Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't Spend Too Much Time Trading? is that true? - page 40. (Read 17490 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Just like me, that's why emotion control is necessary. Too much time is relative but never lost control, you'll gonna lose. Besides that, just make sure you have stop loss to minimalize your risk. Try with little money you have until finding the best strategy and deal with all risk on real market. Patience and disciplines is the key, good luck.

There is no best stategy as in one that will guide you through all kinds of market scenarios. Strategies need to be adjusted according to the situation at that time. If things were that easy, nearly the entire market would be full of people making profits. Truth is that in order to allow one trader to make profit, there have to be several people losing -- money doesn't just fall out of the sky into your pockets. Because this market is so unpredictable, the risks that you take are high, but if you manage to adjust yourself to every possible market scenario, your profits will be high too.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
i'm one who spend too much time for trading. I made so many stupid mistakes because of thinking emotionally instead of logically. Cry
what is your opinion?

Just like me, that's why emotion control is necessary. Too much time is relative but never lost control, you'll gonna lose. Besides that, just make sure you have stop loss to minimalize your risk. Try with little money you have until finding the best strategy and deal with all risk on real market. Patience and disciplines is the key, good luck.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
i'm one who spend too much time for trading. I made so many stupid mistakes because of thinking emotionally instead of logically. Cry
what is your opinion?
Making a lot of time in trading not so bad its just a way how seriously you are interms of that dont say that you are stupid. But it may result loosing cause thats how trading works even if you tell that you take a lot of time you cant remove that so be brave for being a trader. Your mistake would be a lesson learned so next time you will do better.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
what is your opinion?

Most traders don’t want to admit they are wrong, so we ride a bad trade down, making it even worse. Make sure to take breaks, staring at the monitor for hours on end can be detrimental. Always stick to your strategy and learn to take losses.

Spending too much time for trading is a mistake, cause of that I made many mistakes in the beginning. Too much time watching numbers changing inflicts badly on our judgment and that's why we make mistakes. Cause for trading you need to read news and follow some communities, numbers will never stop changing real battle is behind it, who is working for what, how smart they are, their contacts and contracts, their plans for future and how many people support that. Less trading and more reading and thinking about the future is good for me, better then daily trading and losing my bitcoins on that. Now I wait and wait and in right moment I just pick up the profit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
what is your opinion?

Most traders don’t want to admit they are wrong, so we ride a bad trade down, making it even worse. Make sure to take breaks, staring at the monitor for hours on end can be detrimental. Always stick to your strategy and learn to take losses.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Spending too much time on trading makes decision making less efficient for some people, but in the end it's all up to you.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
what is your opinion?
I think if one is a day trader or scalper, that kind of trader needs to spend a lot of time in trading, I mean monitoring the current price because they are the type of trader who hits the Sell button the moment they see that they already reached their goal, regardless if the profit is small or big, they are known as short term traders. Hitting the Sell button a second late may mean loss to them. 
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
what is your opinion?

If your emotions is controlling you then I think you are not suitable as a day trader. It is better for you to take a break and study about trading first and then come back when you are ready again to trade.
Usually day trading requires a perfect man to get with. Otherwise day trading must be very dangerous for capital. Emotion control and sensitive money management are not feasible for all type of traders, only perfect trader could manage them effectively.

Spending long hours in front of trading screen will not definitely help any trader to groom but it will affect them emotionally.
Theres no perfect trader on this world but we can assume that there are really experts on this one and being a day trader is really hard since ive been trying this thing to do which i do pursue that this trading habit would really suits me since i do have the time to sit in front of pc for longer hours which is really a good thing for a day trader but still its hard and cant really be learned up for a few months and it would really take you time to achieve it on having the knowledge on gaining or making profitable trades later on.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
This isn't true, the more time you spend understanding and getting used the market trends, the more profit you can derive out of it. There is risk involved sure but you profits come only by taking risks.

Never think emotionally while trading for profit this is a big mistake and it will ruin your profits if you incline towards holding coins for longer than required. Logic always wins the battle of profit.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
what is your opinion?

If your emotions is controlling you then I think you are not suitable as a day trader. It is better for you to take a break and study about trading first and then come back when you are ready again to trade.
Usually day trading requires a perfect man to get with. Otherwise day trading must be very dangerous for capital. Emotion control and sensitive money management are not feasible for all type of traders, only perfect trader could manage them effectively.

Spending long hours in front of trading screen will not definitely help any trader to groom but it will affect them emotionally.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
what is your opinion?
As long as you know what you are doing, it's not a bad thing to spend your time on trading which is much better if its your hobby. The more time you spend the more you experience you get. You also learn from your mistakes. But if you keep repeating the mistakes, then i think its time for you to leave.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
what is your opinion?

The more you made mistakes, the more you will learned as it will gained you experienced.

But if you already lots of mistakes but still nothing learned then just proceed until you become matured. If it's already years of trading and still not matured then don't give up. If you eat at least 2 to 3 years and still nothing gained then stopped trading as the problem really on you right now.

It's not wrong to trust emotions when doing trades. Just keep in mind that your emotion has some strong support why you end up experiencing that kind of emotion.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
what is your opinion?

Indeed. Spending too much time daily analyzing different coins and shifting investment from coin to coin, following pump/dump groups, creating buy/sell walls may not help you earn big. Best thing could be investing for long term. Just do detail pre-head study then invest money in coins, set price notifications and then chill for time being till they hit new ATH. Long time hodl is best type of altcoin trading.
Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
what is your opinion?

Mistakes made traders become a professional, I think it is normal for the newbie traders to judge based on their emotion and it is ok.Once they experience, then that is the time that they will mature in trading rather than leave and just come back again whenever your feeling is right, You will possibly commit same mistake again.
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
what is your opinion?
If you are a day trader, need spend more time for trading, it very important when you still not close your order. But if you are type holder (as me), every day you can check price altcoin you hold 1-2 times or not need check if you set target and placed order sell your coin with this price. All depends your type trade.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
what is your opinion?

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
The issue isn't the amount of time spent online trading. The problem lies with the individual emotion while trading. How able an individual is able to control their emotions if trades go against them into loss. Or how quickly they rush to close a winning trade thereby cutting short their profits. In the past I had a cousin who would place and close over 40 trades a day in forex. Most times over 95 percent of those trades ended in loss.

That's so sad for a trader online,  because somehow as expected for your investments the profit will have to gain returns in the future. Upon reading the stories you revealed here it come to a certain thinking of mine that spending too much time in trading could possibly caused you panic selling decisions. Then that is really confirmed here that without self control and managing emotions had caused the cousin of our mate here to loss the trades invested in forex.
Initially your main purpose of trading is to earn, it is also part of trading the word mistake and loss, but you must learn from it and try hard not to make it again if possible. You must discipline yourself if you want to gain from trading, it doesn't matter if you spend so much time on trading but just always consider for yourself the mistakes you have done and think on earning rather than sellig because of your emotional quotient.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Thats a very good advice not to spend too much time on trading. That is the most common made mistake done by small traders. Unless you have a hundred of thousand of dollars invested in to bitcoin, it usually is not worth the time invested.

Firstly time is a resource, and you should use your resources wisely.

Secondly, watching a graphs non stop does not give you any advantage. To the contrary. It makes people frustrated with the lack of results, and you react more nervously.

It far better to set yourself a targets in mind and use the alerts on page like bitcoinwisdom, and react on your target price. It saves you time and teaches you a patience.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
No, it wasn't. Most traders actually spending too much in trading especially if the movement is shaky and their main source of income is trading. There's nothing wrong with that. What wrong is if you're doing some moves that could result in losing profit.

Personally, when I started trading, I spent a lot of time online and try to gain as knowledge as possible. I didn't learn trading by reading books, I learn it through actual practice that's why I spent a lot of time on time. I'm a true believer in "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." And besides, for some who really treat trading as their main source of income then its logical that they will spent lots of time in it.

what is your opinion?

It means you do not have yet acquired the necessary skills and approach to trading. Besides, emotions have no place in crypto trading. Just when you panic sell, everything bounces back and you end up buying when the price is already high. When another round of fluctuation comes, you sell with a loss. That's how emotions trouble everything.

Sometimes, it is much better to just buy and hold. I think you better do the same.

For a newbie, I advise that you to not only invest a lot of money, but a lot of time as well. There are no shortcuts in trading, you have to learn by practice so its good that you will put a lot of time on it. Emotions should be in check, you should not be carried away by a simple FUD waves and panic sells. You have to make your own judgement, otherwise you wil make a lot of mistakes that you will regret later. If you don't have time, then yes, just buy and hodl.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
trading is always like a illness bad addiction which take most of your free time if you want to or not so to avoid the addiction of trading is always to follow long term markets even if after one years just do it and forget about everything else .

Hey bitcoin trading is not the share market trading. Trading is the one of the platform bitcoin which gives profit instantly with the price changes in the chart. Please refer some videos about it first, then you could understand actually what is the case. Still trading utilizing the price fluctuations and making money of it.

Yes Bitcoin trading is not like a stock exchange. People do day trading in the stock exchange, so they will spend the full time to make money in stock exchange. But digital currency trading is like small term investment means buy any coins and wait for some days to increase the value of the coin and sell your coin when the price is high. Here also day traders are there, but I don't know how much profit they will make I never tried.
Pages:
Jump to: