Pages:
Author

Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob - page 2. (Read 1824 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 11
November 14, 2018, 07:23:56 PM
I think I've made too many mistakes in this crypto-universe. Perhaps the most painful of all my mistakes was having been invited to invest in bitcoin about six years ago, when cryptocurrencies were not yet well known and their price was very cheap. But unfortunately I did not have enough vision to think it would be profitable, so I simply turned my back on bitcoin. Another of my mistakes was having bought ethers below $5.00, to sell them at $7.00, thinking it was a good profit margin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
October 14, 2018, 01:11:08 AM
the dumbest thing I've ever done was when I decided to pause in 2014-2015, even though at that time I was able to produce more than 1-2 bitcoins only through ponzi schemes, faucets and a kind of bounty hunter at that time. If you are an old player, you will still remember Stellar Coin (now called Stellar Lumens) which at that time shared coins for free just by sharing on Facebook and Twitter (I think this is the forerunner to the emergence of a bounty campaign today. Sometimes I still regret why at that time I sold bitcoin to buy one tv and personal computer, but it was okay, because maybe without the personal computer I bought at that time, I could not understand the crypto industry even further until now.
Activity: 882
Volare.network
October 14, 2018, 12:23:17 AM
the stupidest thing I've ever done when I was a newbie is believing in what others say, which has not been proven true. maybe it looks simple, because of this I suffered losses when trading. now I have learned that trusting with others is one mistake
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
October 14, 2018, 12:21:12 AM
Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt
wow, there are so many people who are similar to yours. I know someone who has used his private-key in his wallet holding more than 103 Bitcoins. It's a huge number and it's going to haunt him for a long time. So the lesson is to respect the little things and never look down on them.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 14, 2018, 12:14:54 AM
what I can't forget is my experience as a bounty hunter in crypto, not as an investor. at that time I joined a good project but the project was paused for about 2 months. I forgot to join again and finally I was late. I think it's a good project if I follow it to the end of the period and can make hundreds of dollars from there.
Activity: 812
October 14, 2018, 12:10:10 AM
The dumbest thing i did in cryptomarket is selling my coin at cheap price and after i sell it, the price spike up more than x3. I am regret it until not and thats why i am plan to hold my coin for long term
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
October 13, 2018, 11:59:19 PM
I thought that the lowest a coin could go was 1 satoshi so I bought several one satoshi coins thinking I couldnt lose. LOL.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 46
Id Telegram : @dam_six
October 13, 2018, 11:47:45 PM
25 Ethereum and you give it in vain. LOL
It was very sad to hear it and for me the number was very big.
Hopefully this event will not happen again in the future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
September 15, 2018, 02:10:09 AM
Surely that is your nightmare that continues to haunt.
It's very difficult to forget about that event and it will continue to be remembered by you.

You better forget about 25 Ethereum and now you can do other activities that can get Ethereum back, like trading and bounty.
Activity: 298
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 09, 2018, 06:34:00 PM
The most important thing is that you learn from your previous mistake. Don't regret on the things that cannot be undone. Always think of the present. All newbies will make a mistake. It just so happen that you are not sure on what you were doing and that is why it happened.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
September 09, 2018, 06:23:46 PM
Am sure most newbies have done one dumb things one way or the other. In my early days in cryptocurrency, I hardly know what bitcoin address is.  Imagine me loosing a whole 1 bitcoin in the quess of converting Perfect Money to bitcoin. I wish I could have that one bitcoin now.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
September 09, 2018, 06:06:50 PM
I bet most of the newcomers have sold their tokens for a low market value not expecting that its market price will further increase due to the natural market volatility as well as selling due to panic. Many people have experienced the pressure on to sell already or to further hold bounty rewards with hesitations because the increase is not continuous in terms of the price of the token. These are the common mistakes that the new ones are doing.
Activity: 126
My dumbest thing I did when I do panic selling all of my holding coins. Selling those at a low price If I hold for a bit and wait atleast a profit maybe I have already in huge of btc.

Same with me. When I was still a noob I sell my coins because of panic.  I really regretted doing it, if only I hold it longer then I can get more.
Activity: 40
Just yesterday I needed to offer a portion of my Bitcoins for ZAR - the BTC/ZAR cost was falling because of political reasons and I needed to profit by it by offering high and purchasing low. I saw the numbers fly past on the trade and began to freeze. In my flurry, I bobbled to get an offer request submitted and did not understand I was composing a low cost into the crate. So I sold my Bitcoins for about $100 less per Bitcoin than what I could have gotten. Lucikly the cost went down sufficiently far so I could purchase again and simply equal the initial investment, yet I could have made a little had I recently centered more.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I think the dumbest thing for me would have to be selling the bitcoins my friend gifted me when I first got into cryptos. I just wanted the money and it was not even worth much at the time. Then when bitcoin bulled, I finally realized my mistake and by then it was too late. Now I don't sell coins indiscriminately no matter how badly they are doing.
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
Dumbest thing I did? Well I didnt pay attention on crypto before Soi stopped and for me that was the dumbest move i made.  I cannot say that Im a pro at this but Im pretty sure that Im not the only one. So for all those newbies out there I will suggest to you that keep on reading reliable articles. Study how this thing works and Ill guaranteed you a sweet taste of success.
Same with me, I already knew crypto 3 years ago but didn't focus on it, I have made 1 bitcoin before and sell it afterwards, i have no idea that it will bloom in the future
Activity: 210
first of all I condolence you for the incident.

but it's just the past and do not get it over, everyone has a bad past and they can make it so happy when into the future.
forget your 25Ethereum and do it again to find it by trading in cryptocurrency or following a bounty campaign.
Activity: 88
Dumbest thing I did? Well I didnt pay attention on crypto before Soi stopped and for me that was the dumbest move i made.  I cannot say that Im a pro at this but Im pretty sure that Im not the only one. So for all those newbies out there I will suggest to you that keep on reading reliable articles. Study how this thing works and Ill guaranteed you a sweet taste of success.
Activity: 322
Merit: 111
the dumbest thing i did is panic selling. cause in just a newbie i think about 2 years ago. when i see the price starts to go down i sell all my altcoin. but after a month the price goes up and up and up. haaaay 😩

Similar here. I also did a few panic selling, which cause me lost a lot. I guess you did not really loss until you sell your coin. For me, I bought at a high price when everyone start to enter the crypto market, then I sold a bunch when the price start to fall down. Now I am holding the rest of my coins.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

It is okay. With that, you were learning that you must write down or copy all of your wallet information next time.
Sometimes the mistakes you done become experience even the dumbest thing.
I was trying to unlock eth address using private key : 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
That is the dumbest thing i have done.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: