Pages:
Author

Topic: Done - page 9. (Read 24733 times)

Activity: 1494
Merit: 3
April 02, 2019, 04:03:41 PM
I don’t even know how to react, on the one hand this is good, but on the other hand I don’t want to give my data anywhere, although all this anonymity of a crypto is like a fairy tale.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 02, 2019, 02:08:17 PM
It's been a pretty exciting past twelve hours or so; Galilel announcing the establishment of a corporate entity and BTC making a dramatic move upwards, possibly signalling the end of the bear market. I think the stars are starting to align nicely now and GALI will continue to go from strength to strength. Whilst many of us in the cryptosphere tend to look at short timeframes, hoping for instant gains, after a while you soon come to realise that that is just 'noise'. You only get a clear picture of trends by looking at higher timeframes. This is particularly applicable to GALI given that it is a young currency. In my opinion the team are making all the right moves - a slowly but surely approach to building a genuinely successful project rather than a reckless pursuit of instant riches with no substance. It's important to keep an eye on your investments, but just imagine switching off from GALI for the next few years...I feel sure your eyes would/will pop out of your head when you see where we are then compared to now!

Those are indeed some interesting developments. In what country would the GALI company be registered?

In Germany. This will also give a form of government official proof of the people behind the project, something which a  service like KYC could never offer.

By this time I have seen many projects, that initially claim, that this procedure KYC is not needed. but when it was a while, they announced? that it was necessary
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
April 02, 2019, 01:20:14 PM
It's been a pretty exciting past twelve hours or so; Galilel announcing the establishment of a corporate entity and BTC making a dramatic move upwards, possibly signalling the end of the bear market. I think the stars are starting to align nicely now and GALI will continue to go from strength to strength. Whilst many of us in the cryptosphere tend to look at short timeframes, hoping for instant gains, after a while you soon come to realise that that is just 'noise'. You only get a clear picture of trends by looking at higher timeframes. This is particularly applicable to GALI given that it is a young currency. In my opinion the team are making all the right moves - a slowly but surely approach to building a genuinely successful project rather than a reckless pursuit of instant riches with no substance. It's important to keep an eye on your investments, but just imagine switching off from GALI for the next few years...I feel sure your eyes would/will pop out of your head when you see where we are then compared to now!

Those are indeed some interesting developments. In what country would the GALI company be registered?

In Germany. This will also give a form of government official proof of the people behind the project, something which a  service like KYD* could never offer.

*edited KYC to KYD. MAde a typo
Activity: 520
Merit: 260
April 02, 2019, 11:16:36 AM

Activity: 63
April 02, 2019, 10:32:53 AM
April 01, 2019, 06:50:33 PM
Hey this is great news! Establishing Galilel as a corporate entity will certainly add a huge amount of credibility to the project. This will provide those companies/organisations that we want to partner with a whole new level of confidence that Galilel Project is a bona fide organisation. Furthermore it will legitimise GALI in the cryptosphere and draw more people into the community.
Activity: 365
Merit: 10
April 01, 2019, 09:55:00 AM
I see definitely happy price, more than 100k and 300 volumes, went to the sites to choose an island)
March 31, 2019, 01:26:57 PM
This may seem a bit random and is a question probably best answered by Babyface or perhaps Swooty, but if anyone else is able to provide a response, please go ahead...

My daughter bought an Amazon Echo the other day and this morning we've been having a bit of fun trying out various commands and seeing what information the device can look up. It was very simple to obtain the price of BTC, albeit it was probably a global average price as we wouldn't obtain a price specific to an exchange. Of course I then had to ask what the price of GALI is...it didn't come up with any information whatsoever, including when I tried commands for both Graviex and Crex24.

So the million dollar question is how can we get GALI recognised by Amazon Echo, and even better still, specific to an exchange? It may seem rather novel/trivial, but I think it could provide us with some great marketing material! Come on devs - there's a challenge for you to add a bit of fun into the daily grind of coding!

Need to see where they get their price feed from and get on that site. Google for example takes the price feed of Coinbase. So you need to get on Coinbase. Would have to look who Amazon uses. If it's CMC it's doable. If it's Coinbase I'd say no chance
March 31, 2019, 01:25:45 PM
This may seem a bit random and is a question probably best answered by Babyface or perhaps Swooty, but if anyone else is able to provide a response, please go ahead...

My daughter bought an Amazon Echo the other day and this morning we've been having a bit of fun trying out various commands and seeing what information the device can look up. It was very simple to obtain the price of BTC, albeit it was probably a global average price as we wouldn't obtain a price specific to an exchange. Of course I then had to ask what the price of GALI is...it didn't come up with any information whatsoever, including when I tried commands for both Graviex and Crex24.

So the million dollar question is how can we get GALI recognised by Amazon Echo, and even better still, specific to an exchange? It may seem rather novel/trivial, but I think it could provide us with some great marketing material! Come on devs - there's a challenge for you to add a bit of fun into the daily grind of coding!

Need to see where they get their price feed from and get on that site. Google for example takes the price feed of Coinbase. So you need to get on Coinbase. Would have to look who Amazon uses. If it's CMC it's doable. If it's Coinbase I'd say no chance
March 31, 2019, 12:50:40 PM
I think, and even sure that any application, if it is not done under a specific exchange, shows the currencies that are on /coinmarketcap.com.
March 31, 2019, 05:52:52 AM

March 30, 2019, 07:48:50 PM
Whilst the number of people in the Galilel discord has risen then fallen back a bit (probably due to the recent invite bounty expiring), it's nice to see a few new faces engaging in the General chat and joining the community. There has also been some increased buying activity which is supporting the price around the 200 sats level - I've noticed some chat about lack of supply and GALI getting snapped up, but I'm inclined to think that there is plenty to go around...there will always be sellers. The thing about GALI is that we are in the development stage of the project and so the price movement is pretty slow - if it shoots up, it soon drops down. Whilst there are people that want to accumulate GALI, there are also people who will have already made a decent profit and want to speculate elsewhere - ALTS have been performing nicely over the past couple of weeks and opportunities abound!
Activity: 365
Merit: 10
March 30, 2019, 09:27:57 AM
The constant price of the coin makes me happy, and I am sure that this will bring more people into the project, in these times stability and constancy is the best indicator of team work.
March 29, 2019, 08:12:21 AM
GALI Airdrops?

Has Galilel Project ever done an airdrop?

I'm wondering whether this is something you (team!) would consider doing via a recognised platform such as AirdropAlert.com or Airdrops.io? I've also noticed that recently more exchanges (including Graviex and Crex24) offer airdrops in the form of faucets that you can claim periodically.

Regardless of whether you would or wouldn't do a GALI airdrop, it would be interesting to discuss the pros and cons, merits or otherwise of airdrops. Could this be a beneficial means of broadening the reach of GALI and expanding our community?

From my own perspective I can honestly say that I have received some airdrops (including ERC-20 tokens deposited directly into MEW with no interaction required from me whatsoever) that has led me to researching and investing in projects that I might otherwise never have discovered.

I think there is a legitimate case to discuss the subject here!

We had a faucet when listing on CREX. In general our experience with these kind of promotions are rather negative. Same with bountys. It only attracts people who want to gather free coins in order to dump them in the market. Furthermore it deters people genuinely interested in Gali because they see people getting free coins for the sole purpose of dumping them. So going forward there won't be any airdrops and also no more bountys that are not value adding(i.e. invitation bounties for example). Will there be value adding bountys? Sure we still have bountys for translations and stuff like that that actually adds value to the project. However there won't be anymore promotions where we only attract people who dump the coins

Some useful feedback there eshby - interesting to see things from someone else's perspective. I think bitalk1's subsequent post also pretty much hit the mark - that most people just want freebies and don't even look at the name of the coins that they are scooping up. I like the idea of seeing GALI being distributed by an airdrop but appreciate the the net benefit may well be very small and that the entire process could in fact have negative consequences (such as dumping on exchanges).

Perhaps there are more sophisticated ways that Galilel Project could garner attention? I haven't put much thought into this but maybe if somebody were to complete a few tasks and prove that they already supported the currency (proof of already owning a small sum of GALI) they could be rewarded with a bonus?

I guess I may well be in the minority when it comes to taking advantage of airdrops/faucets - I own GALI, have no intention of selling, would of course love to pick some up for free but, crucially, wouldn't dump them on an exchange. It sounds like perhaps the only sure route to success is to carry on developing, building partnerships, spreading the word and reminding ourselves that Rome wasn't built in a day!

If anyone here has any suggestions regarding how we might broaden the appeal of GALI and grow the community (in particular through the distribution of free tokens), please throw your hat in the ring! It may come to nothing, but the more ideas we can mull over the better - please don't think that this forum is only for team members, people with an in-depth knowledge of crypto or just big bag holders - I am none of them!  Embarrassed
March 28, 2019, 03:13:39 PM
All these faucets are currently a waste of time, and if you hope that someone is interested in a coin, then I will disappoint you 90% do not even look at the name of the coins, I’m talking about cranes on some exchanges.
March 28, 2019, 09:26:03 AM
GALI Airdrops?

I'm wondering whether this is something you (team!) would consider doing via a recognised platform such as AirdropAlert.com or Airdrops.io? I've also noticed that recently more exchanges (including Graviex and Crex24) offer airdrops in the form of faucets that you can claim periodically.

Regardless of whether you would or wouldn't do a GALI airdrop, it would be interesting to discuss the pros and cons, merits or otherwise of airdrops. Could this be a beneficial means of broadening the reach of GALI and expanding our community?

From my own perspective I can honestly say that I have received some airdrops (including ERC-20 tokens deposited directly into MEW with no interaction required from me whatsoever) that has led me to researching and investing in projects that I might otherwise never have discovered.

We had a faucet when listing on CREX. In general our experience with these kind of promotions are rather negative. Same with bountys. It only attracts people who want to gather free coins in order to dump them in the market. Furthermore it deters people genuinely interested in Gali because they see people getting free coins for the sole purpose of dumping them. So going forward there won't be any airdrops and also no more bountys that are not value adding(i.e. invitation bounties for example). Will there be value adding bountys? Sure we still have bountys for translations and stuff like that that actually adds value to the project. However there won't be anymore promotions where we only attract people who dump the coins
March 28, 2019, 06:46:01 AM
GALI Airdrops?

March 27, 2019, 06:46:44 PM
You gave the explanation yourself. You can see it in a lot of coins that it is a bot which does it. Galilel will not engage in such practices or pay third parties to do it. First it is illegal. Second we believe not everybody is stupid. I think this dissuades people who are genuinely interested in the project longterm when they see that the team engages in such tactics or doesn't condemn them just for short term success. Faking volume just to convey people a sense of safety is pure deception and imho reflects very poorly on the project itself. And when you arrive at this point it's not about CMC anymore but rather if this is a project that can be trusted. Besides that like I said it is illegal to do it.

At least GALI is listed at Coinpaprika (which I actually prefer above CMC lately). GALI stands at a very respectable #1312 at the moment and has been rising.

Thanks for the response eshby - I'm glad to see that a member of the team is actively monitoring Bitcointalk!

The volume side of things is very frustrating but I appreciate your stance to playing fair. Perhaps over the course of time those projects that are manipulating the true picture will fall by the wayside and projects like Galilel will gain the recognition they truly deserve.

It's a shame that the cryptosphere places so much value on the information found at CoinMarketCap - as m3mbr44n points out, there are alternative platforms such as Coinpaprika (which I am also swaying towards lately). Hopefully CMC will gradually lose its perception as being 'the holy grail' of listings!

Funny since we were just talking about it

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-03-25/crypto-aggregator-says-concerns-over-inaccurate-data-are-valid?__twitter_impression=true
March 27, 2019, 08:26:09 AM
My opinion needs to go about my business and go to the goal slowly, not to chase right away to be everywhere and immediately, time will give what they deserve, if these are not weekly projects, is it not so here? we are for a long time.
March 27, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
You gave the explanation yourself. You can see it in a lot of coins that it is a bot which does it. Galilel will not engage in such practices or pay third parties to do it. First it is illegal. Second we believe not everybody is stupid. I think this dissuades people who are genuinely interested in the project longterm when they see that the team engages in such tactics or doesn't condemn them just for short term success. Faking volume just to convey people a sense of safety is pure deception and imho reflects very poorly on the project itself. And when you arrive at this point it's not about CMC anymore but rather if this is a project that can be trusted. Besides that like I said it is illegal to do it.

At least GALI is listed at Coinpaprika (which I actually prefer above CMC lately). GALI stands at a very respectable #1312 at the moment and has been rising.

Thanks for the response eshby - I'm glad to see that a member of the team is actively monitoring Bitcointalk!

The volume side of things is very frustrating but I appreciate your stance to playing fair. Perhaps over the course of time those projects that are manipulating the true picture will fall by the wayside and projects like Galilel will gain the recognition they truly deserve.

It's a shame that the cryptosphere places so much value on the information found at CoinMarketCap - as m3mbr44n points out, there are alternative platforms such as Coinpaprika (which I am also swaying towards lately). Hopefully CMC will gradually lose its perception as being 'the holy grail' of listings!
Pages:
Jump to: