Pages:
Author

Topic: [DOPE] DopeCoin 2.0 - Launching soon - page 6. (Read 89377 times)

mcg
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 01:07:05 PM
we are working on it.... everything will be back soon.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 12, 2014, 01:02:12 PM
cant get on the dopecoin Homepage sindce about an hour , telling me site doesnt exist , any info on that ? Undecided
mcg
February 12, 2014, 09:43:46 AM
sorry to hear about

The coin developer named Otakusama was paid to develop the coin over a month ago. 5 days ago Otakusama deleted all of his contact information on the forums, stole the DopeCoin development money I had put up and disappeared completely.

Wait , they paid somebody for 1 month to "develop" this HuhHuh

dont worry it will now be fixed. ppl make mistakes and get scammed.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
February 12, 2014, 09:13:58 AM
sorry to hear about

The coin developer named Otakusama was paid to develop the coin over a month ago. 5 days ago Otakusama deleted all of his contact information on the forums, stole the DopeCoin development money I had put up and disappeared completely.

Wait , they paid somebody for 1 month to "develop" this HuhHuh
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
February 12, 2014, 08:36:12 AM
Thank you for your suggestions and feedback.

Nothing has been written in stone yet. Your voice and opinion are valued and being taken into consideration.

mcg
February 12, 2014, 08:26:38 AM
we might be addressing the issue of dopecoin... settings dots to the i currently... we have read the thread and might follow some of the advice.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 07:01:34 AM
Thank you very much to the community for all of your kinds words and support. We are working away as I speak and are just in the process of implementing and testing the kimodo gravity well.

The warm response and help offered by total strangers is something I truly appreciate and was not expecting. Thank you for that.

Dopey

I wonder if implementing KGW isn't something you should do after a while, not at launch. Attracting miners at launch should not be rewarded by huge difficulty.
Maybe kimoto at block 10,000 or something!
Activity: 126
February 12, 2014, 06:54:13 AM
Thank you very much to the community for all of your kinds words and support. We are working away as I speak and are just in the process of implementing and testing the kimodo gravity well.

The warm response and help offered by total strangers is something I truly appreciate and was not expecting. Thank you for that.

Dopey

I wonder if implementing KGW isn't something you should do after a while, not at launch. Attracting miners at launch should not be rewarded by huge difficulty.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
February 12, 2014, 06:32:45 AM

Dopey
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 06:11:50 AM
I've been helping mgc with leafcoin, if he does help, I'll help too.  Pool, explorer, faucet, nodes etc
Activity: 140
February 11, 2014, 07:41:57 PM
sorry to hear about

"WE ARE THE 99 PERCENT" Cool

DOPE P2POOL

I am patiently waiting for the re-launch, and I have a VERY GOOD
DOPE P2POOL eagerly awaiting the new blockchain so miners can
make BIGGER payouts and also no hassles as with the sign-up mining pools!

P2POOL is so much better, because it gives miners TOTAL FREEDOM

Freedom from some pool receiving and holding THEIR coins

Freedom from scammer pools that do not even pay

Freedom from having to sign-up and create workers

Freedom from having to log-in some mining pool site

P2POOL = FREEDOM , and FREEDOM is what it is all about! Smiley

No sign-ups, no log-ins, no workers, no pool holding YOUR coins, etc, etc ...

I don't understand why any miner would use a sign-up site
seems like they always have payout issues.

p2pools pays out directly as transactions in the block found by the pool
and NOT from some wallet like a sign-up pool who receives the block reward.

p2pool pays out in generated blocks --- the same as a solo-mined block
this is why p2pools CANNOT receive nor hold miners coins!
the payouts go in to the block as transactions --- and not in to some pools default wallet!

The DOPE P2POOL is already online and working, but until the re-launch and the
new blockchain is made availible, any coins mined now will not be any good.

But, you can check out the pool
there is some stupid mining-farm or cloud-type miners mining worthless DOPE in the p2pool
right now using crazy hashrate
( their IP will be banned and blacklisted by firewall if they show up after relaunch btw! )

PLEASE CHECKOUT THE POOLS STATS AND SEE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF P2POOL IN ACTION!

the DOPE P2POOL can be found here ------> p2pool.neocities.org

just click on the "DOPE" coin!

Can't wait to get some "real DOPE" ! Grin

February 11, 2014, 07:02:28 PM
yes and leafcoin had a really smooth launch if i remember correct Wink

First time right Smiley
Activity: 238
February 11, 2014, 06:59:41 PM
yes and leafcoin had a really smooth launch if i remember correct Wink
February 11, 2014, 06:57:42 PM
Well folks, I've had a good nights rest and have had some time to reflect on the situation.

So last nights launch, was a failure.
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses and ultimately any failure or success of this project lies sqaurely on my shoulders.

We have several issues....

The diff retarget was broken and set too high
Website got hammered with so much traffic the download link was hard to access (721,201 downloads before link removed)
Massive DDOS attacks (121.98 GBPS) and volume took out all of the pools, website and database within 5 seconds of launch

I apologize publicly to the community for this outcome. I wish I could change what has happened.
What I would like to do is try to help people perhaps understand.

I myself, am a front end developer. My strengths lie in bringing products to market and I specialize in branding, marketing and product management. I really worked harder than most will ever realize to ensure that any variable I had any kind of control over was managed to the best of my ability.

In order for DopeCoin to work, it was important that I found the right people to handle the aspects of the business that I am unable to accomplish. I can't write a line of code, and I do not have server administration experience.

So I hired a server guy, and I hired a coin developer.

There was a forum full of people, thousands of Twitter followers, Facebook fans and others patiently waiting for DopeCoin's release.

I knew at this point that my project was in serious trouble.

I discreetly reached out to certain members of the community and scrambled desperately to find a new coin developer to save the launch.
After only being able to find one person who was willing to help but who had never created a coin before (thanks Johnny, I appreciate that bud) I reached out to my top php coder from my main business and asked if he would take on the project.

His knowledge with crypto was 0%. But he is one of the best coders I have ever seen and was my only hope at this point.
He put in a tremendous effort and we finally uploaded the src and wallets onto github about 4 hours before launch after working for over 40 hours straight.

We were afraid that something may of been overlooked, and something had been. We had cloned the coin specifications from Otakusamas recommended parameters during our rush and the diff retarget was set at 16 hours. An impossible parameter for the coin to ever work at from what I understand now.

A couple of members of the community warned me about this, I in turn relayed those warning back to Otakusama and his team to which I was told "that's a just a forum troll, he doesn't even know what hes talking about" (looking at you on this Jolly).

The project has experienced a major setback, not unlike the setback it experienced 5 days ago when the development money was stolen.
I take full responsibility for everything that has happened.

What I can promise, is that I tried as hard as I possibly could of to pull it out of the hat and save the launch.
I will learn from each of these mistakes and ultimately will grow from the experience.
What I hope that has been proven through this whole mess is my dedication to this project and willingness to push through major obstacles to get the job done.

DopeCoin is not over, this is just the beginning!

I'm putting together a plan for relaunch and will be using all new third party providers. LiveChains will no longer be hosting the website, wallet download or the mining pools and I will be looking for a more powerful solution. Additionally I am reaching out to the community for a lead developer to help get us back on track.

I have made alot of enemies it appears because of this situation (some of you forum guys said some pretty rude and unnecessary things, shame on you) but alot of support has also come through and many new friends have been made.

For those of you that stand by DopeCoin I promise I will do everything in my power to get the project back on track. For those of you that don't, I wish you luck with your other adventures.

Sincerely,

Dopey

well, maybe i can help... ( leafcoin dev )

Your help would save this coin i am sure. There is hope! Leafcoin is one of the most promising coins of 2014.
mcg
February 11, 2014, 05:42:52 PM
Well folks, I've had a good nights rest and have had some time to reflect on the situation.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses and ultimately any failure or success of this project lies sqaurely on my shoulders.

Website got hammered with so much traffic the download link was hard to access (721,201 downloads before link removed)
Massive DDOS attacks (121.98 GBPS) and volume took out all of the pools, website and database within 5 seconds of launch

I apologize publicly to the community for this outcome. I wish I could change what has happened.

I myself, am a front end developer. My strengths lie in bringing products to market and I specialize in branding, marketing and product management. I really worked harder than most will ever realize to ensure that any variable I had any kind of control over was managed to the best of my ability.

In order for DopeCoin to work, it was important that I found the right people to handle the aspects of the business that I am unable to accomplish. I can't write a line of code, and I do not have server administration experience.

There was a forum full of people, thousands of Twitter followers, Facebook fans and others patiently waiting for DopeCoin's release.

I discreetly reached out to certain members of the community and scrambled desperately to find a new coin developer to save the launch.
After only being able to find one person who was willing to help but who had never created a coin before (thanks Johnny, I appreciate that bud) I reached out to my top php coder from my main business and asked if he would take on the project.

His knowledge with crypto was 0%. But he is one of the best coders I have ever seen and was my only hope at this point.
He put in a tremendous effort and we finally uploaded the src and wallets onto github about 4 hours before launch after working for over 40 hours straight.

We were afraid that something may of been overlooked, and something had been. We had cloned the coin specifications from Otakusamas recommended parameters during our rush and the diff retarget was set at 16 hours. An impossible parameter for the coin to ever work at from what I understand now.

A couple of members of the community warned me about this, I in turn relayed those warning back to Otakusama and his team to which I was told "that's a just a forum troll, he doesn't even know what hes talking about" (looking at you on this Jolly).

The project has experienced a major setback, not unlike the setback it experienced 5 days ago when the development money was stolen.

What I can promise, is that I tried as hard as I possibly could of to pull it out of the hat and save the launch.
I will learn from each of these mistakes and ultimately will grow from the experience.
What I hope that has been proven through this whole mess is my dedication to this project and willingness to push through major obstacles to get the job done.

I'm putting together a plan for relaunch and will be using all new third party providers. LiveChains will no longer be hosting the website, wallet download or the mining pools and I will be looking for a more powerful solution. Additionally I am reaching out to the community for a lead developer to help get us back on track.

I have made alot of enemies it appears because of this situation (some of you forum guys said some pretty rude and unnecessary things, shame on you) but alot of support has also come through and many new friends have been made.

For those of you that stand by DopeCoin I promise I will do everything in my power to get the project back on track. For those of you that don't, I wish you luck with your other adventures.

Sincerely,

Dopey

well, maybe i can help... ( leafcoin dev )
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 11, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
What' about that dopecoin giveaway that was running two week ago?
Where i send wallet adress?

Thanx
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
February 11, 2014, 03:57:33 PM

Sincerely,

Dopey

Thanks for the explanation.

Patiently waiting on launch II

http://i59.tinypic.com/13z0thw.jpg
February 11, 2014, 11:04:27 AM
Thanks for the honesty, and good luck for the relaunch.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 11, 2014, 11:01:19 AM
relaunch is nice , was affraid i got scammed which made me sad because i realy like this coin , looking Forward to attempt nr 2 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
February 11, 2014, 10:48:54 AM

Website got hammered with so much traffic the download link was hard to access
Massive DDOS attacks and volume took out all of the pools, website and database within 5 seconds of launch

Sincerely,

Dopey

Total respect for this - I have zero respect for those that chose to just slag off your launch (hey guys, things go wrong) just because they didn't get the huge  opportunity to instamine they expected.

It take a lot of work to do this --  you foul mouthed people should just keep a lid on it - you try making something better then?

Look fwd to re-launch - Thank you

PLEASE - i'm sure you know this, but get the main web site updated ASAP

BIg hash on launch that cry like babies because they are 'losing' money can all go **** *********** ** *** ***, IMO

DOPEY, ya got a good coin, a good desgn, a good website, a good following.  These cry babies are going to come back if they smell money.  they have no loyalty, no honor, no emotion.  They are machine. 

At first I thought the coin was gonna be instamined by the devs, considering the diff, etc.  I was wrong.  Sorry.

And about the quoting, much scrolling hahahahahahahahahah

Good luck on the relaunch, keep us posted well be right there to mine it, trade it, hold it.
Pages:
Jump to: