Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 15. (Read 87605 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
These miners will only work on mining pools, that are asicboost compatible. Meaning, they have to run a special coding protocol
for asicboost enabled equipment, like the Dragonmint. As of right now, there are 5 pool options.

ckpool.org
solo.ckpool.org
slushpool.com
bitminter.com
f2pool.com

Thanks Shazam!

But isn't it possible to change the software to make the miner kompatibel with other pools?
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
Dragonmint T1 doesn't work on zpool, zergpool ... ? It shows "dead" in settings but my antminer s9 works without problems with same settings on this pools - some software issues..? Pleas help.

These miners will only work on mining pools, that are asicboost compatible. Meaning, they have to run a special coding protocol
for asicboost enabled equipment, like the Dragonmint. As of right now, there are 5 pool options.

ckpool.org
solo.ckpool.org
slushpool.com
bitminter.com
f2pool.com
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Dragonmint T1 doesn't work on zpool, zergpool ... ? It shows "dead" in settings but my antminer s9 works without problems with same settings on this pools - some software issues..? Pleas help.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
CK

Are you working on any further firmware updates/changes?
Not at the moment, no.
Activity: 33
Merit: 10
CK

Are you working on any further firmware updates/changes?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
If you have 1 in a cold room on low setting  fans will do 32-39% speed which is not terrible.

you will do about 14.4th and use about 1350 watts

At -ck

I would have liked speeds to read

slow
medium
fast

rather then

efficient
balanced
performance

But your firmware tweaks have been very good
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
i am actually interested on how loud this miner can be. i did not find any info on the matter on their site. only that the fans push 206 cfm of air.
Hair-dryer loud in efficient mode, vacuum cleaner loud during regular operation.
Activity: 27
Merit: 4
My miners seem to be working well. The driver seems to be from 15th of april. Can someone recommend if I should update the drivers and if yes, which one should I put in place?
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
Why can't Awesome Miner just use the http API?

I'm guessing that awesome miner thinks the only way to change pools is to scp over a new cgminer.conf file...
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
-ck did good work with the firmware.

I can get it to do 1300 watts at 14.4 th and fan is 38% in an 80f room.

But ssh is locked out .

Can not mine bch  and we need more pools.

Still for the most part I like it.

Well, you COULD mine bch if the pools would simply add the ab support..  For that matter you *should* be able to mine any sha256 coin but for the
pool operators to spend a bit of time to support ab like ck, slush, and a few other pools have already done.
Activity: 261
Merit: 257
Does this mean that cgminer permissions cannot be edited? Otherwise you can't call privileged commands to port 4028, only stuck with summary, stats, etc. and everything else has to be done through the http api.

Privileged operations can only be done through the http API.

Yes, the API does not allow Awesome Miner support, which requires SSH access.

Awesome Miner is the unified interface that I use to manage all of my miners. It gives me essentially a dashboard from which I can see the status of all miners on one screen, perform maintenance tasks on them, and create tigger-action  automatically executing rules that will allow the miners to respond to a number of different scenarios (low hashrate auto-reboot, power off during certain hours and back on automatically later, power off if temps get too high for a defined period, pool switching, etc.)

Why can't Awesome Miner just use the http API?
Activity: 42
Merit: 120
Even if SSH was enabled safely manipulating the config files directly would be difficult, is there some specific feature missing from the API that you need?

Yes, the API does not allow Awesome Miner support, which requires SSH access.

Awesome Miner is the unified interface that I use to manage all of my miners. It gives me essentially a dashboard from which I can see the status of all miners on one screen, perform maintenance tasks on them, and create tigger-action automatically executing rules that will allow the miners to respond to a number of different scenarios (low hashrate auto-reboot, power off during certain hours and back on automatically later, power off if temps get too high for a defined period, pool switching, etc.)
Activity: 538
Merit: 175
Does this mean that cgminer permissions cannot be edited? Otherwise you can't call privileged commands to port 4028, only stuck with summary, stats, etc. and everything else has to be done through the http api.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
Direct manipulation of the config files can cause hardware damage.

Which would give them reason to void the warranty and have people buy replacements.

Weak excuse.....
Thank you, I realize SSH is not presently supported. I am curious if anyone knows when it will be supported -- or if a decision has been made that it'll never be supported. Is -ck off the project or continuing development? Perhaps he can enlighten us?

Even if SSH was enabled safely manipulating the config files directly would be difficult, is there some specific feature missing from the API that you need?
Activity: 42
Merit: 120
Managing via SSH is not supported, you need to use the API.

Thank you, I realize SSH is not presently supported. I am curious if anyone knows when it will be supported -- or if a decision has been made that it'll never be supported. Is -ck off the project or continuing development? Perhaps he can enlighten us?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

and having deeper-lying Sanity Check routines to set hard limits to config values too far out of bounds reduce the chance of it. Same risks apply to owners of Avalons and BM miners as well - very few reports of folks breaking them via changes done through ssh.
legendary

I suppose there would the pedal to the metal over clocking if some got in via ssh.
I wonder why they do this?
legendary
Given how Halong has behaved from day-1, seems on-par with how they run things.
Kudos for them actually getting product out the door that mostly/does work. Jeers for their support and openness.

-ck did good work with the firmware.

I can get it to do 1300 watts at 14.4 th and fan is 38% in an 80f room.

But ssh is locked out .

Can not mine bch  and we need more pools.

Still for the most part I like it.
Pages:
Jump to: