Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 112. (Read 345738 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
June 22, 2015, 12:58:53 AM
They actually believe you're Armstrong? Or they're trolling.. It doesn't take a detective to dig up who you are..
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
June 22, 2015, 12:02:59 AM
And then you need to control the nodes of the bitcoin companies, power users, and government agencies across the world. How are you going to do it, Anonymint?

I can give you a specific example where they have done that.

Btw, how come every bank I visit any where in the world (or at least the super-majority of them) say, "sorry we can't open an account for you because you are a US citizen", or they otherwise comply with the USA's FATCA law reporting requirements? And you say that TPTB can't foist a global law yet they already have.

Also as smooth said, TPTB only need to control 51%.

Armstrong confirms that Oct is likely going to be the low for private assets then we head into a phase transition recoil upwards after that:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/33708

He has written in the recent past that the USA stock market phase transition to change alignment from public to private assets cycle.

Bitcoin and gold are private assets.

I maintain greater odds (not but 100% odds) this current rally is not done yet. We will turn down hard after it is.

You are Armstrong. Pls skype chat with cypherdoc, don't box him like you asked, with bodacious 20 year old asian girls cheering you on. That wouldn't prove anything of value, aside from ego stroking.

What that does have to do with anything? Stick to the facts of the matter.

Refute the facts, not the person.

I reckon Cypherdoc's ego is bigger than mine (and I don't even see how I am doing it for ego? I am doing it because I am seriously fucking worried), but I still don't see what that has to do with anything. We are arguing. If you prefer his arguments then go ahead. I am not forcing anyone.

June 21, 2015, 09:42:06 PM
Just wow.  I lacked the ability and interest to think up such stuff.

I lacked the cryptographic depth to dream up C.T., but I added to what they invented in terms of the consensus network. So yes we are all working hard towards fixing the shit you see happening now.

But I can't say I am working with any of them at this time. But the time may come soon...

my, such anger.

I don't do anger very much, but I will admit to being fairly passionate about Bitcoin.  I've been dicking around with it off and on for a long while and I've got something riding on it both in monetary and philosophical terms.

And you are surprised that fierce anger erupts when readers finally wake up and realize they've been fooled about such serious matters.

Merge mining, the hidden requested SC subsidy.

Won't be necessary. They don't know it yet.

But my coin will save us all!

Or "their" coin. Let's see what happens.

You are not up against one person. There is an army of developers that see the light (maybe not the NWO interpretation but the distributed != decentralized one at least).

Did Gavinmike think they could just fork the chain without forking the developers too? Duh.

The beauty of pegged side chains is we are not all working alone, even if we are.
June 21, 2015, 09:12:46 PM
if Bitcoin were to have failed, it would have done it by now.

Depends on what the goal was.

For me the goal was 1) censorship-freedom money aka permission-less commerce, and 2) immutable protocol enforced rules including money supply.

Bitcoin has already failed at #2, because the protocol is being changed now. And this proves it can be changed in any way that the masses can be fooled to support.

And #1 failure is just around the corner.

Peter R,

distributed != decentralization

You assume the former provides the latter.

I can't see a future with less than a thousand or so nodes.

I don't buy the "centralization" fears related to increased blocksize.

Because you don't factor in the government's ease of regulating 1000 permanently sited nodes compared to zillions of ephemeral nodes in a truly decentralized system.

Imagine that every major research university runs a full node. If you were this "scary, monolithic government" that you seem to fear, how would you go about controlling the software that scientists are running in their cryptocurrency labs?

Are you really serious asking that?

Yes.  And you didn't answer.  Specifically, how would you achieve this (remember, there are research universities in numerous legal jurisdictions and in order to be effective you have to control nodes at a lot of them)?

Observe and watch the G20 and world government take form (very slowly like death by a 1000 paper cuts). It will be sight to behold. Like a "1000 points of light" as Grandady Bush put it.

You continue to it oblivious and naive one.

perhaps.  then a different solution will be made.  key thing about Bitcoin is that there are legions of smart, talented ppl working on it now with even more to come.

And legions of developers working to give us alternatives.

Luckily pegged side chains will make that a reality so we can ignore you.

That's OK. Then we just cut back.

I'd rather try than not try at all.

Doubling block size every 2 years is cancer.

A closer match to SV40

A medical doctor who never understood the exponential function. On the Nth day the Lily pads covered 50% of the pond, so Cypherdoc proclaimed we had time to cut back, then we woke up and the pond was smothered. WTF? The exponential function.

And the only way he can keep that promise is to become a dictator. We'll at least their intentions are now mathematically inviolable.

You still didn't answer.

I answered. Oblivious, naive ones don't see it as an answer.

Did he bother to watch that video of the Chinese mine I posted earlier today?

He's a disinformation agent.

Got to love that propaganda that China is not fully on board the NWO plans. (even if not, that the G20 couldn't filter traffic from China that didn't comply)

You protest much. Why? Trying to mind control the readers?
June 21, 2015, 07:57:21 PM
Smooth is apparently being facetious as he is not convinced my idea can work.

I'm not convinced it can work nor that it can't.

Thanks. That would be my same opinion about Monero. Fair.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
June 21, 2015, 07:28:37 PM

I'm not convinced it can work nor that it can't.
June 21, 2015, 07:13:08 PM

That "force field" can entirely nullify DDoS, Sybil attacks and even make it impossible to find the nodes involved. So then when the protocol is encrypted and the "force field" is on, the bastards are toast.

Is anyone working on this? And where do I find more info if it is available?

It's already implemented and in operation right now, but it is impossible for you to find it. -facepalm-

Haha, clever. Of course such a "force field" could be identified yet it doesn't follow that just because the "force field" can be identified, then it can be necessarily attacked. Realize again there is safety in large enough numbers, but only when those masses can't be bribed to do the wrong thing (e.g. as democracy does).

Anything that is entirely impossible to find under any possible means would need to have infinite entropy thus by-definition does not exist. But that does not mean a practical hiding of the nodes can't exist within a "force field" that can't be deconstructed due to its smart-mass. Tor and I2P are attempts but I think they can be Sybil attacked. And hidden Tor servers have been unmasked by the Feds by the 100s (possibly using out-of-band methods which are not Tor's fault or perhaps indeed Sybil attacking the relay nodes and other correlation methods).

I am working on it. In fact, I already described it in a public thread. I will not link to it again. I already did upthread.  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
June 21, 2015, 06:09:23 PM

That "force field" can entirely nullify DDoS, Sybil attacks and even make it impossible to find the nodes involved. So then when the protocol is encrypted and the "force field" is on, the bastards are toast.

It's already implemented and in operation right now, but it is impossible for you to find it. -facepalm-
Activity: 268
Merit: 256
June 21, 2015, 06:01:36 PM
@TPTBNW - "Bitcoin became another fiat" - that cannot happen because Bitcoin is money.
"We will sink into a Dark Age and everything will be expropriated." - a little understated, but true.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/uk-government-backed-scientific-model-flags-risk-of-civilisation-s-collapse-by-2040-4d121e455997
"For the first time, then, we know that in private, British and US government
agencies are taking seriously longstanding scientific data showing that a
business-as-usual trajectory will likely lead to civilisational collapse within
a few decades - generating multiple near-term global disruptions along the way."

Be careful what you wish for.

Suppose you have incredible foresight, and trade the markets, particularly the
US Markets from an unremarkable domestic location in the UK. You have incredible
Capital Gains: how long before you attract the Deep State's interest?
Say 50 percent gain in 10 days? 100 percent in 20 days? 1000 percent in two months?
More? Less? BTW, have you declared your Capital Gains on your Bitcoin?

The Deep State only needs to ask and you could be detained indefinitely for extradition
to the USA pending discovery of whatever just for "being good at your job",
as N Saro claims. Then you face a choice of plea bargaining while in a for-profit
incarceration, maybe, after seven years as in the case of Martin Armstrong.

I'm all for anonymity, and for "free" money, and I believe that when it is generally
understood that there is no way out of this, the right decisions will be made. Until
then, be aware that privacy and anonymity and honesty are not enough.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
June 21, 2015, 02:07:05 PM
Update on my Monero efforts:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11671682

Some hints why what I am working on is so critically needed:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11671506

Aren't gold and oil sidechains of the dollar?  Wink

No they are altcoins.

Depends how many concessions you want to make to your definition of fungible. I can more easily move between BTC to Monero than from a sidechain to BTC. And I would gain more privacy if I just left it on the opaque chain and never worried about making a few early adopters billionaires instead of keeping my data my data. This game's rigged to make fools jump through hoops to get the e-cash they wanted but will never achieve as long as privacy isn't the core of the solution. The rush to force BTC down everyone's throats isn't about "network efffect" it's about getting a second rate e-cash as the standard before anyone has the good sense to say, "This isn't anything like cash and it's even worse than the money the banks brewed up in their lab, because at least that money had to jump a few international hurdles before it leered into our lives."
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 21, 2015, 12:55:10 PM

No they are altcoins.
legendary
June 21, 2015, 10:13:23 AM

June 21, 2015, 02:05:42 AM
It's been clear to me by my reading if the news that for quite a while now traditional institutions have been laughing at us because of our miserable 2-3 TX/'s bottleneck.

Bitcoin can in theory give them very high Txs/sec (and Txs/block) by centralizing the mining onto to higher powered miners.

They may not care when that centralization leads to mandatory KYC tags for all transactions on the block chain due to regulatory capture of hosted mining.

Some other individuals will care about privacy and be pissed off that Bitcoin became another fiat, and they will leave to coin that can remain decentralized and anonymous.

Similarly, because 95% has been mined, I am not so sure that people will use bitcoin over an altcoin as a means of p2p transfer. It's supply in 2024 will be far too small to facilitate hundreds of million of people buying in to actually use it. Because by 2024, either the legacy rail has taken over and bitcoin is far too expensive relative to it's supply OR, it will not have happened and bitcoin will be worth nothing. Perhaps this is too simplistic an argument to make, but 10 years is not actually very long.

It didnt use to concern me, but it does now.

Unless they are given BTC loans. The masses have always used leveraged money (fractional reserves) and not real money, because the capitalists have all the real money.

The real game here is not changing whether the masses will use leveraged money. (nothing will ever change that)

It is the game of protecting the (knowledge age) capitalists from the State (industrial age capitalists+masses).

I have argued that a Knowledge Age is replacing the Industrial Age and the age of high fixed capital is being replaced by active knowledge. Knowledge capitalists don't want to be dictated to by a State because it is incompatible with knowledge production.

I'll be impressed if your solution can operate with less than 100% degradation under a situation where all global (and regional) internet infrastructure providers are highly incentivized to attack it to oblivion and do so with vigor.  A related assumption is that the U.S. NSA or a like replacement 'owns the net' and their analytical abilities of traffic down to the individual packet level are very high.

Your (or A) solution does not need to perform in such an extreme environment indefinitely but it must have a realistic potential to hold out for a period of years.

These threats are not at all far fetched to my way of thinking.  A solution which cannot deal with them is simply not very interesting of valuable to me.  If we don't see such an environment it means that mainstream solutions continue to work more or less as they do now, and to me they work just fine.  I'm interested in how to deal with a world in which they do not.

If you assume that, then just stop now and shoot yourself. Game over. We will sink into a Dark Age and everything will be expropriated.

I assume mankind wants to fight when given the tools to do so.

The system the bastards rely on doesn't run without the knowledge capitalists. We run their system.

If even a few % of us start working on an ecosystem of solutions, they are toast.

They must obscure any takedown as DDoS or hackers, because if they simply filter data on the internet backbones, this will be a clear signal to the hackers that we've entered a war of totalitarianism. If they overtly declare war on hackerdom, they will lose and they know it.

So instead it will be proxy battle.

There is a reason they didn't let the Silkroad sites establish a following. Because once knowledge age capitalists taste freedom to profit and innovate, they don't stop innovating new ways to achieve it.

Once you build an ecosystem around true anonymity, the bastards can never put the cat bag in the bag.

Notice the gradual effort to turn Bitcoin into NWOcoin. They can't be too overt. They will go overt against a supreme threat to hegemony such as anonymous drug markets on Tor hidden servers.

So any counter-effort must be sufficiently disguised as a lower-level threat initially. And there must be a plan to enable a "force-field" protection before going to the overt threat stage.

legendary
June 20, 2015, 09:53:39 PM

June 20, 2015, 09:40:29 PM

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
June 20, 2015, 08:02:52 PM
It was the friction of high fixed capital investment of the Industrial Age which prevented optimal network scaling.

You write as though such “friction” could be indeliberate and unplutocratic.
Activity: 268
Merit: 256
June 20, 2015, 04:16:22 PM
It is good to see fresh impetus given to the search for privacy. A secure method
of communication, indistinguishable from money, proven in use, is the next
evolutionary step in the creation of free money - free in the sense of free speech.

Leaving that for the moment, I again state my view that unless a complete answer
is available, the Deep State will continue to absorb the private sector and to
destroy privacy in particular, because that is its design and purpose - to grow.

Three possible outcomes seem likely: Total domination; or shrinkage; or collapse.
Now, unless you have been walking about with a bucket over your head since about
1965, when the USA disowned first silver money and later gold, you must have
realised that things cannot expand indefinitely. Faced with collapse, the Deep
State is doubling down on Totalitarianism - shrinkage is their unacceptable outcome,
but further expansion invites WWIII.

You might think these are vague theoretical concepts until you look at Greece.
There, the only surprise is that DSK was found out, but note that the game advanced
by the IMF goes on without him because the rules are fixed in place.

The game will have only one winner and you ain't even in the Club. So what to do?

For we Doomers, the natural play is to short everything. Anyone attempting that
prior to July 2014 got handily crushed. If you've since made some money shorting oil
related services, congratulations. Forgive me, though, if I expect the gains
available from that escape route to be gradually crushed by regulation and taxation.

"You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it
becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you
pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash.
Become like water my friend." - Bruce Lee
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 20, 2015, 07:06:33 AM
In my eyes cash is easier to hide than BTC and crypto. One is undeclared and not really traceable when used for buying goods. Crypto on the other hand can leave all sorts of trails of you happen to drop an address of yours somewhere. That being said, should you manage to buy it anonymously and keep it in cold storage then you may have a chance of using it without having to declare.
sounds like a real hassle to me but cash is not easier to handle having a large amount is not safe bitcoin may be more easier but i think to get good mileage out of bitcoins you need to wait a few years. i guess every option has a pro and con.
legendary
June 20, 2015, 01:25:35 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094502.new#new

Started this in the alt.coin section as I think Bitcoin more easily is discussed there than talking about other coins can be talked about in the Bitcoin section.
Jump to: