Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't Believe The Trading Volumes On Most Exchanges - page 4. (Read 660 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
I haven't think of that before, thank you for sharing that. I haven't think of something like that it might be true that most of the exchange are using bot in order to manipulate the volume of an exchange.

We might need to check the legibility and credibility of the exchange on where we're going to put our tokens and coins. We are not also sure that there's an existing bot in some exchanges right?
copper member
Activity: 316
Merit: 0
yes we all already know it all for a long time so it's not a surprise for me or for all of us,
because of that I only like trading in binance and don't like other exchanges especially hitttc which even the fee is very high.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
It is probably based on a troublesome research published a few weeks ago. Proportion of wash trading volume is especially scary in low volume and Chinese exchanges  Embarrassed
There are some chances of adjusted volumes still contain fake volumes too. Look at bitforex that was a horrible exchange site i have ever seen in these days. Chinese exchange that doesn't apply trade fees can be manipulated to easily.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
Do many people pay attention to the volumes on exchanges rather than the actual movement in prices? It should look suspicious if there are large volumes traded but little or no movement in the prices.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
yes when in intial stages in crypto i believed to trading volumes and i lost lot of money too but now i never trust the trading volumes on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
I'll tell you I can surely put down a lot of volume on a 0% fee exchange, and with a little bit of margin both ways, look out..

I wouldn't completely discredit volume on 0% fee exchanges like CMC does..

Sure it makes it easy to put down a lot of fake volume if you are a whale and don't mind eating all the small trades inbetween, but with no fees on non-leveraged positions a person can make tons and tons of little trades that add up to something.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
I cannot agree less, it is even seen that some exchanges has this manipulative pattern of inflating trading volumes and sometimes price, I know hotbit to be guilty of that and this was complained by the CEO of the coin that got listed there.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Trading volumes can also be manipulated, because there are a lot of trading competitions currently ongoing and due to that fact the trading volume is pretty big, but as soon as the promotion ends, the trading volumes decline dramatically.
Activity: 566
Merit: 113
Yes, I agree with your point of view, but this fully demonstrates that the cryptocurrency market will now rise again, because no investors buy coins, the exchange does not have any profit now, only bitcoin takeoff will allow investors to enter the cryptocurrency market.

Oi oi, what are you talking about?
did you even read the thread or just spouting nonsense here? we are talking about 'Wash Trading' or 'Fake Trading'. It has nothing to do with market or something like that.

It is probably based on a troublesome research published a few weeks ago. Proportion of wash trading volume is especially scary in low volume and Chinese exchanges  Embarrassed

Yes very true about this, look at Tokok exchange for example.
they have a lot of transactions daily(based on their volume), but until now I have yet to see it on Coinmarketcap. Plus, they are constantly making a trade without an actual order.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
Activity: 335
Merit: 10
Yes, I agree with your point of view, but this fully demonstrates that the cryptocurrency market will now rise again, because no investors buy coins, the exchange does not have any profit now, only bitcoin takeoff will allow investors to enter the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
It would seem that "Wash Trading" is a much bigger problem than originally thought. Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity. A new study shows that only 3 of the Top 25 exchanges trading Bitcoin according to CoinMarketCap are actually presenting true figures. https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-claims-over-80-percent-of-top-25-btc-trading-pair-volumes-on-cmc-are-wash-traded
Pages:
Jump to: