Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Devastation - page 49. (Read 504776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
October 19, 2015, 06:31:58 PM
Alright then, it can be a bottom- up organization too.
However these local communities must be tied into a network. Otherwise you end up again with citi-states and wars  and bigotry between eachother.
I mean some form of ties and collaboration must always occur.

If you want a free market, prosperity and world peace, the I think you have to eliminate tribalism. Because if you think about it every single mob/gang in human history was race based: italian mob, russian mob, latino mob, irish mob ,etc...

They were all segregated and felt hostile in a different enviroment, so they organized and formed crime organizations, as a process of leveraging the society in their favor.
A  "knowedge age" free global market has no way to defend against mobs or military defense, when a hostile bigot group attacks a certain sector.
So I start to belive that for a real free market , tribalism must be gone, because then gangs will be totaly eliminated ,and it can be a  real era of peace and prosperity.

All points are true. A nice proposition would've been the integration of blockchain as a means for "bonding" the voters to the government prerequisites before, let's say, the government take money from the people to do something. Let me explain further. Say you voted for Obama and he promised that he will liberate the health care system. You vote for him, backing him with your vote AND your part of the deal. Each vote will count for the specific amount of money that YOU and your fellow voters will back his plans towards delivering what he promised.

All the above -of course- is something that pops out of my head while I really need some sleep (have 4hrs before I must get up again). It's a nice conversation though, and delivers something more than the usual "whining" that "everything sucks".

Goodnight from Greece.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 19, 2015, 06:18:00 PM

OK, let me try and give my best shot at what I *THINK* it would be best. Local communities are the primal cells of a healthy government. The great success with the Athenians of the gold century of Pericles was that they actually could speak and debate up close and personally with their leader. Personal contact is mandatory afaic the democratic control. This happens because the leader cannot do harm to the people that they look him in the eye (because tomorrow they will meet again!).

Globalization on the other hand, tends to leave the leaders to their absolute solitude and delivers the ability to perform whatever discrepancy they wish from what they might have suggested during their election campaigns. This way, they have nothing that keeps them from stealing for their own benefit, enforce certain politics that oppress the people, to name a few.

The best politics should have been a form of local globalization. This comes as a draft to my mind but I surely think that if we formed a global government that we could actually see and talk them (while everybody listens at the same time), will somehow prevent them from doing harm... or not. The tech is here anyway. Roll Eyes

Alright then, it can be a bottom- up organization too.

However these local communities must be tied into a network. Otherwise you end up again with citi-states and wars  and bigotry between eachother.

I mean some form of ties and collaboration must always occur.

If you want a free market, prosperity and world peace, the I think you have to eliminate tribalism. Because if you think about it every single mob/gang in human history was race based: italian mob, russian mob, latino mob, irish mob ,etc...

They were all segregated and felt hostile in a different enviroment, so they organized and formed crime organizations, as a process of leveraging the society in their favor.

A  "knowedge age" free global market has no way to defend against mobs or military defense, when a hostile bigot group attacks a certain sector.

So I start to belive that for a real free market , tribalism must be gone, because then gangs will be totaly eliminated ,and it can be a  real era of peace and prosperity.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
October 19, 2015, 05:59:01 PM
Ok I have a question, and please answer it with your best knowledge:
Is globalization necessary for this "Knowledge Age", and what is the benefit of 1 world government in terms of Freedom vs Civilization balance.
You have to admit that brutal tribalist genes work in humans, causing racism, hatred and discrimination for your fellow man. A globalised world will eliminate discrimination. However It can also be a little bit bad for personal freedom.
But do we need really absolute personal freedoms when the technology will be ultra big, and there will be plenty of resources for all?
Or do we shift toward a totalitarian system, where rationing will be the only resource distribution mechanism?
It can be a networked free market (drone mailing? drone product delivery?).
I am having a dilemma here, so please explain me the benefits and drawbacks of Globalization vs Local communities?

OK, let me try and give my best shot at what I *THINK* it would be best. Local communities are the primal cells of a healthy government. The great success with the Athenians of the gold century of Pericles was that they actually could speak and debate up close and personally with their leader. Personal contact is mandatory afaic the democratic control. This happens because the leader cannot do harm to the people that they look him in the eye (because tomorrow they will meet again!).

Globalization on the other hand, tends to leave the leaders to their absolute solitude and delivers the ability to perform whatever discrepancy they wish from what they might have suggested during their election campaigns. This way, they have nothing that keeps them from stealing for their own benefit, enforce certain politics that oppress the people, to name a few.

The best politics should have been a form of local globalization. This comes as a draft to my mind but I surely think that if we formed a global government that we could actually see and talk them (while everybody listens at the same time), will somehow prevent them from doing harm... or not. The tech is here anyway. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
October 19, 2015, 05:27:44 PM

RealBitcoin

My views would be pretty close to trollercoaster's.

Typically as governments get more power, they get more oppressive and serve their people less.  Bigger government is less efficient.  Big government is responsive.  Big government typically perpetrates more outrages (latest by the US .gov: Irwin Schiff dying alone, away from his family while CHAINED to a hospital bed...).

A globalist world government would NOT eliminate racism, etc.  In fact, they would play favorites, pick and choose beneficiaries and enemies based on THEIR criteria alone.  You would want THAT?

A Knowledge Age would presumably work better under a less-centralized government, but you would have to ask TPTB...  Such an Age might be a part of throwing off the yoke of a huge government.

Generally speaking, a small government is better than a large one.  Cheaper too (small governments cost less).

EDIT:

I just saw your new post.  WHOSE culture would draw up the rules over governing?  I would NOT want 1 billion Muslims voting away my wife's and daughter's rights! 

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
October 19, 2015, 05:01:01 PM
How do you like the Euro? Now imagine it on steriods, because you wish for it to have power over personal choice, answer that truthfully.

A centralized global government is such an awful idea, I would rather be dead.

Who says a global government must force European values upon the masses?

Do you really believe 1 billion muslims will comply with your false god of equality?

What is wrong with discrimination? I discriminate every day when I make choices in life, eg: I would not hire a transgendered mentally ill man to babysit my children.

You basically wish to have control over my personal choices.

Wtf dude.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
October 19, 2015, 04:25:03 PM
Leaving aside whether South Korea's current technological success is genetic, environmental, or economical, I am curious as to whether we see this extending into the realm of mathematics, computer science, and even cryptocurrency.  

Have we seen a recent rise of South Koreans making contributions to these fields, or has their always been a large amount of Koreans making names for themselves in these things?  

I only ask because I know that China is heavily involved in crypto of all forms but you don't hear much coming out of SK.  (though population # may play a factor)
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2015, 03:30:10 PM
Neither Japan nor China have a irreparable problem, because they can leverage the other countries in the Asian Union such as the Philippines which have excellent demographics and low debt.

OROBTC, I've been told that Japan's metallurgy has been far superior to that of Korea. I don't know if that is still the case, but I suspect so. The Japanese are like the Germans of Asia, they are perfectionists with extreme attention to details.

TPTB

That's an interesting notion that Japanese metallurgy is far superior to Korea's, I had not heard that.  It is worth me looking into.  I do not know how to (cheaply) find THAT out.  There is a service we used out of Cleveland to check bearings for noise, dimensional accuracy, etc.  Also nearby was a laboratory that did various kinds of metallurgical testing, which we only did on TWO pieces because that testing was EXPENSIVE ($1200 some 16 years ago).

Korean technology in automotive batteries (for example) is quite advanced, probably ahead of the USA, but less advanced than Japan's.

Based on very limited personal experience, I would concur that Japanese perfectionism is greater than Korean.  We NEVER get a short-count from our Japanese supplier.  The packaging is always perfect from Japan.  Korea will on occasion mess up an order (eg, bulk packing in a box or two when the pieces should have been individually boxed for retail sale).  Korean senior pilots tell the junior ones to STFU, even if the senior guy is wrong (that is changing).
This could be so.
But watching a recent episode of Click british technology show, they were seeing how Japan is doing with it's technology innovation recently. The reporter was saying that Korea has over taken Japan in technology in the past few years, they buy Korea's technology to put in their products. That is not hard to believe. I wouldn't doubt that South Korea alone is richer than Japan either.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
October 19, 2015, 03:22:36 PM

....However, such a world offers little if it does not also limit coercion and defection.

And with this, you just became my newest favorite account to read. 
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
October 18, 2015, 10:17:15 PM

I am going to write some profound statements which I never before wrote in this thread or else where with such clarity of focus.

What I believe is that the level of power vacuum we get due to collectivism is driven entirely by what is most economically efficient. The level of power vacuum we've seen since the Athenian empire has been driven by two facts:

1. Agricultural Age required aggregation of capital in the form of land and the State to protect the land.

2. Industrial Age required the aggregation of capital to fund the large fixed capital investment of the factory.

Humans have (at least culturally and environmentally, if not also genetically but surely not homogeneous genetics) adapted to the economic reality of where the power naturally ended up in the power-law distribution of wealth and the critical importance of aggregating capital in those prior two epochs enumerated above. Both the capitalists and labor needed to serve this power vacuum of the collective in order for the economic system of redistribution (from labor to the capitalists but while buying off labor with debt and welfare) to avoid continuous war and chaos that would have been less economic.

And now we enter the Knowledge Age which will decentralize nearly everything.

What you or I believe is irrelevant. Nature will determine what is. Nature has moved to a new paradigm called the Knowledge Age. It is Just Time (for the change in epochs).
I believe the decentralists will reap the huge economic gains regardless where they are physically residing.
I wish for a world that is meritorious without power vacuums (Coasian barriers to maximum fitness). We know from our up thread discussions that nature finds a balance between completely undamped chaos and some organizational structure. I believe the Knowledge Age is a radical shift to more decentralization of power.

I agree with all of this.

A farmer in the agricultural age could achieve some protection from theft and violence by arming himself. He could protect himself against a small hostile groups by forming defensive pacts with neighboring farmers. However, defense against large scale organized violence requires an army and thus a state. In the Industrial Age the state was also required perhaps less to aggregate capital and more to protect such aggregations. Laws, judges, and property rights permit capital to be safely concentrated and deployed.

In human interactions we often face a choice between cooperation (reaching a mutually beneficial exchange) and defection (advancement of ourselves to the detriment of our fellow man).  In the Agriculture Age a cooperator might approach a farmer and ask to trade or perhaps for his daughters hand in marriage. The defector might kill the farmer and take the farm.

Collectivism exists because it limits defection especially those forms of defection linked to physical violence. Collectivism is expensive and inefficient. However, the inefficiencies associated with collectivism are less (at least historically) than the inefficiencies that come from the violence and defections that occur in an environment of unrestrained individualism.

Today we are seeing more complex forms of defection dominating the economic reality. The primary tool of today's defector is not violence but ignorance. The banks and those who own them corrupt natural market forces and profit while causing massive malinvestment via fiat currency and fractional reserve lending. At the other end of the spectrum disability and welfare scammers live off the taxpayer instead of working.

Modern collectivism certainly has serious problems the largest of which is that it is entirely unsustainable in its current form. However, in the medium term (well before any spontaneous collapse) it appears set to drive us via economic fundamentals and debt into a single world government paradigm. We may indeed be transitioning into a Knowledge Age, but a Knowledge Age alone will not immediately solve the problem of defection and thus will not eliminate the economic need for collectivism.

I share your wish for a world that is meritorious and without power vacuums. However, such a world offers little if it does not also limit coercion and defection.
legendary
October 18, 2015, 06:08:57 PM
Perhaps we can offer the world a prosperous option to opt-out of the collapsing one. But do we have it already? Bitcoin? Monero? Small economies. Something is lacking in terms of widespread adoption. Into the abyss we go.

What are we really lacking?

Balls.

Cryptocurrency exists already. If people had balls, they could just start to use it.

I think victory is ours - we just wait how many more mistakes the enemy makes - and in the end we stand victorious. Like chess, when you know what the enemy's weak point is: They lie. We tell the truth. When people grow balls, they start to appreciate us more, and into the abyss the enemy goes.
 Smiley

Well, one big thing we are lacking (easy for us to see here at bitcointalk) is a good infrastructure to better using BTC and other cryptocurrencies.  What we have so far is not too bad, though very early, but I would like to see more ANONYMITY in the whole process, that would include the big weakness of delivery of goods purchased.

Unfortunately, it looks like real anonymity & privacy also overlap money laundering in the eyes of authorities.  Which is too damn bad.  A free crypto would net out to being a wonderful thing for freedom.  And privacy.

We also lack Big Ideas, Big Implementation and Global Acceptance. 

Yes, rpietila, a long chess game where "we" outsee and outdo .gov may in the end lead us to what we want.  So in the long-run, yes, I think & hope you are right.

But in the long-run we are all dead too.  Maybe we should do all of this for our children?
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
October 18, 2015, 04:34:09 PM

The person who knows that will become very rich and/or famous if they can act on that knowledge. It could be a technology and/or a marketing insight. Or even a political call-to-action such as Paine's Common Sense. Or even a change in development and investing paradigm. I have some micro and macro ideas/insights, perhaps my having them is due to being much closer knowledge-wise to the technology than you and others are. Or maybe it is just because every human mind is unique.

One could argue we lack nothing but time.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
October 18, 2015, 04:17:39 PM
Perhaps we can offer the world a prosperous option to opt-out of the collapsing one. But do we have it already? Bitcoin? Monero? Small economies. Something is lacking in terms of widespread adoption. Into the abyss we go.

Balls.

Cryptocurrency exists already. If people had balls, they could just start to use it.

I think victory is ours - we just wait how many more mistakes the enemy makes - and in the end we stand victorious. Like chess, when you know what the enemy's weak point is: They lie. We tell the truth. When people grow balls, they start to appreciate us more, and into the abyss the enemy goes.
 Smiley
October 18, 2015, 04:11:31 PM
But i`m not worried about world war, there is no indication that that will happen.

It will be proxy wars between Russia+China versus USA+Japan, in Middle East, Eastern & perhaps Southern Europe, and SE Asia.

Western Europe receiving the flood of refugees from the wars on the periphery. Brilliant plan of the global elite.

The big challenge for the global elite is how to conquer the gun toting Patriots in the USA. They got the other regions sandwiched in proxy wars between the major superpowers, thus will be easy to bring them to their knees to beg for the peace of a world government.

Readers remove the rose colored glasses and adopt the simple reality of it.
October 18, 2015, 04:04:35 PM
We are in deflation because the Minsky Moment approaches. Saudi Arabia also increased production to counteract the lower price because the Middle East needs money for its larger populations and war. War is usually started in this phase of collapse. Perhaps we can offer the world a prosperous option to opt-out of the collapsing one. But do we have it already? Bitcoin? Monero? Small economies. Something is lacking in terms of widespread adoption. Into the abyss we go. I personally haven't given up on creating. I won't repeat my stuff as it is well document else where.

Good luck everyone, including you my friend Risto. Amping (means take care).
donator
October 18, 2015, 03:57:53 PM
Is everyone trolling or is it bad that things become cheaper??!  Embarrassed

Cheaper doesn't always mean that everyone will start buying... It could be used as a restart to the system, but I don't see it happening anytime soon (we're in this since September). FWIW: We're in the verge of several significant global changes and I don't think that "cheap oil" signifies a new circle of prosperity...

Ah sorry, I thought you would have ascended that already.

We don't want the cancer restarted but eradicated.

We are ready to move to knowledge age, robotics age, freedom age, capitalism age, or any other paradigm except the suffocating fascism-imperialism we now have.

(Nobody has even submitted to my contest of designing a worse financial system than the present. Perhaps the banksters had the competition already in Jekyll Island, and the winner was put into practice...  Roll Eyes )
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
October 18, 2015, 03:50:22 PM

Cheaper doesn't always mean that everyone will start buying... It could be used as a restart to the system, but I don't see it happening anytime soon (we're in this since September). FWIW: We're in the verge of several significant global changes and I don't think that "cheap oil" signifies a new circle of prosperity...
donator
October 18, 2015, 03:45:30 PM
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
October 18, 2015, 02:58:32 PM

Iran's plan to sell more oil, as well as Saudi selling to Poland (to Russia's big customer, smile) and possible increased selling by Iraq all point to plenty of oil to take care of world demand.

That hints at deflation to me.

I just read in this weekend's Barron's that the US is cranking up its propane export infrastructure big time.  They expect to sell a lot to Asia.  And there is so much natural gas that could be exported (or used withing the USA) that I doubt that oil & gas prices will go much higher for sometime.

Exactly! Deflation on oil prices will continue, also as the commodities (since the economy doesn't seem to recover). It's a chain system! We either need to change the way things move, or we're doomed to live harder times. Oil prices do not have only transport uses; plastic, vinyl, chemicals... you name it! Everything (or nearly everything) is bonded!

One thing is for sure; we need to get this figured out quickly. This cannot go any longer. Undecided
legendary
October 18, 2015, 02:40:38 PM

Iran's plan to sell more oil, as well as Saudi selling to Poland (to Russia's big customer, smile) and possible increased selling by Iraq all point to plenty of oil to take care of world demand.

That hints at deflation to me.

I just read in this weekend's Barron's that the US is cranking up its propane export infrastructure big time.  They expect to sell a lot to Asia.  And there is so much natural gas that could be exported (or used withing the USA) that I doubt that oil & gas prices will go much higher for sometime.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
October 18, 2015, 08:00:21 AM
When the whole world seems stunned about the Oil price dump, here comes another critical factor to move the price even lower... It's funny while at the same time when every technologically advanced country in the world promotes electro-kinesis and renewable energies, how the previous status quo, begins to seem obsolete...

O tempora o mores...
Iran Gets Ready to Sell to the World

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/iran-gets-ready-to-sell-oil-to-the-world
Pages:
Jump to: