Pages:
Author

Topic: Economy pressure - page 8. (Read 1375 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 304
February 15, 2024, 03:11:40 PM
The content of the thread seems to focus mainly on the form of hardship Nigerians are facing due to the bad economy and high cost of living when their earnings are not even helping matters for those low-class civil servants and public servants. This thread could have been best suited for the Nigerian local board, but then again, Nigeria is not the only country suffering from this economic recession, so it's a global problem.

The cost of living is really something else in this part of the world. You can't even make a proper plan on how to spend money on things you really need. Leaving your house to the market with an estimated budget and getting to the market to realise that what you have at hand can't even get you half of the things you have on your list is very alarming.

Those who are earning in their respective local currency in a country that solely depends on exportation, which increases their demand for the use of foreign currencies, are the ones suffering the most in this hard economy, and aside from this, a country where the price of things is not being regulated will suffer more compared to the level it could have been if it were only because of high inflation.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
February 15, 2024, 03:08:41 PM
I would assume you are a Nigerian due to the communication style and you're referrn to the current inflation and economic situation in the country. It is a fire situation, with each day the naira losses value against global currencies, leading to higher cost of goods and services and little to no local production to boost exports.

How can a family man who earns 50k with 3 kids and also paying for rent feeds and many more, how can he with stand this economy pressure where there is no stability no mouthwatering salaries at all. This days we wake up and pray things should get better but it's like our country does not accept prayers everyday increments.
Twenty years ago, such a family would have been in the middle class of society, but today they are in extreme poverty and the middle class has been all but eroded.

On the "how", I would suggest entrepreneurship. White collar jobs have fixed payments which do not increase to accommodate inflation, but selling a service or goods allows you flexibility to adjust prices as the economy changes.
Activity: 95
Merit: 22
February 15, 2024, 02:56:27 PM
Pressure is something that no one would want to have at all there are some pressure that can even bring a man to see his end. So many things in this our human world can cause pressure to a man.
An example of this pressure am talking about is this our economy an economy where things rises everyday but no sufficient fund to back up with. Ok Imagine I bought a soup for 250 naira just after three days I went back to get the same soap I was told the soap is now #350 imagine me that have only 2k and have already scheduled how to spend it before I will expect something in the day coming this kind thing is another pressure I just dropped this one, there are many more  bigger than this one.

How can a family man who earns 50k with 3 kids and also paying for rent feeds and many more, how can he with stand this economy pressure where there is no stability no mouthwatering salaries at all. This days we wake up and pray things should get better but it's like our country does not accept prayers everyday increments.
Pages:
Jump to: