Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] Faucet risks - page 4. (Read 67597 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
February 09, 2016, 07:52:44 AM
If this is true then why are all the faucet rotator posts allowed on this Microearnings subforum and not deleted?  Half this forum is just people constantly making new threads about their rotator which is just essentially a different why of them trying to get referrals.  They're not discovering anything new, everyone has the same faucets they're trying to get refs to.

Well yeah, that's a pretty big loophole since only explicit referral links are forbidden. Not just rotators but also faucet lists. And a lot of them post on faucet threads to promote their list/rotator.

Not sure if these count or not, but I came across a faucet site with fake buttons

Fake recaptcha button (courtesy of bee-ads.com)

Fake claim button (courtesy of adbit.co)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 09, 2016, 07:11:00 AM
It looks that the only way to make decent income on faucets is by referrals. As long as you can build a large network of referrals faucets are good passive income generator. 
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
February 08, 2016, 09:21:22 PM

#3 Referal spam

Many faucets offer a bonus payment if you refer other users to it. Keep in mind that this board has a strict anti-spam policy. If you create a post for the sole purpose of posting a referral link it will get removed. If your member rank is high enough, you can use a ref link in your signature. If your post is only a reference to your signature its still considered ref spam though. Some cropped quotes from the admin that is going to ban you if you fail to understand this concept:

Do not make topics or replies just to share your referral link. Whether it's in your sig, avatar, personal message, profile, within the post itself, or tattooed on your forehead is irrelevant.

You are allowed to put your refferal link on your signature
So, when you make promotion, ask users to join through refferal link on your signature
And you might want to use link shortener, so every user can't know the refferal link

Any you should know it already when you join this forum

Still referral spam.

If you pay people to register under your ref link it works on games and rounds, also sometimes when people find new promos or giveaways they give their ref link and a non ref link, seems to be allowed aswell.

Still referral spam.

If this is true then why are all the faucet rotator posts allowed on this Microearnings subforum and not deleted?  Half this forum is just people constantly making new threads about their rotator which is just essentially a different why of them trying to get referrals.  They're not discovering anything new, everyone has the same faucets they're trying to get refs to.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★★SatoshiCollector.co.uk★★
February 05, 2016, 09:50:04 AM
there are some faucet that pay good but withdraw is too high... and before you get money they close the site!

That's a cheap trick to get traffic and save money mostly that type of faucet owner use free domain like .TK
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
January 31, 2016, 01:25:24 PM
The only faucet i tried many times is freebitco.in but the pay you a little for high-end hard work for a whole week while they gain more money from ads so i decided to forget all about faucets and to find another profitable good job in exchange to BTC.
Faucet can't give you big money . faucet only give you taste of bit coin to get start with it.

you can try bit coin trading .
Activity: 714
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
January 28, 2016, 09:43:24 AM
The only faucet i tried many times is freebitco.in but the pay you a little for high-end hard work for a whole week while they gain more money from ads so i decided to forget all about faucets and to find another profitable good job in exchange to BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 3440
Nec Recisa Recedit
January 23, 2016, 04:11:05 PM
there are some faucet that pay good but withdraw is too high... and before you get money they close the site!
January 23, 2016, 01:40:26 PM
Not exactly a risk to the faucet user per se, but as you can see from this thread, Google/Adsense doesn't exactly like faucet sites so there's always a risk of faucets getting banned by them. Without Adsense, the faucets pay out less and sometimes can even dry up altogether. The ecosystem can be pretty fragile.

You're right it's a risk but most faucet owner do not follow rules that's why they get ban.
Activity: 224
This user is currently ignored.
January 21, 2016, 03:04:04 PM
Not exactly a risk to the faucet user per se, but as you can see from this thread, Google/Adsense doesn't exactly like faucet sites so there's always a risk of faucets getting banned by them. Without Adsense, the faucets pay out less and sometimes can even dry up altogether. The ecosystem can be pretty fragile.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
December 31, 2015, 06:07:01 PM
Thanks for this thread. I started to look at faucets to see if they were useful ways to drivre traffic to other sites. I think that the returns are so small, that driving faucet visitors to other sites will just be burning server bandwidth.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
December 29, 2015, 12:18:42 PM
Thanks for the informative post! But not all faucets are bad.  Smiley

No, certainly not. Just take care, some are.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
December 28, 2015, 10:09:56 PM
Thanks for the informative post! But not all faucets are bad.  Smiley
December 23, 2015, 11:55:06 AM
Wow guys, so much negativity on faucets.
-snip-

Well the thread is mainly about the risks, not about the benefits. Maybe thats why it comes off negative. Its always good to hear from someone that actually ran a faucet.

The benefit is only one that user get free fraction of bit coin.
A quick way to get free bit coins without dealing with bit coin exchanges and buying from own pocket .
legendary
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
December 14, 2015, 03:50:22 PM
Faucets are trendy and I own one of the best Smiley   ( I dont write this post to advertise my faucet Smiley )

It is not so easy to manage a faucet (I mean a decent one with serious intentions)

There are many things you must set :  website design/script , dedicated server, custom modifications, security, etc.

Also the balance between revenue and payments could be a problem (must test and test to find the right value)
Agree with all you mentioned above. till now I couldn't found  right value for balance between revenue and payments.

Activity: 560
November 26, 2015, 02:56:28 PM
Yes but some antivirus just dont are able to find all the virus that may affect your computer soo the malicious ads may affect your computer and you cant do nothing against it.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
November 25, 2015, 10:08:24 AM
Well those information is a good advice to who use faucets ,that must know they can be infected by malicious software.

Shouldn't we all take proper precautions (anti-virus, firewall, ...) these days? It's a common sense that people should protect themselves (for whatever kind of websites they visit).
Activity: 560
November 25, 2015, 07:36:45 AM
Well those information is a good advice to who use faucets ,that must know they can be infected by malicious software.
Activity: 140
November 23, 2015, 06:17:39 PM
Thank you for posting this. I get so tired on forums when people ask questions looking for answers (like why are faucets bad) and 99.99% of the posts are just like because they are ok. Which is no help what so ever. Very informative and well thought out with good examples. Thanks OP for taking the time to post this. You answered a lot of my questions.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
November 15, 2015, 02:40:08 AM
-snip-

Maybe thats why it comes off negative.

I guess so. I forgot to thank the TS for his help and warnings. Thanks TS. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 14, 2015, 05:01:12 PM
-snip-

Well the thread is mainly about the risks, not about the benefits. Maybe thats why it comes off negative. Its always good to hear from someone that actually ran a faucet.
Pages:
Jump to: