Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't Believe The Trading Volumes On Most Exchanges - page 2. (Read 660 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
SESSIA
I don't believe to those metrics. In most of cases they have own market makers and make liquidity and put on trading bots to show volumes!
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
There are many exchange website who fake their volume.
You can see one token in an exchange that is doing buy and sell every split seconds.
This is automatic and you can't even see the sell or buy orders but it went to the trade history.
Activity: 854
Merit: 267
I think all exchanges small or big ones are making fake volumes with bots. It may seem like a good thing, but it's totally foolish. But i think this is the easiest way to attract customers so this is not going to end.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Many exchange are just creating a large volume for trade in other to claim one of the best as the situation of the market is , there a lot of manipulation going on in the market which is much why we are seeing lot of fake volume by some exchange , and non of the exchange can be trusted as all do use bot to trade for more volume.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
Completely agree with this .lots  of these Exchanges consists of fake volumes . This is never good for the long term development of Blockchain Trading. We are decentralized and the trading eco system of that should be clean and fair always.
Activity: 462
While there is no regulation of the crypto exchanges there always be the case of wash trading and other illegal stuff
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Yeah, this is common practice by some phishy exchanges they are trying to make impression for people that hey our exchanges is already have good liquidation come here but actually that's all fake unless the exchange itself giving the buy wall which can be considered as fraudulent aswell.
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
My opinion is now firmly established in the fact that during the trade in the first place is to study the news and that capitalization can only confuse and not show the real situation in the market.
Activity: 364
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
Some mainstream exchanges are still real, but many new trading platforms use fraud to attract traders, so I think the crypto market needs to be regulated.
Activity: 434
Yes, this is their illusion. In the long-term recession of the cryptocurrency market, there will be no new investors entering, so in fact the exchange is still losing money, only 1-2 exchanges can do it. There is no loss, so the exchange will buy a lot of coins. Let the cryptocurrency rise again.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
23 Out of top 25 volumes are faked. Make out #3 and #4 and we're left with 21 exchange I haven't even heard of.
I stick to Binance, Poloniex, Bitmex and Coinex.
The rest is scam territory
We only need the decentralized exchange site to fix this problem, bunch of people are creating more and more centralized shitty exchange site and then they are manipulating it.
DEX is the only way for us to fix this problem.
well, therefore, we need to avoid exchangers that are not well known, and do not have the relevant regulations. well, i just always exchange my assets in large markets like binary and others. I'm sure the volume is not manipulation.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
23 Out of top 25 volumes are faked. Make out #3 and #4 and we're left with 21 exchange I haven't even heard of.
I stick to Binance, Poloniex, Bitmex and Coinex.
The rest is scam territory
We only need the decentralized exchange site to fix this problem, bunch of people are creating more and more centralized shitty exchange site and then they are manipulating it.
DEX is the only way for us to fix this problem.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
It would seem that "Wash Trading" is a much bigger problem than originally thought. Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity. A new study shows that only 3 of the Top 25 exchanges trading Bitcoin according to CoinMarketCap are actually presenting true figures. https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-claims-over-80-percent-of-top-25-btc-trading-pair-volumes-on-cmc-are-wash-traded
Usually, if this is a normal exchange, then it prevents trade bots from entering the market. And once this is happening, it turns out that already the exchanges have become fraudulent.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
It would seem that "Wash Trading" is a much bigger problem than originally thought. Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity. A new study shows that only 3 of the Top 25 exchanges trading Bitcoin according to CoinMarketCap are actually presenting true figures. https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-claims-over-80-percent-of-top-25-btc-trading-pair-volumes-on-cmc-are-wash-traded

This should be ban so that trading site will shortened  then only legitimate and reliable exchanges site will operates for crypto industry because this irregularities of trading sites may result losses of investors since they will be mislead of their analysis.
Activity: 1008
Yes, yes, I saw this. I won’t talk about what kind of exchange it was in order not to advertise it, but once I placed an order to sell a token and nobody bought a token from me. But the trades (purchase of a token) were, and moreover, at a price that was higher than I set. I was very surprised by one thing and I stopped trading on this exchange.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13

I couldn't agree more. I have noticed that too, the volume is big but the price remains the same, i dont get it. Now it's clear to me that some exchanges is just manipulating the volume. Now it leaves me a question on, "how can we able to prevent exchanges from doing that ?"
Activity: 162
It’s sad but I do agree that this is a very much realistic thing. This is where we need to be science and use common sense to understand the actual picture. I am not sure how much I can help, but I say it is something that can help. Once we track down the Crypto Exchange data, which is genuine and worthy, then we will automatically avoid getting into wrong or ordinary option, where risk is always too high.
copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
As a part time trader i also sense that there are bots trading on some exchanges and it is really frustrating for me. That is why i move to Binance to test my skills on trading sans the bots and i am glad that Binance is one of those exchanges that don't do wash trading.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
Indeed, we should not fully believe in trading volume. Because usually there is an exchange that manipulates the volume of all coins. Which results in losses to people who trade. So before trading, we must be careful. Because this will be very fatal which makes you lose in trading.
Activity: 686
Merit: 105
I think that high-frequency trading is gaining popularity and it is not surprising that they use bots that make a lot of transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: