Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't Believe The Trading Volumes On Most Exchanges - page 3. (Read 660 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
It is probably based on a troublesome research published a few weeks ago. Proportion of wash trading volume is especially scary in low volume and Chinese exchanges  Embarrassed
The last time I checked the Chinese government place ban of crypto currencies trading and the exchanges that operate in China have moved to another crypto friendly countries. With that been said, the Chinese have been accused of false trading volume and manipulation back in the 2016 when bitcoin was not ban by their government. Besides, the Chinese are the only one guilty of this because capital market was once either.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
I have always noticed it too, because so many of those exchanges use bot. The result on the table from the link has out more light into it and i am amazed by what i am seeing.
It gives us more insight on how to go about our trades.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100

It is true that many projects  ( especially new ones ) doing the market making, providing liquidity to the coin and they are using bots for it. It leads to artificial volumes which has nothing to do with the reality.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
That is why there is a need for a regulator for all these crypto exchanges that can atleast stop the wrong doings of all these exchanges and save the common trader and investor from losses, if all the forex brokers can be regulated i do not think there is any problem to regulate crypro exchanges and i wont even mind if the same regulators watch these exchanges as well.
Activity: 335
They use dirty ways to attract traders by making trading volume look bigger. Maybe also some cases of hacking that have happened are their own actions (internal factors) not from external factors. So that I think the decentralized exchange is the best.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I don't think exchanges are allowed to provide false figures. However, if this is true, then a lot of people were being fooled and were being forced to sell their coin at a very low price. I sell my coin based on the trade volume and its definitely affecting how I decide if a coin is for hodling or not.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
This is normal and I have known it long ago, when I trader my coin on Bit-Z. I wonder why there are some order on history not on the sell and buy frame. And when I received some token from the bounty, I also noticed this common point from some other exchange
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
people should start ditching exchanges who fakes their volume, i don't know probably the exchange will steal traders coin, also they will make artificial price aswell, probably, better safe than never just switch to binance or other exchange that's legitimate.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I do not believe. It has long been proven that 70% of trading volumes on the largest exchanges are fictitious, therefore if you turn off bots, the price will fall, and this has already happened several times.

Well it can happen both ways also though. People may become a little hopeful seeing volume accumulating hence they may decide to join in or decide against selling. Of course there's always the possibility of a trap but it can also mean something good about to happen.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
I do not believe. It has long been proven that 70% of trading volumes on the largest exchanges are fictitious, therefore if you turn off bots, the price will fall, and this has already happened several times.
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
I think this is cheating, they use bots to analyze the market, they don't work alone.

Robot technology makes applications run on their own following market volatility.

but, it will not run for a long time, trading with your own analysis is better.
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
It's easy to find out which exchange trading volume is fake, I'll check the website world ranking, daily high trading volume that's mean high visitor traffic and high website ranking, another one is go to website check their trading pairs, just a bot auto create the fake volume, so I only use well known exchange and protect my funds
Activity: 1024
too many problems in crypto now start from fraud ico and now Fake trading volume on exchange.

oh shit the beauty of this investment. how can new investors believe if something like this already exists fraud.
Activity: 242
Merit: 7
23 Out of top 25 volumes are faked. Make out #3 and #4 and we're left with 21 exchange I haven't even heard of.
I stick to Binance, Poloniex, Bitmex and Coinex.
The rest is scam territory
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
It is probably based on a troublesome research published a few weeks ago. Proportion of wash trading volume is especially scary in low volume and Chinese exchanges  Embarrassed
There are some chances of adjusted volumes still contain fake volumes too. Look at bitforex that was a horrible exchange site i have ever seen in these days. Chinese exchange that doesn't apply trade fees can be manipulated to easily.

Indeed, I have tried to avoid depositing a single satoshi to Bitforex exchange. Unfortunately, there are more of similar exchanges.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity.

each time you buy or sell, there is a fee to pay unless you are talking about some Chinese 0-fee exchange which no longer even exist. so in my opinion calling it "wash trading" does not make any sense. and whales don't waste their money like this when they can simply pump a shitcoin with the same amount of money without hassle.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
Only a fool will do, there was a time I wanted to sell some tokens on IDAX and the current buy order was what I tried to sell but the order was not filled, I tried a lower order, the order wasn't filled also, look at exchanges like Exrate and  Bitforex which are two others that I observed these activities of wash trading. Something need to be done to clear out these bad actors the earlier the better
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
It would seem that "Wash Trading" is a much bigger problem than originally thought. Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity. A new study shows that only 3 of the Top 25 exchanges trading Bitcoin according to CoinMarketCap are actually presenting true figures. https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-claims-over-80-percent-of-top-25-btc-trading-pair-volumes-on-cmc-are-wash-traded

I'm not sure there are exceptions. It seems to me that absolutely all exchanges are doing this. Perhaps the degree of overestimate is different. We often see high in the ranking of new unknown exchanges. Of course, their high volumes are a hoax. But at the moment, the crypto market is at a similar low level. The low level of regulation allows manipulation.
Activity: 396
very helpful information that you provide makes us understand the crypto world and increase our awareness of investing in exchanges which are good and not good and know about trade laundering.
Activity: 539
Merit: 20
It would seem that "Wash Trading" is a much bigger problem than originally thought. Wash Trading is the buying and selling of coins by bots on the exchange to artificially create volume and the perception of liquidity. A new study shows that only 3 of the Top 25 exchanges trading Bitcoin according to CoinMarketCap are actually presenting true figures. https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-claims-over-80-percent-of-top-25-btc-trading-pair-volumes-on-cmc-are-wash-traded

yes that's unfortunate. There is a lot of fake volume in the stock market. I think exchange have a method of choosing to attract them. purchase-sales orders take a very long time to take place. most of the times you place orders under or on the order is entered. I think that these types of exchanges should not be used.
Pages:
Jump to: