he's sharing, IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
December 04, 2012, 11:59:50 AM

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.

You are out of a job because you are irresponsible, not because of bitcoin.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
December 04, 2012, 11:58:54 AM
I cant go to media, because he had a legal reason to kick me.

(disclaimer: I'm not German, but I am European)

I don't see what the legal reason would be from your posts. You seem to have been an employed Taxi driver, but the car was owned by someone else (with a license). That's the normal setup in my country as well. As long as you're charging the proper fare, turning in the receipts etc you have done nothing contractually wrong towards the owner.

Vague "cannot trust" statements without having given warnings, followup and proven mismanagement on your part do indeed sound as wrongful dismissal. That said, maybe you weren't a salaried driver but on some sort of contract where you yourself is a registered company?

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
I dont think that anyone would give me a loan here.

The  prices regulated by the city are 1,60 € per kilometre and 2,80 "basic fee"

The avarage income per kilometre is 1,20 € here. So that means If  I drive 200 kilometres a day i would earn  240€.  A "minicar" or "mietwagen" suxs because you cant  pick people up at the trainstation etc. This would reduce the avarage per kilometre a lot. So i need a cab license...

My volume last months was about 5600€  but If i buy a license with my own car i would just drive from 5.30 am to 4 pm. I would hire a driver for the night. That means the volume of my taxi would be  about 8.000 to 9.000€ per months. The driver would get 45% of HIS volume.

How much do you spend on gas?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
December 04, 2012, 11:31:35 AM
Whenever I'm in Germany, your my new cab driver. License or not.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
December 04, 2012, 07:33:03 AM
I would not earn enaugh as a unlicensed taxi. Because I couldnt wait at the train station for customers..

Maybe U could using some location apps. When your clients book a ride you could agree to locate them with such apps on their smartphones, so to take them "on the fly" with no need for you to wait anywhere specifically. You would probably need a website or at least maybe a twitter account for that.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
December 04, 2012, 04:51:29 AM
Hay, why don't you try to make a Minicar company.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mietwagen_mit_Fahrer_%28Deutschland%29

Getting this licensed should be easier than Taxis + you can use any tipe of car.

Also you don't have the payment restrictions like Taxis have (Taxometer), and don't have the restrictions to drive everywhere you customer want. So you could make it for a fixed prize and in a fixed area. For example 10€ a drive to anywhere in your city.

Or special pic up service in the evening, like: "I pick you up at home and drop you off at the club for 5€".

Only thing is you are not allowed to charge per person, whoever calls you rents your complete car for the drive.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
December 04, 2012, 04:35:14 AM

Be glad the market isn't as fucked by the government as it is in San Francisco.  A medallion (license) goes for about 350K dollars.

About 190K Euro in Paris or wait for 17 years to get one for free Wink

http://www.licence-taxi.fr/prix-licence-de-taxi.php
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
December 04, 2012, 04:28:36 AM
BOOOO!!!

I seem to recall Stephen Fry talking about operating an unlicensed taxi. He could pick up/drop off people at will, accept gratuity, and according to Google, be exempt from some traffic citations, just as long as he didn't run an actual business.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
December 04, 2012, 03:06:57 AM
I would be highly tempted to be an unlicensed taxi, but I understand the risk would be fines and such.

Are there other ways to offer rides to customers with non-traditional vehicles? Are the restrictions specific on type? (Four wheels, car versus 3-wheel 'trikes' used in asia)

If I had no way to provide for myself, I'd risk the fine and just have people pay me in bitcoins, sending me addresses via a website or mobile app.

I would not earn enaugh as a unlicensed taxi. Because I couldnt wait at the train station for customers..

Well, that's the point -- not being a 'typical' taxi. You wouldn't have to depend on a chokepoint in transit to offer your services. There is a risk of course - being found out, but then again - maybe you are just a generous stranger picking up people when they need a ride Smiley

Sorry to hear about your troubles, it is things like this that irritate me about regulation in governments.
December 03, 2012, 08:56:13 PM
I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis.
rofl the state doesnt restrict the number of taxies in a city because it is benevolent and protecting you from the danger of having to many taxies. They do it because taxi cab drivers unionize and lobby the government in order to restrict supply. They do this because the law of supply and demand states that if you hold supply artificially low while demand remains constant it leads to higher prices (or in this case higher salaries for taxi cab drivers)

No, its protected in my city because we have population of 100.000 and 75 taxis. That is quite enaugh most of them still wait 40 minutes to get a customer

"Enough"?  No way that's fucking enough -- that's what we call a shortage of taxis.

Bravo government and unintended consequences: a man loses his job because of all the government-monopoly leverage that his employer has, while everyone else gets to wait 40 minutes for a stupid cab.

Iam sorry this is a misunderstanding. The driver waits about 40 minutes to get a customers. we have 1.2 customers per hour.
Most of the taxis have gps so they are at the customer after 5-10 minutes.

Then that's a glut of taxis in the city -- which is just the other side of the coin of taxi shortages.  Also produced by government.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
December 03, 2012, 08:54:02 PM
I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis.
rofl the state doesnt restrict the number of taxies in a city because it is benevolent and protecting you from the danger of having to many taxies. They do it because taxi cab drivers unionize and lobby the government in order to restrict supply. They do this because the law of supply and demand states that if you hold supply artificially low while demand remains constant it leads to higher prices (or in this case higher salaries for taxi cab drivers)

No, its protected in my city because we have population of 100.000 and 75 taxis. That is quite enaugh most of them still wait 40 minutes to get a customer

you would use a gun to force them to accept the number of taxies that you feel is right? who are you to decide how many is "quite enough"? maybe people want more?

And what do you mean protected? the government is protecting you from having to many taxies? please explain to me the danger associated with having 76 taxies instead of 75.

If everyone could get a license there would be ~140 taxis instead of 75. And that  doenst work because the number of customers would be the same. So we would have to wait 3 hours to get a customer..

the number of taxies will increase until it becomes no longer profitable to operate a taxi service than the total number of taxies will either stop increasing or decrease. This happens naturally in a market with out government intervention because you as a taxi driver will only be willing to operate a taxi service if such a line of work offers you a better opportunity than other alternatives i.e. working in the factory next door. The longer the wait between customers the more attractive the alternative offers become. Eventually it becomes no longer in the interest of entrepreneurs to start new taxi services and this happens at what we call the market clearing price. This optimal number of taxies is ultimately determined by the preferences of consumers in relation to how much they are willing to pay extra in order to have to wait less time. That is to say if customers were willing to pay twice as much than you would likely be ok with waiting 3 hours, if they were willing to pay 4 times as much you would probably be ok with waiting longer than 3 hours which means that if consumers are willing to pay extra to wait less time than this will create demand for more taxies over all and if they are willing to pay less in exchange for having to wait longer than this will result in having fewer taxies over all. Only a market can deliver the amount of taxies at the price that most accurately reflects the demands of consumers, the decisions made by a government in this respect will necessarily be a reflection of the mostly arbitrary whims of a bureaucrat which is, for many reasons, not preferable to allowing the number of taxies to reflect the demands of consumers.
December 03, 2012, 08:43:48 PM

"Enough"?  No way that's fucking enough -- that's what we call a shortage of taxis.

Bravo government and unintended consequences: a man loses his job because of all the government-monopoly leverage that his employer has, while everyone else gets to wait 40 minutes for a stupid cab.
December 03, 2012, 08:42:55 PM
Do you have your own car? Did you have regular customers? Bitcoin Mobile imo.
How much would it cost you to "lease" or buy a cab license?  In my city, most cab drivers actually rent the cab from the cab company on a daily or weekly rate, and keep all the fares for themselves.  If you can get this kind of deal, you could hang a bitcoin sign from the rear view, or some other little sign that doesn't stick to the the vehicle.  Then you could compete with your former employer and accept bitcoin however you like, but it would be in your interests to let the dispatcher know that you are the one who accepts bitcoin for fares, if anyone else should call.

Its not legal in germany to "rent" or "lease" a cab license. I could just buy one. Some old guy here wants to get ~35.000 usd  = 26.000€ for his license and about 5000€ for  his old mercedes.

I may try to get a loan from the bank to buy his license and car. But iam not sure about it. Beeing self employed is a lot of woork! But it would be cool to promote bitcoins with it.  I could advertise with door covers (image -> http://www.taxiwerbung-europe.com/upload/meine_bilder/werbearten/taxi_doorcover01.jpg ) +

#freemoney. Yes  I have a loots of customers so I have to solve this problem quick. A lot customers call me directly on my mobile phone

Be glad the market isn't as fucked by the government as it is in San Francisco.  A medallion (license) goes for about 350K dollars.
December 03, 2012, 08:42:12 PM

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

Sue your boss for wrongful dismissal. I presume he or she did not give you a lawful notice of dismissal, and did not retain you to the end of your term.

I exchanged money in his car and accepted/sold/ bitcoins. So he cant trust me anymore and thats a reason to dismissal me instant.

Right now I think about to start my own taxi company. But you cant just buy a car and be a taxi. I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis. Guess I have to buy a license from someone  who wants to quit his business. But its ~35.000 usd:/

It would be suuuch a high promotion for bitcoins on a taxi.

This is a classic example of Government restrictions leaving a decent man without a job.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
December 03, 2012, 08:24:12 PM
I would be highly tempted to be an unlicensed taxi, but I understand the risk would be fines and such.

Are there other ways to offer rides to customers with non-traditional vehicles? Are the restrictions specific on type? (Four wheels, car versus 3-wheel 'trikes' used in asia)

If I had no way to provide for myself, I'd risk the fine and just have people pay me in bitcoins, sending me addresses via a website or mobile app.
Pages:
Jump to: