Pages:
Author

Topic: Easy to use portable Bitcoin client - page 4. (Read 5221 times)

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
January 09, 2013, 10:56:13 AM
I will either remove it, or add a similar reverse button to the lite GUI.
Thanks for changing that  Smiley

That's done: the lite gui has the same switch button now.
I will make a 1.6.1 release this week end.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
January 09, 2013, 07:26:59 AM
ahh, thanks ?

No dude there is no such menu which is why I am confused.
No menu, no other buttons etc.

I keep saying that, somehow my client is only showing the Receive/Send buttons and that "hide used addresses" at the bottom
that is it (on Ubuntu 32bit)

No other options.
I even tried maximizing to see if a menu bar would come up.
It does not

WTH man ?
can't even give a screenshot here
i click image and try to post a screenshot, but don't know how, is there an XML tag I have to use to post within my post here ?

God dam, this is ridiculous

If you are using the Unity desktop in newer Ubuntu versions then this could be the issue. I think they strip the menu from the app window and stick it up top of the desktop. So try looking up there for a menu and click View->Classic Gui.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
January 09, 2013, 04:58:58 AM
Thanks for changing that  Smiley
legendary
January 09, 2013, 04:39:07 AM
I realize it was a mistake to introduce a button to switch GUI without an easy way back.
legendary
January 09, 2013, 04:36:31 AM
Not sure why you don't get the menu bar... What version of ubuntu?
Try this: close electrum, type "electrum set gui classic" in a terminal and restart electrum.
Yes, open a terminal and try this! It should open a normal interface.
You can take a screenshot, save it, and upload it here: http://tinypic.com/
After the upload you get a link that you can post here.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016
January 09, 2013, 02:52:13 AM
Not sure why you don't get the menu bar... What version of ubuntu?

Try this: close electrum, type "electrum set gui classic" in a terminal and restart electrum.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 08, 2013, 11:32:52 PM
ahh, thanks ?

No dude there is no such menu which is why I am confused.
No menu, no other buttons etc.

I keep saying that, somehow my client is only showing the Receive/Send buttons and that "hide used addresses" at the bottom
that is it (on Ubuntu 32bit)

No other options.
I even tried maximizing to see if a menu bar would come up.
It does not

WTH man ?
can't even give a screenshot here
i click image and try to post a screenshot, but don't know how, is there an XML tag I have to use to post within my post here ?

God dam, this is ridiculous
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 08, 2013, 10:07:54 PM
I wouldn't trust any other bitcoin client other than the original genuine, uptodate bitcoin client.... The normal, client.
Activity: 34
January 08, 2013, 08:44:16 PM
Above the BitCoinCount and Receive there should be Fields called Bitcoin View Extra and Help. You click on View then Classic View.
January 08, 2013, 08:13:35 PM
in the menu ?
classic gui ?

ahh, I don't know have a clue what/where that is,
in my client i have only two buttons Receive and Send

where / how can I get this classic gui which was I originally wanted to know

if you can give exact simple instructions like I am a fucking retard, that would be appreciated

thanks
legendary
January 08, 2013, 03:17:31 AM
I am using electrum 1.6.0
I tried going to a free bitcoin website to see if my wallet address was working (one of the five that electrum gave me)
Seemed to work since I tried another address and "it said" you already have a deposit in your wallet.

The problem is the electrum client
When I first started it out, it was the expanded GUI client interface ,
Unfortunately now all I see is the small skin interface without the usual commands

After searching for the last two hours, I still don't know how to go back to that larger GUI screen as there are no buttons to indicate how to do that.

Any ideas ?
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit)  and I am just starting my knowledge of linux and Ubuntu
but learn quickly.

argh, frustrating when all i see our posts about the code etc. which is above my head

it is in the menu, 'classic gui'
January 07, 2013, 10:29:31 PM
I am using electrum 1.6.0
I tried going to a free bitcoin website to see if my wallet address was working (one of the five that electrum gave me)
Seemed to work since I tried another address and "it said" you already have a deposit in your wallet.

The problem is the electrum client
When I first started it out, it was the expanded GUI client interface ,
Unfortunately now all I see is the small skin interface without the usual commands

After searching for the last two hours, I still don't know how to go back to that larger GUI screen as there are no buttons to indicate how to do that.

Any ideas ?
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit)  and I am just starting my knowledge of linux and Ubuntu
but learn quickly.

argh, frustrating when all i see our posts about the code etc. which is above my head
legendary
December 28, 2012, 09:27:46 AM
I guess this binary uses the --portable flag on startup, and this (hopefully) is the only difference.
why don't you ask slush to create an official "portable" executable file with this option?
I took the latest official slush build and made it portable using a batch file, quite simple. You can download and test it.
Yes, I would appreciate an "official" portable build from slush, like the previous builds from flatfly Smiley
I also would appreciate a slim client for everyday use with only the core features.  
legendary
December 28, 2012, 07:39:55 AM
Download: http:// ge.tt/3CppLwT/v/0

I do appreciate the work you do to promote Electrum.
However, I am very concerned by binaries distributed by third parties, because this is a potential vector for malware.

I guess this binary uses the --portable flag on startup, and this (hopefully) is the only difference.
why don't you ask slush to create an official "portable" executable file with this option?
legendary
December 28, 2012, 07:10:46 AM
Note: In the settings, only select "Lite" or "Classic" as the default GUI. Do not select GTK or Text - its not (yet) compatible!
legendary
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
December 25, 2012, 07:05:36 AM
Nice client, exactly what i was looking for! Now i can store the wallet on my usb flash drive.
Thanks for making it portable  Smiley
Activity: 40
December 21, 2012, 10:13:44 AM
This is cool thanks!
legendary
December 21, 2012, 05:28:41 AM
I've heard about it but have been hesistant to try out new clients, but the fact that you mentioned
you can easily store it in a Truecrypt container makes it a winner in my eyes.
I always run Electrum-portable from a thumb drive. I open a Truecrypt container, start the client <> close the client, close the container, and the wallet is safe!  You should always keep a copy of the container on a second drive in case it gets corrupted.

Download: http://ge.tt/3CppLwT/v/0
legendary
December 20, 2012, 06:48:43 AM
Does it support others port else then 80
like 82,3128
You can use e.g. TCP, http, https (443) and Tor. It also depends on the server you choose.
A good choice is electrum.bitcoin.cz
Activity: 1
December 20, 2012, 06:32:53 AM
Does it support others port else then 80
like 82,3128
Pages:
Jump to: