Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebang Announces E9++, E10, and E10.1 - page 3. (Read 14649 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 03, 2018, 04:19:46 PM
Weren't S9's on sale last night for 2400?
Activity: 158
Merit: 103
January 03, 2018, 01:18:09 PM
Not sure who should go for this sale? Most of the small miners does not have 86k+$ to invest. I doubt resellers will be able to make huge profits on these also.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
January 03, 2018, 11:30:00 AM
http://miner.ebang.com.cn/goods-2.html

Flash sale E10 18T 4300$
Minimum order qty 20

Grin

hehe, they lowered the price even more. This is second batch as it comes in March.
Activity: 158
Merit: 103
January 03, 2018, 11:26:54 AM
http://miner.ebang.com.cn/goods-2.html

Flash sale E10 18T 4300$
Minimum order qty 20

Grin
January 03, 2018, 10:52:21 AM
Not sure that anyone else can deliver 1000 machines today except Ebang.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 03, 2018, 10:50:57 AM
I was there at the e10 presentation in HangZhou, China.

The chip was produced by Samsung, the design of it and the PCB by Ebang.

There were 4 teams of non Chinese people at the event, 3 from Russia and 1 from Serbia. Every team was a large account to Ebang.

When they announced pricing, everyone was kind of a stunt. Everyone came optimistic to buy a whole lot, like 1000 machines. On that day they offered e10 for $5500, and no one bought anything. Smiley

Next day they lowered the price to $4900, and I still think that no one bought anything.

First batch delivery is set to 20.1.2018

Machine is real, I have seen it working, but just a bit expensive.

Yeah, they are going to make people go talk with Bitmain, Canaan, Pangolinminer and Bitfury with that high amount price.

Thanks for the presentation event report.  Smiley
January 03, 2018, 10:47:19 AM
I was there at the e10 presentation in HangZhou, China.

The chip was produced by Samsung, the design of it and the PCB by Ebang.

There were 4 teams of non Chinese people at the event, 3 from Russia and 1 from Serbia. Every team was a large account to Ebang.

When they announced pricing, everyone was kind of a stunt. Everyone came optimistic to buy a whole lot, like 1000 machines. On that day they offered e10 for $5500, and no one bought anything. Smiley

Next day they lowered the price to $4900, and I still think that no one bought anything.

First batch delivery is set to 20.1.2018

Machine is real, I have seen it working, but just a bit expensive.

Activity: 14
January 02, 2018, 05:13:04 PM
Said it once, and I'll say it again.

Their service is the worst, their product is "alright", their prices are now... outrageous....

No matter the mind backflips you have to make to get to "Ok fine, I'll buy one", you really shouldn't. Supporting a manufacturer who treats its customers worse than Bitmain (and that's a low bar) is committing some form of masochism.

FWIW, at one point, their ebit e9 (not the plus) would have been worth the purchase, but the latest models are outrageous at best.
Activity: 111
Merit: 17
January 02, 2018, 05:12:42 PM
Received reply from Ebit sales team. They need 100 units as minimum order  Shocked. We all need to stick together to break this monopoly. There is no fair trade happening with Chinese manufacturers.

No way I would buy 100 from them. They have shown to a) oversell and then give you the run around about putting it towards new miner when they get some which they can't tell you when,  or refund mabey weeks later b) offer near zero support c) a good percent, ~15%, from what I can tell (from my e9+'s and others) seem to go bad or one of the three boards goes bad d) the sales process is a joke, it's you badgering them via skype for invoices, confirmation of wired money and tracking numbers, they offer nothing up on their own.

c) coupled with b) is atrocious. a) is just criminal. d) is a sign of we have no idea what we're doing, we've never sold anything before

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 02, 2018, 04:41:36 PM
Pangolin's got a more retail-friendly set up and they release new miners pretty quickly

What the heck is retail-friendly about 100 units? LOL

Scrap'

I think you read it wrong.

Pangolinminer sell their WhatsMiner hardware even for small quantity customers.
So you can order only one WhatsMiner M3 with the custom psu if you want to.

Ebang sells their Ebit hardware only for large quantity customers now, minimum order quantity 100 units.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 03:39:12 PM
Pangolin's got a more retail-friendly set up and they release new miners pretty quickly

What the heck is retail-friendly about 100 units? LOL

Scrap'
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
January 02, 2018, 02:06:51 PM
I can assure you, Bitmain does not allow large customers (at least not from the US) to have access or knowledge of preorders before everyone else. We do a lot of business through Bitmain, but have never been able to get special treatment. If you have info that says otherwise, please let me know - I'd love to get special treatment  Wink

You might not be spending as much as you think if thats the case.
Activity: 41
January 01, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
does anyone have more info about this miner?

what more info is there that you need? Its a crazy overpriced miner that has efficiency rivaled by the avalon 841 at double the price.
I guess you haven't seen the stats on the 841 or the current prices for S9.

Hop on ebay and tell me if you can find an S9 for less than $6000.  Bitcoin going to $20k caused some serious fomo and there are way more buyeras than sellers right now.  Best thing that could happen would be for bitcoin to fall under 10 and stay there for at least a week or two and get some people out of the market.

These machines are probably the most afffordable miners in the world right now.

There's an old saying: everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.  I'll happily pay $5000 for an 18th e10 while everyone else is paying $6000 for an s9

But I'm not paying $6,000 for an S9 I'm paying $2,700 from Bitmain.
When you put 13.5 TH/s for $2,700 VS 18 TH/s for $$5,200 it's not a good deal at all.
I can get 2 S9 so 27 TH/s for near the same price so I would say for hashing power the S9 is the most affordable miner for value right now...Or if noise and power consumption aren't an issue Pangolin miner have stock every few days for 11.5 TH/s for $1,188.

Agreed that a price dip in bitcoin would be beneficial for the price of miner's though.

Can you actually get the machine from bitmain, though?  They usually sell out their pre-orders in minutes.  If you've ever wondered why, it's because some people have done enough business with them that they can just make a phone call and pre-order the pre-order, leaving scraps for individual retail buyers. If you wait 3 months for delivery on your miners, it means you've missed out on 3 months of mining.  Pangolin's got a more retail-friendly set up and they release new miners pretty quickly, but you've still only got minutes to get your order in for a machine that's not so great. For that price, why not just find yourself a pair of a6 and not have to wait?

To each their own, but I'd rather pay more and mine today.

Pay more and mine today?
You can't buy an E10 yet can you?

I would guess that you won't have an E10 in hand for at least a couple of months.
By that stage my S9's will have been mining already.
Yes you can actually get them from Bitmain I bought a dozen about a week and a half ago and I would say Bitmain will sell another batch of S9 before the E10 is on sale.

I wouldn't buy an A6 at this stage as I would actually need 3 to match the hash power of a pangolin miner and that would be about 3100w power consumption.
AT 2000w the Pangolin is within reason for me with the electricity price I pay but 3100w is too hungry for 10.5TH/s of 3 A6.
That idea may certainly be feasible for someone paying lower electricity cost though.

Certainly agree it has been ultra difficult to get the Pangolin miners.
I have failed with every batch over the last few weeks.
I was very lucky that a colleague of mine managed to get some and sold me some of his order.
Very nice guy. Smiley

Activity: 62
December 31, 2017, 06:11:04 AM
Can you actually get the machine from bitmain, though?  They usually sell out their pre-orders in minutes.  If you've ever wondered why, it's because some people have done enough business with them that they can just make a phone call and pre-order the pre-order, leaving scraps for individual retail buyers...

I can assure you, Bitmain does not allow large customers (at least not from the US) to have access or knowledge of preorders before everyone else. We do a lot of business through Bitmain, but have never been able to get special treatment. If you have info that says otherwise, please let me know - I'd love to get special treatment  Wink

They usually inform about 24hrs before the product is going online
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
December 31, 2017, 01:07:05 AM
Can you actually get the machine from bitmain, though?  They usually sell out their pre-orders in minutes.  If you've ever wondered why, it's because some people have done enough business with them that they can just make a phone call and pre-order the pre-order, leaving scraps for individual retail buyers...

December 30, 2017, 11:37:20 PM

what more info is there that you need? Its a crazy overpriced miner that has efficiency rivaled by the avalon 841 at double the price.

Hop on ebay and tell me if you can find an S9 for less than $6000.  Bitcoin going to $20k caused some serious fomo and there are way more buyeras than sellers right now.  Best thing that could happen would be for bitcoin to fall under 10 and stay there for at least a week or two and get some people out of the market.

There's an old saying: everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.  I'll happily pay $5000 for an 18th e10 while everyone else is paying $6000 for an s9

When you put 13.5 TH/s for $2,700 VS 18 TH/s for $$5,200 it's not a good deal at all.
I can get 2 S9 so 27 TH/s for near the same price so I would say for hashing power the S9 is the most affordable miner for value right now...Or if noise and power consumption aren't an issue Pangolin miner have stock every few days for 11.5 TH/s for $1,188.

Agreed that a price dip in bitcoin would be beneficial for the price of miner's though.

Can you actually get the machine from bitmain, though?  They usually sell out their pre-orders in minutes.  If you've ever wondered why, it's because some people have done enough business with them that they can just make a phone call and pre-order the pre-order, leaving scraps for individual retail buyers. If you wait 3 months for delivery on your miners, it means you've missed out on 3 months of mining.  Pangolin's got a more retail-friendly set up and they release new miners pretty quickly, but you've still only got minutes to get your order in for a machine that's not so great. For that price, why not just find yourself a pair of a6 and not have to wait?

To each their own, but I'd rather pay more and mine today.
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
December 30, 2017, 05:19:35 PM
I'd love to know if the warranty can be transferred to other people. With a minimum order quantity of 100 units, I'm hoping the answer is yes.
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
December 30, 2017, 04:25:34 PM
I like the product, BUT
Much to expensive... nethash will explode next year... profits will get much smaller.

Good luck trying to mine 5000+ USD back into your pocket ==> will skip this
Activity: 41
December 29, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

December 28, 2017, 09:29:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: