Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic situation declining and famous celebs not paying workers - page 5. (Read 789 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
In this economic situation, employees of private establishments are definitely going to face more trouble getting paid for their services, that's if they do not get laid off. In the government establishments, workers are still paid salaries even when the nation was locked down indefinitely; at least if they weren't paid then, the salaries were queued up as salaries owed, but those working for private owned firms are not so lucky, you do not get paid if you do not work and most of this establishments just recently reopened, so they are still struggling to generate income from their business, it's not the fault of the employers nor the workers.
Even celebs like Kylie Jenner who makes more than what these workers combined would make in a lifetime ignored the plea of the workers asking them to pay them so that they don't die of hunger.
The personal assets of the employer is not important, this are individuals that own numerous businesses, and workers receive their salary on what the particular company they work for makes, if the company is not generating any income atm, paying workers becomes an issue, the owner can't deep hands into his own private pockets or sell properties to pay up.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
This is that time of the century I would say where all the established companies, big brands, celebrities who are public figure because of the people's love and support have made them. They should not forget that it is that love and so much passionate support from the people only they are today celebrities or big companies and when they are multi-millionaires or rich they can easily afford to give the wages to their workers. This is also the humanity part which they should be showing towards their workers.

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
It's always been those people at the bottom who will suffer the most during a crisis or economic decline. It's one of the major problems brought by the pandemic since millions of people are suffering from no income and some even lost their job during the lockdown. But I don't think companies should get charged for not paying their workers since they were forced to stop the operation and there's no job done during the lockdown so they are not obliged to pay them for the days they didn't work. Also, the fact that during those days, they have no revenue. However, I also get the point of the workers that they are only depending on their income and nobody wants this pandemic. Companies should have just sent help or compensation for their workers since they have funds like this for emergencies.

What if these people , these small workers start their own brands and directly receive payments in Bitcoins ?  What matters is skills , the price will be cheaper for the person buying it and these people will even make more.

They are small workers, they can hardly find the money for their food so how come they can start their own brand?  Let's say even if they start their own brand, they can't easily make that business big compare to the company where they are working. It will be hard for them to export their products so they can only sell their products locally. But my concern is, would there be enough customers that will use bitcoin as payment.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
To these "bosses" the workers are nothing more than tools that you use and throw away when they are no longer needed. The only way they can fight is by refusing to work for those people who are known as dishonest and exposing them in the Internet and the media. They more proof they're able to gather the better because for those people (celebrities and brands) the only thing that matters is the public image. Damage that and you'll have them on their knees.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I do think most of the people out there are aware of the fact that many big celebrity bands and companies due to Quarantine Declined the payment to the people working for them in small underdeveloped countries like Bangladesh.
People started commenting on the posts of these brands and celebs *pay up* , the comments were soon turned off on their Instagram handle.
I do not know if this topic has already been started but I did think it would help to spread the word.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/869486297/for-bangladeshs-struggling-garment-workers-hunger-is-a-bigger-worry-than-pandemi

A sad statement by a worker mentioned:
*I will die of hunger before I die of the virus*

Some brands agreed to pay up after the people were enraged and in distress , it's a small price to pay when these people are not even making 100$ a month and they are selling the product they make 10 times the profit sometimes.
H&M, Adidas and Nike are among brands that have agreed to pay for back orders totaling some $7.5 billion. As factories reopen, they're fulfilling those orders.

__________________________________________________________ Around £2.4 billion was withheld from the workers of small factories.

Even celebs like Kylie Jenner who makes more than what these workers combined would make in a lifetime ignored the plea of the workers asking them to pay them so that they don't die of hunger.

All of this shows the effects of quarantine , the declining economic situation have sure effected the small companies, minority workers paid not even what we would call a reasonable payment.

All of it have affected the small workers and companies more , problem is most of their companies are even eligible for the government grants !!

Human rights workers contacted these companies and talked with them too , good news is some companies did agree to pay up and at the same time they distributed masks for the workers and improved the health conditions.

This is how unfair the economy is , this is what we mean when we say the poor is getting poorer and the rich is getting Richer .

I do think these companies and celebs should not only pay up they should also face charges for doing this .

[ This is how strong the company label is , it might have been made in a small slum area but when it goes to big countries and companies its sold off for 10-20 times their normal value ]

What if these people , these small workers start their own brands and directly receive payments in Bitcoins ?  What matters is skills , the price will be cheaper for the person buying it and these people will even make more.
[ Payments options can be varied , they can accept wide variety of payments and maybe educated people living near them can help them with investments , even if they start selling their products locally it would be a great deal ! ]

This is why educating people about their options are important, I do think we should spread the word , support the small markets , this pandemic has shown how pity some of these big companies are .
Pages:
Jump to: