Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 115. (Read 345738 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
June 12, 2015, 12:38:19 AM
Now there is an argument that network systems are breaking the shackles of hierarchy systems, but lets be very honest with this argument in that the best example we have of a network system, the internet, is a hodgepodge of actual freedom, freedom for appearance sake, sneaky-westernized totalitarianism, and in-your-face-what-are-gonna-do-about-it totalitarianism.

We must fix the internet so as to maintain the fundamental End-to-end principle. The designers forgot to build Tor into it when they designed it. And Tor has serious flaws; most importantly it can be Sybil attacked.

Now replace internet with decentralized currency, and TOR with Monero and you have the current state of affairs in cryptocurrency land--you could exchange p2p for zerocash and you'd have the future option in there as well. As Twain said, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

You've got the general theme correct, but you apparently may not be aware of the technical limitations of Monero, Tor, and Zerocash that make them unsuitable. For one, none of them scale.

ATM you need to add Bitcoin to that list.

AFAIK the db has greatly reduced the scaling problem for monero as far as wallets go, and the dynamic block limit allows adaptable scaling, and later, sidechains and daughterchains should move excess data from the mainchain.

Zerocash has a vapor-ware problem to deal with before it reaches a scaleability problem--that's why i put into the future as the p2p equivalent. But maybe quantum money gets here first....

Who knows what TOR could have done if, as you suggested, the designers had built it into the internet.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
June 12, 2015, 12:20:26 AM
Now there is an argument that network systems are breaking the shackles of hierarchy systems, but lets be very honest with this argument in that the best example we have of a network system, the internet, is a hodgepodge of actual freedom, freedom for appearance sake, sneaky-westernized totalitarianism, and in-your-face-what-are-gonna-do-about-it totalitarianism.

We must fix the internet so as to maintain the fundamental End-to-end principle. The designers forgot to build Tor into it when they designed it. And Tor has serious flaws; most importantly it can be Sybil attacked.

Now replace internet with decentralized currency, and TOR with Monero and you have the current state of affairs in cryptocurrency land--you could exchange p2p for zerocash and you'd have the future option in there as well. As Twain said, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

You've got the general theme correct, but you apparently may not be aware of the technical limitations of Monero, Tor, and Zerocash that make them unsuitable. For one, none of them scale.
legendary
June 12, 2015, 12:09:29 AM

We must fix the internet so as to maintain the fundamental End-to-end principle. The designers forget to build Tor into it when they designed it. And Tor has serious flaws; most importantly it can be Sybil attacked.

June 11, 2015, 11:55:31 PM

legendary
June 11, 2015, 10:12:45 PM

Bravo. Well said.

Unless ...

You create a Committee for Public Safety, with responsibility and the power to protect
the public from fraud.

The choice is yours.

Wouldn't a Committee of Public Safety become another power center rife for abuse and cronyism? I'm not sold on humans breaking with their long history of corruption anytime soon. Now, if you're talking about an unadulterated cryptosystem that works on consensus parameters that are agreed upon and maintained by one-voice = one-vote systems that are mathematically verified for authenticity, I'm listening.

Though my concern then comes to how is such a system built that it takes minority populations into accord. I also, in a very broad sense, wonder how such a system could be built without ending up like a nightmare out of Delueze's systems of control--sometimes I feel like the very technologies meant to expand our liberties are forcing us further and further down the maze toward more totalitarian states.  

June 11, 2015, 09:55:50 PM
On Secular Stagnation: A Response to Bernanke

Quote from: Larry Summers @ NWO
Ben Bernanke has inaugurated his blog with a set of thoughtful observations on the determinants of real interest rates (see his post here) and the secular stagnation hypothesis that I have invoked in an effort to understand recent macroeconomic developments.  I agree with much of what Ben writes and would highlight in particular his recognition that the Fed is in a sense a follower rather than a leader with respect to real interest rates –  since they are determined by broad factors bearing on the supply and demand for capital – and his recognition that equilibrium real rates appear to have been trending downward for quite some time.

Central banks have backstopped and prevented defaults to the $250 trillion of global debt.

So there is $250 trillion in debt sloshing around the world and yet Summers refers to this as "capital".

So his "solution" is NIRP and a cashless society to prevent anyone from escaping paying negative interest rates on their wealth. And use this resource extraction to continue to backstop the $250 trillion of debt in the world. In order words, Summers thinks we are stupid enough to be a dog chasing our tail wherein the excess "capital" is money we are expropriating from ourselves to prop up "capital" that would otherwise evaporate in a contagion of defaults. And then claim this excess capital that we stole from ourselves (via NIRP) is what is causing the excessive market demand for return of capital (aka safe haven) and thus NIRP.

This is the definition of insanity. And he isn't stupid enough to believe his nonsense. He is obviously scamming us.

Obama Is Targeting Your Retirement Accounts

He buys into the problem that the people are saving too much, and is using this to entertain the idea of placing a cap on how much an individual is allowed to contribute to their retirement plan. Additionally, he is considering adding a 10% or so tax on your 401k or IRA account.

Canada to Fingerprint Foreign Travelers

Canada’s Hunt for Cash Turns Against Trading Profits in Retirement Funds

The Canadian tax man is looking at trading in retirement accounts and redefining them as businesses in order to demand taxes.
Activity: 268
Merit: 256
June 11, 2015, 05:16:47 PM
The blockchain, bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies are now serious contenders within the space occupied
by various national currencies. Much is assumed through the lenses of fiat money and precious metals.
This text offers another view, and one away from these conceits.

1. Without Privacy there can be no Private Property.

It follows from this that the State, unless properly restrained, will attempt to expand its reach
and power by destroying privacy. Every attack on privacy is an attack on private property.
Income tax is an unjustified invasion of privacy and should be replaced by a tax on wealth.

2. A definition of Wealth, Money, and Debt.

Wealth is any commodity that can be stored and consumed, and includes any resource, including land,
that can provide a flow of commodities.
Money is a means of account and a useful end use of wealth.
Precious metals and cryptocurrencies are money.
While money may provide a means to pay tax, a tax on money is illogical.
Fiat "money" is debt. Debt is a claim on wealth at some time in the future.
Taxing debt is a form of insanity. Payment of debt is a political matter.

3. The Politics of Debt.

There are two kinds of debt, good debt and bad debt.
The good debt pays for itself.
The bad debt cannot be repaid.
Where you stand on the queue for repayment depends on your political viewpoint.

On this last axiom depends much of the future of the world.

A vast fraud has been placed on the public as a burden by the body politic.
A crash of the financial system and one worse than 2008 is highly probable
and will likely be triggered by an overcorrection within China that will
reverberate around the world.

Now is the time to prepare yourselves by understanding the mechanisms in play.
The pound in your purse should be redeemable in any bank for a pound of silver.
Similarly, a US dollar bill sould be redeemable by an ounce of silver,
in Germany gold Marks, and also for many other national currencies.

That they are not redeemable is a reflection of the current state of economies,
the mishandling and mendacity of politicians and central bankers, and the partial
interests of those whose hands are on the levers of power.

When the crash comes they will tell you, the public that all is well. That is a lie.
When things worsen they will tell you, the public that they are in control and
that normality will be restored. That too is a lie.
Things will get even worse and they will tell you the public that everything must be
shared for the common good because they know best. That also is a lie.

When it is all over they will have everything and you, the public will have
less than nothing.

Unless ...

You create a Committee for Public Safety, with responsibility and the power to protect
the public from fraud.

The choice is yours.
June 10, 2015, 05:27:19 PM
Re mixing, well, yes, it is essentially impossible to know if they might be centralized or otherwise compromised.  But, mixing for me is more about BETTER security, I doubt that I could hide my tracks vs. the Big Rhino (US .gov), so I do not much care.  Just hiding the trail somewhat is "good enough" vs. other threats (mafias, etc.) against my BTC.

I'd worry more about the mafia running or compromising the centralized server mixers. They can plant a human at the Host, etc..

Centralized mixing is not safe. Convert to XMR, then mix onchain using the downloadable wallet (browser wallets that don't compromise your anonymity are coming but don't use the exchanges such as Polonex), then spend back to BTC using ShapeShift.io or XMR.to.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
June 10, 2015, 04:09:05 PM

And THAT (easy to use, secure crypto) will be a great innovation!  If it is more secure, that would be a nice step in bypassing Economic Totalitarianism...

I responded in the other thread that I was sorry to mis-characterize your statements on Monero, everyone already knows that I am still a beginner in my understanding of BTC.

Re mixing, well, yes, it is essentially impossible to know if they might be centralized or otherwise compromised.  But, mixing for me is more about BETTER security, I doubt that I could hide my tracks vs. the Big Rhino (US .gov), so I do not much care.  Just hiding the trail somewhat is "good enough" vs. other threats (mafias, etc.) against my BTC.
June 10, 2015, 03:41:20 PM
Cross-posted as OROBTC did too:

1)  BTC has rather good acceptance, that is, the products you can buy using BTC are rather wide.  This is good.  

What is available using Monero?  How easy/difficult is it to buy Monero?

You can spend XMR any where BTC is accepted by employing XMR.to or ShapeShift.io. You don't even need a login account for ShapeShift.io.

I believe those are derivatives of the insight I (posting as AnonyMint) made in 2013 that unit-of-account is dying in relative importance because with crypto-currency all liquid units-of-account are convertible in real-time. Rpietila reiterated that point recently in the Economic Totalitarianism thread.

2)  With a little work (and about 0.6% - 1.0%), you can hide your trail a little better by mixing BTC.

No! Those are centralized servers and you have no way to know that they are not compromised. Also research has shown they can be unmasked with traffic analysis. Google afair "Coin fog".

IIUC, one of the main attractions of Monero is that the anonymity is/will be better than using BTC.  TPTB_need_war has stated that Monero is not yet secure, can anyone explain (in words that even my grandma could understand) Monero and anonymity?

Bottom line is that Monero has the only robust onchain anonymity that I am aware of thus far. Only onchain anonymity is really trustworthy and scalable (assuming you've obscured your IP address when sending the transaction to the network or used a pigeon).

I have stated that I am not 100% convinced that the anonymity sets can't be combinatorially unmasked because as far as I know Monero allows unlimited overlapping rings. That is for further study. Also I'd like to see quantum computing resistant ring sigs, because eventually elliptic curve stuff will be cracked by a quantum computer (IBM says maybe as soon as 15 years from and the block chain is a permanent record).

We've explained the nuances upthread and else where, but that is all you really need to know. Smooth might chime in as well.

My prior post compares Monero's onchain anonymity to the new onchain anonymity proposals from Sumcoin and Blockstream's Confidential Transactions (for their side chains).

An easy to use, widely accepted and anonymous crypto would be a great thing.

It is inevitable. And probably within this year. See all the innovation pushing this direction. Just hang on.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
June 10, 2015, 03:22:31 PM

Monero & Bitcoin (thx, rpietila and troller for inspiring this post)

I have been trying to get a handle on two issues re the two cryptos:

1)  BTC has rather good acceptance, that is, the products you can buy using BTC are rather wide.  This is good.  

What is available using Monero?  How easy/difficult is it to buy Monero?

2)  With a little work (and about 0.6% - 1.0%), you can hide your trail a little better by mixing BTC.  

IIUC, one of the main attractions of Monero is that the anonymity is/will be better than using BTC.  TPTB_need_war has stated that Monero is not yet secure, can anyone explain (in words that even my grandma could understand) Monero and anonymity?

An easy to use, widely accepted and anonymous crypto would be a great thing.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
June 10, 2015, 01:50:37 AM
Bitcoin maximalists fear (and consequently: hate) Monero more than fiat. Why?

It's superior.
donator
Activity: 1722
June 10, 2015, 01:47:35 AM
Bitcoin maximalists fear (and consequently: hate) Monero more than fiat. Why?
legendary
June 10, 2015, 01:19:59 AM
Global population forecasts for 2025:

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx?pag=1&sort=GDP&ord=DESC

There have been many questions about the countries forecast specially the one focusing on the United States of America (USA). They won't be answered one by one but below you can find some explanation, thoughts and reflections. We are going to keep this as short as possible.

The majority of the economic and demographic data used in the making of the forecasts is widely available by institutions such as the CIA, IMF, UN, USG, etc. You can see the most relevant data at every single country's page. There is a tiny part of data coming from a variety of shadow sources such as Internet gurus, unsigned reports and others. But all these sources are from the internet and are of public domain for at least a minority. For example, several years ago Dagong, the Chinese ratings agency, published a report analyzing the physical economy of the States comparing it with those of China, Germany and Japan. The conclusion was that the US GDP was something between $5 to $10 trillion instead of $15 trillion as officially reported by the USG. We assume that the official data, especially economic, released by governments is fake, cooked or distorted in some degree. Historically it is well known that the former Soviet Union was making up fake statistics years before its collapse. Western as well as other countries are making up their numbers today to conceal their real state of affairs. We are sure that many people out there can find government statistics in their own countries that by their own personal experience are hard to believe or are so optimistic that may belong to a different country.

Despite the numeric data "quantity" there is a "quality" model which has not a direct translation into numeric data. The 2014 strain of Ebola has a death rate of 50-60% but try to imagine what would happen if there is a pandemic of Ebola with hundreds of thousands or millions infected with the virus. So far the few cases of Ebola-infected people have "enjoyed" intensive healthcare with anti-viral and breathing assistance but above all with abundant human support by Physicians and nurses. In a pandemic scenario that kind of healthcare won't be available for the overwhelming number of infected leading to a dramatic increase of the death rate due to the lack of proper healthcare. The "quality" factor is that the death rate could increase to 80-90% in a pandemic scenario from the stated 50-60% rate. The figure itself is not important what is relevant is the fact that the scenario can evolve beyond the initial conditions from a 50% death toll to more than 90%. By the way, no pandemic or nuclear war is included in the forecast.

The key element to understand the process that the USA will enter in the upcoming decade is migration. In the past, specially in the 20th century, the key factor that allowed the USA to rise to its colossus status was immigration with the benefits of a demographic expansion supporting the credit expansion and the brain drain from the rest of the world benefiting the States. The collapse of the Western financial system will wipe out the standard of living of its population while ending ponzi schemes such as the stock exchange and the pension funds. The population will be hit so badly by a full array of bubbles and ponzi schemes that the migration engine will start to work in reverse accelerating itself due to ripple effects thus leading to the demise of the States. This unseen situation for the States will develop itself in a cascade pattern with unprecedented and devastating effects for the economy. Jobs offshoring will surely end with many American Corporations relocating overseas thus becoming foreign Corporations!!!! We see a significant part of the American population migrating to Latin America and Asia while migration to Europe - suffering a similar illness - won't be relevant. Nevertheless the death toll will be horrible. Take into account that the Soviet Union's population was poorer than the Americans nowadays or even then. The ex-Soviets suffered during the following struggle in the 1990s with a significant death toll and the loss of national pride. Might we say "Twice the pride, double the fall"? Nope. The American standard of living is one of the highest, far more than double of the Soviets while having added a services economy that will be gone along with the financial system. When pensioners see their retirement disappear in front of their eyes and there are no servicing jobs you can imagine what is going to happen next. At least younger people can migrate. Never in human history were so many elders among the population. In past centuries people were lucky to get to their 30s or 40s. The American downfall is set to be far worse than the Soviet Union's one. A confluence of crisis with a devastating result.

The Demographic crisis in the former Soviet Union countries has extended for over two decades, if we accept that it ended early in this decade (2010s). The demographic crisis will hit the World in the near future and is projected to last between three and eight decades more or less depending on technological breakthrough and environmental issues. The aftermath is more likely a frozen picture with the population numbers staying the same for a very, very long period of time. The countries forecast population numbers do reflect birth/deaths but also migratory movements. Many countries are going to increase their gross population due to immigration while their native population may shrink.

Over the past two thousand years we have witnessed the Western civilization built around the Mediterranean Sea shifting to Northern Europe and then by the mid 20th century shifting to an Atlantic axis to finally get centered into the States in the past 30 years. The next move will see the civilization being centered in Asia with Russia and China on top. Historically a change in the economic paradigm has resulted in a death toll that is rarely highlighted by mainstream historians. When the transition from rural areas to large cities happened in Europe many people unable to accept the new paradigm killed themselves. They killed themselves by a psychological factor. This is not mainstream but it is true. A new crisis joins old, well known patterns with new ones.

Sorry to disappoint many of you with our forecast. It is getting worse and worse every year since the beginning of the pre-crisis in 2007. It is already said that this website is non-profit, built on spare time and we provide our information and services AS IS without further explanations and/or guarantees. We are not linked to any government in any way, shape or form. We are not a death or satanic cult or arms dealers as some BS is floating around the internet on this topic. Take into account that the forecast is nothing more than a model whether flawed or correct. It is not God's word or a magic device that allows to foresee the future.

Sunday, October 26th, 2014
legendary
June 10, 2015, 12:47:41 AM
Sometimes I just want to watch the world burn
legendary
June 09, 2015, 06:24:50 AM
Socrates under attack by the powers that be?

QUESTION: I attend Abundance 360 hosted by Peter Diamandis each year and he states that only the Pentagon, Homeland Security and NASA have Quantum computing abilities and that they can hack into any program on the planet with those abilities.  With that said will Socrates be based on a Quantum platform?

ANSWER: Preventing attacks has been one of our greatest concerns when trying to provide access to Socrates. The only SAFE way to accomplish this monumental problem has been to create time locks, so to speak, and by no means will Socrates be connected online through the services. Only the results will upload to our servers but there will be no path directly to Socrates in order to prevent hackers.

So far, we have had over 7,000 attempts to break-in this year. This is a major issue and the platform that Socrates resides on will have to remain a secret. Some will try to steal him and others will try to prevent the public from accessing such info. This is a cyber war I never thought I would find myself in.

It is very clear that there are forces who seek to prevent this site from functioning and they can only be driven by those who want to prevent the public from gaining access to something other than opinion based forecasting. We just have to accept that there are indeed simply evil people who could care less about the world we live in as long as they get their’s. These people are like cancer cells out to destroy the very host in which they survive bringing about their own demise as well. They are too stupid and greedy to realize if the host dies, so do they.
June 09, 2015, 05:30:15 AM
There is one fly in the ointment of curing the altcoin disease with pegged side coins.

Users will use a side chain for features they like, but there is 0 direct incentive for them to use a side chain to get a higher ROI on their investment.

Thus those who want to maximize ROI of some new feature such as for example on chain anonymity (off chain anonymity is untenable), will prefer to buy the altcoin version of the feature assuming that altcoin has a superior adoption curve to Bitcoin (remember smaller things grow faster on percentage basis).

And especially if that altcoin has an ecosystem that refuses to accept BTC directly because it is recognized that Bitcoin is a NWO paradigm wherein the future is Coinbase, Circle, Paypal, Facebook, etc will move their zombie masses onto a pegged side chain they control with a centralized ledger, with full compliance government KYC required on all transactions. The masses don't care. They already completed the KYC requirement when they joined those sites.

It will come down to a war over anonymity. Bitcoin gets the non-anonymous world. Another altcoin will vie for the anonymous world if it is done correctly. The key will be driving anonymous usage and thus adoption.

One could argue that an anonymous side chain would suffice for users of anonymity, but this depends on the usage of anonymity. If all you are doing is storing value, then you plan to cash out via BTC, then that isn't going to drive much adoption as evident for Moanero.

But if you've got an ecosystem for anonymity that has investors and operators who refuse to accept BTC then such an ecosystem can outpace Bitcoin's percentage growth and thus ROI for investors.

Why would investors and operators of an anonymity ecosystem refuse to accept BTC? Because they'd be shooting their own foot in terms of their investment in the altcoin with a higher growth rate. They'd be siphoning off their own network effects and diluting them into the larger monolith of BTC chains. It is a simple economic calculation. One can assume that anonymous operators will be intelligent, otherwise they wouldn't be interested in anonymity.

I remember watching Adam Back's talk about this concept when he was in Israel at a meeting I think sponsored by Meni Rosenfeld.

In any case, the concept is sort of inane. Who ever receives a payment can trace all the way back through the chain of payment history of obscured amounts. So afaics the anonymity breaks down over time to eventually 0. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Also in the linked text from Maxell, he claims that ring sigs need a forever expanding high bloated unscalable block chain. I have solved that problem.

The main problem side chains has introduced for me, is they can steal my technology and put it in a side chain. So I will just have to put it in a side chain first and make sure I am siphoning value from BTC in a way that can't technologically be improved upon. I know how to do this because it was already necessary in my design.

So everything is falling right into place for me. Monero has eventually been co-opted by side chains (unfortunately).

In any case, the concept is sort of inane. Who ever receives a payment can trace all the way back through the chain of payment history of obscured amounts. So afaics the anonymity breaks down over time to eventually 0. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I think I conflated with the "respendable commited-tx". The homomorphic encryption was 5 slides above that. So perhaps the HE does not have the flaw I assumed. So it hides payment amounts but doesn't mix outputs from numerous entities. You'd still need CoinJoin for that, which is unscalable. And if you add on-chain ring sigs, then you don't need the HE. Also I don't understand how hiding the amount helps when the amount needs to be same for all those who are mixing in CoinJoin  Huh (otherwise analysis of permutations between input and output amounts can decrease the anonymity set).

So far this looks like another one of those half-baked Gregory Maxwell ideas.  Roll Eyes I await clarification.

Links:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fungibility-privacy-identity-adam-back-february-2014-509674
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoins-with-homomorphic-value-validatable-but-encrypted-305791
June 09, 2015, 05:01:51 AM
An education about reality for Cypherdoc and his Kafkaesque "saving the Afrikaans" kleptocratic plutocracy.

Over the past year or two, I had been able to order imported vitamins of all types from olx.ph. The sellers didn't need a business license, didn't pay any taxes, thus low overhead and reasonable prices (about 2X what I'd pay online in the USA). They would order these in bulk from the USA and ship via filoutlet.com to Manila. You'd send them a money transfer or bank deposit, then they'd ship to you. An ideal market for Bitcoin right? Read on...

Suddenly olx.ph merged with both ayosdito.ph and sulit.ph, leaving only buyandsell.ph and ebay.ph remaining. Well ebay still allows vitamins apparently but takes a 10% cut. But all the other sites apparently no longer allow human vitamin listings, ostensibly because the BFAD (Bureau of Food and Drugs) has cracked down. Yet you can still buy vitamins on ebay.ph, Lazada.com.ph, and one other site. Lazada is only allowing sellers who have registered with the government and thus pay taxes, as well as taking their own cut of the sale.

So the problem is that for any site to do what used to be available is going to require anonymity for the site (not for the resellers because the government would never try to go after 100s of small resellers). But how to make a site anonymous? Tor hidden servers are apparently compromised. And besides no one in the Philippines is going to install Tor just to shop online.

The slow creep into the NWO is underway. You'd have to be blind to not see.
June 09, 2015, 03:28:55 AM
Quote from: TPTB_need_war link=topic=68655.msg11571098#msg11571098

When the mining refuses transactions without KYC, then you will not be anonymous in Bitcoin. I have already explained how this will come about over time.

You are digging your expropriation grave with Bitcoin.

Anonymous cash has been the preferred form of money for the last centuries. It is only with the advent of Bitcoin in the last ~7 years that has opened the possibility of a traceable digital token for some delusional "one-world-one-block-chain" bitcoiners think its a silver bullet for every problem in the world, mainly against the system and its power-grabbing freaks they say to fight against.

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/tech-behind-bitcoin-stop-next-snowden/

Some of us see the threat. But how many of us are there? Enough to make an altcoin fly?

I think so, especially by drawing in the Silk Road market using an out-of-band application. What say you?
Jump to: