Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] Bitcoin-related Scam Websites - page 5. (Read 16869 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
legendary
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 16, 2015, 09:48:51 AM

Thanks Man for Updating regularly,It helps us a lot,Keep it up.
legendary
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
June 13, 2015, 11:36:07 AM
Could this thread made a sticky one? I think it would be a really useful one to forum members in general, and newcomers in particular.

Just my 2 satoshi, however!  Wink
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
June 13, 2015, 11:31:35 AM
Please add the scam site thebtcescrow.com to the list

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11607745
legendary
Activity: 252
June 10, 2015, 07:37:58 PM
This is such a book mark thread for every person who wants to invest in some sort of cloud mining..

Almost an entire history on one thread.. BFL..  Cheesy

I think cloudminr.io is potentially one, but then again, they always been paying out.. so its hard to say when they`ll do a pbmining moment. 
legendary
legendary
June 10, 2015, 12:20:41 PM
Lot of late-comers who are now just hearing about Bitcoin and finding out their only way to obtain it is to spend money or scam. Since many of them are broke to begin with, they opt for the latter.
Activity: 434
June 10, 2015, 01:56:30 AM
why there are so many scammer in Bitcoin bussiness?
legendary
legendary
June 09, 2015, 05:50:31 PM
Please add alldiscounts.club:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11576415

It seems it hasn't scammed anyone here yet but someone promoted this obvious scam here today and I see it's being promoted on several other BTC sites.

Good looking out!

SCAM alldiscounts.club | https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11576383
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
June 09, 2015, 02:48:24 PM
Please add alldiscounts.club:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11576415

It seems it hasn't scammed anyone here yet but someone promoted this obvious scam here today and I see it's being promoted on several other BTC sites.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 406
May 15, 2015, 05:33:12 AM
Bitcoin-forums.net doesn't look like a simple content mirror...

That could just be the site owner's attempts to monetize it. It could still be a content mirror, just one with ads.

Anyway, if you think it's best to consider it a phishing site as a precautionary measure then I have no objections. Even if it isn't one, it definitely seems quite suspicious for it to even exist in the first place and without any way to tell whether or not login attempts are being logged, it's probably best to assume that it is a phishing site and stay clear. Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
May 15, 2015, 12:27:19 AM
Hmm... Didn't realize that.

I guess it could be a simple content mirror then, although it could just as easily be a phishing site. Without some kind of official statement from the site owner (or disabling of the login prompt), it's probably best to stay on the safe side I guess.

The other site that I linked to in my previous post (Data321.net) was a content mirror for Chinese users, for example:

if you visit the site and scroll to the bottom, you'll see this:
本网站为比特币加速站点,只为方便中国用户搜索及查找相关答案,属于非营利网站,友情链接或者其他相关问题,请联系QQ:2450057300.
which translates to
This website is Bitcoin accelerate site, only for the convenience of Chinese users to search and find relevant answers, a non-profit website, links or other related issues, please contact QQ: 2450057300.

Mystery solved. all you had to do was scroll down. Kiss

Bitcoin-forums.net doesn't look like a simple content mirror.

Google is stupid and has trouble differentiating bitcointalk.org from mirrors. That site is trying to exploit this in order to occasionally place above or near bitcointalk.org in search results, and then use this position to make money in various ways. It seems that currently they were paid to increase the click stats of some specific URLs, and they're doing this by putting some extra iframes in each page.

Hmm... I always thought Google's search engine ranking algorithm penalized sites that have duplicate content. Strange to see that it isn't the case for Bitcointalk. I also regularly see Bitcointa.lk being placed higher in search results than this site too.

Didn't notice the iframes until you pointed it out. Yes, very sneaky. I can see them in the code:

Code:

Not sure how they would be able to profit from this though. Huh

There also seems to be some extra JavaScript at the end for StatCounter too as well as something that looks Chinese.
Not sure how they would be able to profit from this though. Huh
for the aliexpress link: cookie stuffing
Activity: 406
May 14, 2015, 08:52:05 PM
Hmm... Didn't realize that.

I guess it could be a simple content mirror then, although it could just as easily be a phishing site. Without some kind of official statement from the site owner (or disabling of the login prompt), it's probably best to stay on the safe side I guess.

The other site that I linked to in my previous post (Data321.net) was a content mirror for Chinese users, for example:

if you visit the site and scroll to the bottom, you'll see this:
本网站为比特币加速站点,只为方便中国用户搜索及查找相关答案,属于非营利网站,友情链接或者其他相关问题,请联系QQ:2450057300.
which translates to
This website is Bitcoin accelerate site, only for the convenience of Chinese users to search and find relevant answers, a non-profit website, links or other related issues, please contact QQ: 2450057300.

Mystery solved. all you had to do was scroll down. Kiss
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
May 14, 2015, 12:11:47 AM
Bitcoin-forums.net

There was an earlier thread posted in the meta section about that site here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-is-bitcoin-forumsnet-998187

It doesn't seem to be a scam/phishing site since nobody has reported their account being compromised from it yet although I've noticed that they use popunder ads which is kinda dishonest since they didn't create the content themselves. Perhaps labeling it as a possible scam might be a better idea.

EDIT: [b[It's also possible that the site is meant to be used as a proxy service for those who live in countries where Bitcointalk is banned.[/b] This site was such an example:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-is-data321-930169

You can't use any functions in it including login. So it is not a mirror site for ISP ban evading. So it is probably a phishing site and/or for making money. As nothing works in it, we can conclude it is a phishing site.
Pages:
Jump to: